Target Ad 3/3-3/9 - Tomb Raider (with Exclusive Steelbook Case) $59.99

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#211 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Lol @ people passing on a nice collectible because its a different size than their other game cases. It reminds me of the people that refuse to buy a GH/PH game because of the color of the box.

Do you guys have people coming into your living rooms or game rooms and shaking their heads at your mismatched collections?

"Wow that is a lot of games. It'd be great except for the fact that this case is a tad bigger and that one is grey."

I didn't pass on it solely for that reason, I just said it helped make my decision easier. I also decided to stick with my BB copy because of the $20 RWZ promo they have, plus I used a bunch of gift cards I had to pay for it in full. If it wasn't for that I probably would have picked up the Target one.

#212 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

ehh my store still had tons of tomb raider preorder cards. I was considering trying to buy one but it wasn't worth the hassle for $4

Awkward moment when I went in this morning to pick up my 360 steelbook and saw the pre-order cards still on the floor.

I asked them if it was too late to buy the ps3 pre-order. :lol:

I probably would have tried it if I wasn't already late.

#213 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

I went at 10ish, and they had no less than 15 copies on PS3. Didn't check 360.

#214 ethwang

ethwang

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Went to the Target in West Hollywood--they had about 6 remaining of PS3 / 360 when I got my 360 version. It looks like 10-15 copies of each version at stores depending on its region / locale. My guess is that these won't last through the week.

#215 Gators300

Gators300

The Right Thing... What Is It?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Rep this morning at Target told me they got in 5 360 and 4 PS3 copies. My buddy said he got the last PS3 copy at his local Target.
"You know, my heart is beating incredibly fast, I must be experiencing absolute terror!"

#216 kk012

kk012

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

I picked up the PS3 version of Tomb Raider at 9 am today. There were only 5 PS3 copies and 5 Xbox360 copies out on the sales floor.

#217 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Rep this morning at Target told me they got in 5 360 and 4 PS3 copies. My buddy said he got the last PS3 copy at his local Target.

Just left my target. Two for each system before I picked up my copy.

See how easy it is to get us to buy games day one. Just make every game a steel book

#218 Blank Earth

Blank Earth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:57 PM

Just left my target. Two for each system before I picked up my copy.

See how easy it is to get us to buy games day one. Just make every game a steel book

No kidding. I was totally planning to be patient and wait for a price drop until I saw the steelbook. IMO, it's nicer than the CE.

#219 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Got my :ps3: copy at 9 AM. Two left after my purchase. Glad I preordered because the CSR asked if I had a card before letting me grab one.

#220 oddeye

oddeye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Got my steel book as well. My target had 3 left of the PS3 and probably 6-7 of the 360 version. All they had were steel books for the game and no regular editions on display at least.

#221 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Got my steel book as well. My target had 3 left of the PS3 and probably 6-7 of the 360 version. All they had were steel books for the game and no regular editions on display at least.

did you need the preorder card like a previous poster said? in order to purchase the game?

#222 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

No kidding. I was totally planning to be patient and wait for a price drop until I saw the steelbook. IMO, it's nicer than the CE.

Same. Was going to get it on PC. Same reason I bought Ni no Kuni already as well.

#223 oddeye

oddeye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

did you need the preorder card like a previous poster said? in order to purchase the game?

Nope, I just walked in and asked for Tomb Raider on PS3. The girl showed me where it was and opened the case, all I saw were steel books for both systems.

#224 zyk

zyk

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Picked up the 2nd to last copy for the 360 today. Last one was in the display case. I didn't see any regular editions as well.

Just opened it. I can see why people love steel cases so much

#225 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Just got the last Xbox copy at my target. Glad I didn't miss out.

#226 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:37 PM

Snagged the last PS3 steelbook from my Target. It was one of the display copies. They only had one Xbox 360 copy left. They must have gotten a decent amount of them in, because they had four cases for it (two for each version of the game).

Something funky I noticed, was that their 3DS section was smaller and had fewer recent releases than their Vita section (was considering picking Castlevania up as well, but of course, they didn't have it- probably just going to wait for a deal on it). It's literally mashed together with the DS section, and there's only like 7 different 3DS games and 20+ DS games. Another thing that surprised me, was their PS3 section was bigger than their Xbox 360 section.

#227 htz

htz

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Snagged the last PS3 steelbook from my Target. It was one of the display copies. They only had one Xbox 360 copy left. They must have gotten a decent amount of them in, because they had four cases for it (two for each version of the game).

Something funky I noticed, was that their 3DS section was smaller and had fewer recent releases than their Vita section (was considering picking Castlevania up as well, but of course, they didn't have it- probably just going to wait for a deal on it). It's literally mashed together with the DS section, and there's only like 7 different 3DS games and 20+ DS games. Another thing that surprised me, was their PS3 section was bigger than their Xbox 360 section.

It's kind of odd both Best Buy and Target decided to not carry the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle or Wii U Zombie U bundle recently. Nintendo might be doing something to piss off their retail partners like Amazon.

#228 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:40 AM

I got a PS3 steelbook + $5 GC.

I'm gonna hold out for Fry's PM on this Thursday.

#229 Nothing371

Nothing371

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

It's kind of odd both Best Buy and Target decided to not carry the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle or Wii U Zombie U bundle recently. Nintendo might be doing something to piss off their retail partners like Amazon.

My target just got standard Fire Emblem game in stock this week.

I picked up Simcity and Tomb Raider ps3 steelcase there today.

#230 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

I got a PS3 steelbook + $5 GC.

I'm gonna hold out for Fry's PM on this Thursday.

What's the price going to be at Fry's on Thursday? And does Target price match Frys.com? I know Best Buy will, but I'm not sure about Target. There isn't a Fry's in my area, so it would have to be price matched from the website.

#231 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Seems possible. They did recently blame the scarcity of Fire Emblem on shipping errors and retailers, while promoting its availability on the eShop as a digital doenload- so there's that.

#232 kingtrojan

kingtrojan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Does anyone know if the Target Tomb Raider steelbook has the same sku as the standard non steelbook version?

#233 dobedobedo

dobedobedo

Australopithecus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

My Target had nothing but steelbooks too. There were tons of copies for both systems. Picked up a 360 version.
Posted Image

#234 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

What's the price going to be at Fry's on Thursday? And does Target price match Frys.com? I know Best Buy will, but I'm not sure about Target. There isn't a Fry's in my area, so it would have to be price matched from the website.

https://corporate.ta...w-price-promise
Hopefully they do, but unless this is outdated information, it unfortunately doesn't show Frys as a qualifying pricematch source.

#235 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

which store did you go to? I'm in the Seattle area too
Posted Image

#236 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

I totally get the reasoning for the GH/PH. Those not only look like crap, but if you collect, they are similar to a red-headed step child lol. They have no place in any 'collection'. Who passes up a steelbook, though? lol

I guess I can relate a bit if I really think about it. I despise the DVD cases with my Blu's. Disney is notorious for doing the Blu in a DVD case thing. I won't buy those.

#237 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

Does anyone know if the Target Tomb Raider steelbook has the same sku as the standard non steelbook version?

The SKUs are different, but the DCPIs are the same.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#238 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:23 AM

did anyone else get their ID scanned at checkout? never had that experience before when buying a video game, wondering what the big deal is...
Posted Image

#239 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

did anyone else get their ID scanned at checkout? never had that experience before when buying a video game, wondering what the big deal is...

Target started doing that I want to say two years ago in this area.

#240 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

I rarely buy games from Target but usually other stores just want to see it to confirm date of birth, not scan it...this is probably return fraud prevention?
Posted Image