Photo
- - - - -

Target Ad 3/3-3/9 - Tomb Raider (with Exclusive Steelbook Case) $59.99

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#181 zyk

zyk

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

I hope these don't go too fast. I won't have a chance to get it until later this morning.

#182 ohsnapsitsle

ohsnapsitsle

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

just went out to get one today! :) if you guys are wondering how it looks like i posted a video up :lol::bouncy: a very very nice steelbook. Go to youtube and search me for the video!

or "tomb raider steelbook target edition" on youtube.

#183 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

The local Target had about a dozen of each - some on an end cap and some in with the 360/PS3 games. I didn't buy one, but it didn't look like they were moving very quickly.

It'll be interesting to see whether this actually does become rare or whether I was late to work for nothing. ;)

#184 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

^You can post that video here. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

#185 zyk

zyk

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

just went out to get one today! :) if you guys are wondering how it looks like i posted a video up :lol::bouncy: a very very nice steelbook. Go to youtube and search me for the video!

I just saw it, didn't know it had a slip cover too :hot:. Thanks for the upload

#186 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

My Target in fact only had steelbooks, so I picked one up for PS3. I guess I can understand people being butthurt this is G1 but the case is awesome regardless. Now to decide if I should keep it sealed or return the Amazon copy, hmm. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#187 ColdAssFashion

ColdAssFashion

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

My target had about 4 copies each, wasn't on display I had to ask for it. In case anyone didn't know or was wondering, there is no regular case within the steelbook. It also comes with Shanty Town, which is the only DLC included.

#188 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:50 PM

My target had four of each when I was there at 11. Only versions I saw were steelbooks. I'd be annoyed if I got the last one, which is probably dented from those security cases.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#189 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

My Target in fact only had steelbooks, so I picked one up for PS3. I guess I can understand people being butthurt this is G1 but the case is awesome regardless. Now to decide if I should keep it sealed or return the Amazon copy, hmm. . .

My target only had steelbooks as well. Luckily I got to the store before they had placed all of the games into cases, so nothing was damaged. The case is definitely awesome, even if it is not PS3 size. Personally, I would just open it and enjoy it rather than keeping it sealed collecting dust.

Also crazy that people are actually trying to sell this for $150 on ebay so soon. The game hasn't even sold out yet.

#190 yenom

yenom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

Just got back from my target and they told me to come back later as they don't get their shipments in until noon. I even had them check the back and they said the same thing.

#191 ThunderChunky62

ThunderChunky62

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

Ugh I want this so bad. I can't get it till I'm off work at 3:30p. Anyone in the McHenry, Illinois area been to the local Target?

#192 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Awesome. I wish you guys hadn't brought the word dented into the discussion. Now I'll think every corner and curve of mine was dented. There were about 7-10 of each version here.

Edited by RenoVatio, 05 March 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#193 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

My target had about 4 copies each, wasn't on display I had to ask for it. In case anyone didn't know or was wondering, there is no regular case within the steelbook. It also comes with Shanty Town, which is the only DLC included.

Yah the Target that I went to didn't have them out either...They were in a case behind a bunch of other games

#194 madmak28

madmak28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

Picked up a 360 copy this morning at the Target in Issaquah, WA. They had about 4-5 left for each system in the front case off the main aisle.

#195 Daniel_the_Jew

Daniel_the_Jew

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:15 PM

My local target (Orange Show Rd, CA) didn't have any at all. The girl told me that they were all sold out and that they didn't have any in the back (mind you, this was at 10-ish). My next nearest Target (Redlands, CA) did have the game in stock. From what I saw, they only had it in the steelbook case, but they probably only had between 6-8 left.

#196 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

thank you for posting the video

#197 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

Could they put the cardboard cover on any tighter? Mine ended up tearing off at the top.

Oh and the first Target I checked said they were holding the steel books for pre orders.

#198 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Could they put the cardboard cover on any tighter? Mine ended up tearing off at the top.

Oh and the first Target I checked said they were holding the steel books for pre orders.

How easy/hard is the disc to remove? I hope it isn't like the Mass Effect 3 CE's kung fu death grip.

#199 Slushi3

Slushi3

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Definitely call ahead, because I just called three targets in my area and only one had a few copies left. The others either never got any or were already sold out. Glad I got them to hold one for me!

#200 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Stopped by Target when picking up my BBY preorder and the steelbook looks real nice but don't know if it's worth double-dipping.

#201 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Stopped by Target when picking up my BBY preorder and the steelbook looks real nice but don't know if it's worth double-dipping.

I did the same thing lol. It looked pretty cool but I decided to just stick with my BB copy. Also, the fact that the steelbook is G1 size helped make my decision easier.

#202 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

got my copy at 9am with about 3 left for PS3 and 5 left for 360 at Lynnwood WA, I'm a sucker for steelbooks so I'm actually going to pick this over the BB copy (that and I'm not GCU member)...the slip cover is a nice surprise but mine is crunched at the corners :(
Posted Image

#203 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

How easy/hard is the disc to remove? I hope it isn't like the Mass Effect 3 CE's kung fu death grip.

So so. In there pretty tough.

#204 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

The only reason the EA/Disney cases are so bad is they're not Steelbooks, but cheap Chinese knockoffs.

#205 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

I did the same thing lol. It looked pretty cool but I decided to just stick with my BB copy. Also, the fact that the steelbook is G1 size helped make my decision easier.

Lol @ people passing on a nice collectible because its a different size than their other game cases. It reminds me of the people that refuse to buy a GH/PH game because of the color of the box.

Do you guys have people coming into your living rooms or game rooms and shaking their heads at your mismatched collections?

"Wow that is a lot of games. It'd be great except for the fact that this case is a tad bigger and that one is grey."

#206 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

a friend checked a Target and said they had over a dozen maybe 12-15 copies for PS3 and about 6 for 360. Got him to pick up a 360 copy for me. He texted me around 1pm. I doubt many were sold as there's a GS in the same area.

so what are observed ratios people have been seeing?

Lol @ people passing on a nice collectible because its a different size than their other game cases. It reminds me of the people that refuse to buy a GH/PH game because of the color of the box.

The GH/PH etc aversion makes sense to me at least. Not sure why the dimensions of the steelbook is a reason to not get it.

#207 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Came in before work and told my coworker to hold a copy for me thinking we'd probably get in just like 3-4 copies like everyone else has been reporting. When I finally got there during my break (about 10:20) they had about 10-12 copies of each version. Kid in front of me was buying it too but he wanted the electronics guy to get him the normal version instead of the steelbook. Guess he aint a fan or something. :lol:

#208 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

Came in before work and told my coworker to hold a copy for me thinking we'd probably get in just like 3-4 copies like everyone else has been reporting. When I finally got there during my break (about 10:20) they had about 10-12 copies of each version. Kid in front of me was buying it too but he wanted the electronics guy to get him the normal version instead of the steelbook. Guess he aint a fan or something. :lol:

isn't the steelbook version the same price as the normal/ non-steelbook version? LOL

#209 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

The only reason the EA/Disney cases are so bad is they're not Steelbooks, but cheap Chinese knockoffs.

Good to know. I like the discs to be secure, but I actually scratched my ME3 discs trying to get them out the first time. I had to trim the clips to avoid it happening again.

#210 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

Do you guys have people coming into your living rooms or game rooms and shaking their heads at your mismatched collections?

"Wow that is a lot of games. It'd be great except for the fact that this case is a tad bigger and that one is grey."

I totally get the reasoning for the GH/PH. Those not only look like crap, but if you collect, they are similar to a red-headed step child lol. They have no place in any 'collection'. Who passes up a steelbook, though? lol

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0