Target Ad 3/3-3/9 - Tomb Raider (with Exclusive Steelbook Case) $59.99

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#151 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

...so you're all getting on 360 cuz of the G1 size case? you all silly!
- StayFree( ' 3')

My selling thread...full of rare press only merch that you don't really need.

(gaming promos, posters, press kits, developer signed items, etc.)

#152 notung

notung

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:01 PM

For those who are interested, here is the barcode from the PS3 version.

[It's different from the regular version.]

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29607

Edited by notung, 05 March 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#153 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

damn, that's right...forgot to ask if anyone is seeing the CE in their local target?
- StayFree( ' 3')

My selling thread...full of rare press only merch that you don't really need.

(gaming promos, posters, press kits, developer signed items, etc.)

#154 junkie88

junkie88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:10 PM

Got one 1st thing this morning for Xbox. My store had 4 for each system I was 1st in line of about 6 people. Love the look of the steelbook

#155 shahmastert

shahmastert

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I can confirm that the Shantytown DLC comes with the steelbook edition, if that hasn't been mentioned.

#156 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

damn, that's right...forgot to ask if anyone is seeing the CE in their local target?

No ce at my Target.
I'd be more annoyed by the G1 case if I kept the games in them, but I usually print up custom art and put them in a standard case to keep the steel book from being damaged. I've got all my Tomb Raider games on the PS3,saw no reason to change that now.

#157 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

I was only person at my target. They had 3 for each system.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#158 notung

notung

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

No CEs at my Target either. 5 copies for each platform (4, considering that the display copies are damaged from those awful cases).

#159 enigma

enigma

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

Got mine for 360 at 8:30 with no problem. Looks like they had about 3-5 of them. Waiting outside Best Buy for them to open now to pick up my CE and figuring out the best approach to recoup most of my money back on one of the game copies.

#160 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:37 PM

It's a beautiful case, but I'll take $20 from Best Buy over a case any day...

#161 Dirty

Dirty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

No CEs at my Target either. 5 copies for each platform (4, considering that the display copies are damaged from those awful cases).

Funny story about that. When I was working last night, I decided to put a note on the steelbooks in the back, requesting that they not put them in those display cases. I explained that people are viewing this as something of a collector's item and might be upset when those copies end up dented.

Well it turns out that the person who put them out thought that my note was way out of line. How dare I tell them how to do their job! Apparently, it was an unreasonable request, and my note had a "rude, snarky tone". She didn't know which electronics team member wrote it, and she took it to our boss, who took it to his boss, who asked this morning's electronics guy if he knew who wrote it (and he told me all about it when I picked up my preorder).

So now I'm in hot water just because I asked them not to dent the steelbooks.

#162 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

i wish some1 could post pics of the actual steelbook inside the slipcover ,lol both the back and front

#163 omgcarebears

omgcarebears

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Target on Taylor street in Houston has about 7 of each, they couldn't find the box at first and i was getting nervous lol.

#164 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I can confirm that the Shantytown DLC comes with the steelbook edition, if that hasn't been mentioned.

do you know if the extra skin DLC is included?

#165 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:29 PM

So if you preordered with that $1 dollar card, will they hold one for you?

#166 notung

notung

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

Funny story about that. When I was working last night, I decided to put a note on the steelbooks in the back, requesting that they not put them in those display cases. I explained that people are viewing this as something of a collector's item and might be upset when those copies end up dented.

Well it turns out that the person who put them out thought that my note was way out of line. How dare I tell them how to do their job! Apparently, it was an unreasonable request, and my note had a "rude, snarky tone". She didn't know which electronics team member wrote it, and she took it to our boss, who took it to his boss, who asked this morning's electronics guy if he knew who wrote it (and he told me all about it when I picked up my preorder).

So now I'm in hot water just because I asked them not to dent the steelbooks.

