Target Ad 3/3-3/9 - Tomb Raider (with Exclusive Steelbook Case) $59.99

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

#241 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

I got it scanned as well, they ran it through, most likely for the date of birth

#242 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

Target checks id for the weirdest stuff. Not only alcohol and games but stuff like cough medicine, cans of compressed air, lighters, fireworks, etc. I think they do it cause they dont trust the employees and that they put this scan id policy in place. Trust me, I hate doing it cause I have to card people who are in their 70's and 80's just for buying cough medicine.

#243 zyk

zyk

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

Target checks id for the weirdest stuff. Not only alcohol and games but stuff like cough medicine, cans of compressed air, lighters, fireworks, etc. I think they do it cause they dont trust the employees and that they put this scan id policy in place. Trust me, I hate doing it cause I have to card people who are in their 70's and 80's just for buying cough medicine.

The sale can't go through until an ID is scanned huh. That's the reason I thought of when they scanned mine the first time.

#244 sonicsam

sonicsam

ElectroLife

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:51 AM

Target checks id for the weirdest stuff. Not only alcohol and games but stuff like cough medicine, cans of compressed air, lighters, fireworks, etc.

All of these are really really obvious as to why they need an I.D. LOL ;)

#245 jwcdis

jwcdis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:22 AM

San Jose Target @ Morril and Landess Ave sold out of 360 version at around 5pm. I might have gotten the last PS3 copy, not sure.

#246 R3DNate

R3DNate

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:23 AM

Here's what the Steelbook is:

It also, comes with DLC in the game case.

#247 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Wait, damn, so we had to preorder this to get it? It looks so sexy.

#248 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

OK sorry been out all day and went to see Lindsey Stirling tonight so here was my experience in Fenton, MO (suburb of St. Louis.)

Got to Target just after 10 a.m. and went to Electronics with my preorder card & receipt. Asked to pick up my preorder copy and worker opens up the new release plastic prison display to get a Steelbook from it. Ask why they weren't held aside as I had heard they were very limited and was told they had plenty more in the back and he just didn't want me to have to wait for him to find the others, so take that how you will. Checkout was painless and I was immediately able to do a 2nd transaction with the $5 gift card and Disney Rewards/Scott Towels $7 off coupon to get Wreck It Ralph Blu-Ray for $8 plus tax.

Doing a quick check of the floor there seemed to be about 6 copies of both systems in the new release plastic prison display (one of each system of course in the Jaws of Bending) then looked around the regular sections of the plastic prison and saw one more of each copy in Jaws of Bending on their respective sides. So as of 10:30 a.m. they had 5 of each system on the floor in mint condition and 2 of each system that may be damaged.

The hotter seller of the day there was Wreck It Ralph as Target has the best price on it at B&M. As I walked back to Electronics I picked up the only remaining Blu-Ray copy on the front register shelves and when I went back to the Movies section in Electronics, there were only 3 more Blu-Ray and 1 3D Blu-Ray left on the floor. Didn't ask if they had more in the back or not.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#249 Tygamr

Tygamr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:58 AM

which store did you go to? I'm in the Seattle area too

did anyone else get their ID scanned at checkout? never had that experience before when buying a video game, wondering what the big deal is...

I went to the Northgate store. They scanned my ID too, and it was really bizarre... The guy at the register was all weird about it. I've never had anything like it happen to me before either- but I rarely shop for anything at Target.

#250 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

did anyone else get their ID scanned at checkout? never had that experience before when buying a video game, wondering what the big deal is...

They always try to do it with M-rated games, and have in my area for a few years. Really annoying as they don't ever say what they do with the information they're scanning or what they're collecting it for. If you go to customer service they can just override it from looking at your ID.

(I hate having my DL scanned for anything, ever since I had major ID theft that included someone with some form of a copy of my driver's license with all info correct... have no idea where they got the info from but I hate the honeypots that retailers are collecting full of info they have no legitimate need for)

#251 zyk

zyk

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:38 AM

Wait, damn, so we had to preorder this to get it? It looks so sexy.