Well done; I hope there isn't any serious trouble considering you were "only thinking of the customer." I used to buy a lot of games from the clearance bin, but these days they always seem to be the damaged display copies (which I refuse to buy; in fact, Tomb Raider is the first game I've purchased from Target in ages--and I only did so because of the steelbook). It still baffles my mind that a retail outfit would knowingly and deliberately damage its own merchandise. Of course, the corporate clowns who approved this idiotic design probably all received promotions.

#167 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

i wish some1 could post pics of the actual steelbook inside the slipcover ,lol both the back and front

It's in the OP.

#168 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

I got mine about 8:10. Sounds like my store got 8 for each platform, and 1 was sold before me.

#169 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Well done; I hope there isn't any serious trouble considering you were "only thinking of the customer."

Seconded. It seems to be against corporate policy in a lot of retail stores to think about the customer and when an employee does they get in trouble. WTfuck.

#170 Dirty

Dirty

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, normally I just accept that many of our games get damaged, because there's very little I can do to stop it. I was just making this an exception since the steelbook is going to draw in collectors, who are exactly the kind of people who will get mad about it.

I've even gotten complaints from people that don't care about the condition of the case. They just want to play the game and they're worried the disc might be damaged.

I'm actually off until Friday, so I'd like to think it will blow over by then, but my team lead does already dislike me for other reasons. I'll let you know if I get written up.

#171 capcaveman19

capcaveman19

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:36 PM

Checked in at a target at opening in the San Fernando valley CA

And to my surprise this target only had 1 360 and ps3 copy.

The clerk asked 3 or 4 people and they said that was all they got.

Walked away with the 360 copy and wreck it Ralph

The girl who rang me up was happy cause I didn't take the ps3 copy

Looks awesome, glad I got there when I did. Happy hunting to everyone else.

#172 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

For those who are interested, here is the barcode from the PS3 version.

[It's different from the regular version.]

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29607

That's interesting. Is the DPCI (DCPI?) the same?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#173 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Well one Target was all sold out of steel book copies. Only regular editions left. Time to try another I guess.

#174 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Got the steelbook version for PS3 in Elk Grove, CA. They had about 6 per platform.

Couple observations:
The case is beautiful
Copies include the multiplayer Shanty Town map
-my store also had 3 copies of God of War Collectors edition, but they would not sell them to me early
-last years The Show baseball is clearance 14.98 for PS3
-original FIFA for vita is now 8.98

#175 notung

notung

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

That's interesting. Is the DPCI (DCPI?) the same?

Is that the number listed next to the item on the receipt? If so, it's 207240633.

#176 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:07 PM

The target near me had 0 Tomb Raider games?? I asked them to check the back and they said not they never got any but to check back in a few days. It's a big target too..

#177 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

All their pre-orders (well, at least the ones they have cards for) come with a $5 gift card, but they remove the cards a week before release.

ehh my store still had tons of tomb raider preorder cards. I was considering trying to buy one but it wasn't worth the hassle for $4

#178 Tom Jane

Tom Jane

I want my kids back!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Managed to get one around ten AM. Thanks guys for bringing this to my attention. Already had the BBY preorder, so now I'll have to sell one of the games :lol:
I just want my kids back!!!

Steam Offers | PSN Gameshare offers | DLC/Code Requests | Trade List | Lowball
Looking to sell Steam games promptly: B-Lands GotY ($7), B-Lands 2 ($10), Tropico 4 ($7.50), Ys Origins ($10); Others
Looking to sell PSN Gameshares promptly: 1) God of War 1, 2, Origins; 2) Darksiders

Will listen to reasonable offers.

#179 thelonepig

thelonepig

Greasy Pork Pirates!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

The local Target had about a dozen of each - some on an end cap and some in with the 360/PS3 games. I didn't buy one, but it didn't look like they were moving very quickly.

#180 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Managed to get one around ten AM. Thanks guys for bringing this to my attention. Already had the BBY preorder, so now I'll have to sell one of the games :lol:

I myself got the Target version this morning and will be picking up a BBY copy for the Comic + $20 RZ bonus. Will either sell the BBY copy minus the comic on CL or just trade it back to BBY once the TIV is up. Don't want to look like a douche returning a copy to Target that might cause problems.