Nope. It was first come first serve.

#252 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

The hotter seller of the day there was Wreck It Ralph as Target has the best price on it at B&M.

Oddly enough, Rainbow has it for $26.

#253 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Lol @ people passing on a nice collectible because its a different size than their other game cases. It reminds me of the people that refuse to buy a GH/PH game because of the color of the box.

Do you guys have people coming into your living rooms or game rooms and shaking their heads at your mismatched collections?

"Wow that is a lot of games. It'd be great except for the fact that this case is a tad bigger and that one is grey."

Try fitting a full sized dvd case in a shelf made for (or customized) bluray sized cases. Yes I'd still buy one and put it on top of myself. But the gh/ph Fuck that. I will come to your house and criticize your collection. It would look so much better look like it should if it wasn't gh/ph. Also the resale value and the collect-ability is affected heavily by being original print or gh/ph.

#254 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

has anyone looked closely at their steelbooks? I noticed some light scratches on my but i'm not sure if i should exchange it if this is just a store handling thing. It suck to walk in there do an exchange over some hairline scratches on the case only to get another that could be the same or worse.

#255 zyk

zyk

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

has anyone looked closely at their steelbooks? I noticed some light scratches on my but i'm not sure if i should exchange it if this is just a store handling thing. It suck to walk in there do an exchange over some hairline scratches on the case only to get another that could be the same or worse.

I took a closer look at mine, no scratches on it from what I saw. Wouldn't it be hard to exchange it since there are limited quantities?

#256 RenoVatio

RenoVatio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

I took a closer look at mine, no scratches on it from what I saw. Wouldn't it be hard to exchange it since there are limited quantities?

The target i go to is tucked away behind a mall and the had plenty of copies. I doubt they would run out in a day. All indications from the people here point to them having gotten way more than they let on in the first place.

#257 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I had my ID scanned when I bought Metal Gear Rising when it came out but not for Tomb Raider.

The cashier said they just started doing it. Even showed me the screen asking for it to be scanned when I was surprised she wanted me to take it out of my wallet.

Not a big deal to me.

#258 BadBoy787512

BadBoy787512

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

How easy/hard is the disc to remove? I hope it isn't like the Mass Effect 3 CE's kung fu death grip.

This being my first steelbook, I have question along these lines as well. Is there a trick to popping the disc out? Normally I just grab opposite edges of the disc, push in the thing in the middle, and out she pops...but trying that "technique" with the steelbook, I felt like the goddamn disc was going to fold on me like a taco--the damn crown thing holding it in the middle didn't wanna give. :cry:

BadBoy787512.png

#259 zerobscure

zerobscure

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

This being my first steelbook, I have question along these lines as well. Is there a trick to popping the disc out? Normally I just grab opposite edges of the disc, push in the thing in the middle, and out she pops...but trying that "technique" with the steelbook, I felt like the goddamn disc was going to fold on me like a taco--the damn crown thing holding it in the middle didn't wanna give. :cry:

Hahaha. The exact same thing happened to me while taking out Hitman HD collections. It would not budge at all, to the point where it felt like I was folding the disc in. That disc holder is empty now since I placed the disc on another case. I'm on the same boat, dunno how to take it out without feeling like you're breaking what you paid for.

#260 GaveUpTomorrow

GaveUpTomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

OK sorry been out all day and went to see Lindsey Stirling tonight so here was my experience in Fenton, MO (suburb of St. Louis.)

Got to Target just after 10 a.m. and went to Electronics with my preorder card & receipt. Asked to pick up my preorder copy and worker opens up the new release plastic prison display to get a Steelbook from it. Ask why they weren't held aside as I had heard they were very limited and was told they had plenty more in the back and he just didn't want me to have to wait for him to find the others, so take that how you will. Checkout was painless and I was immediately able to do a 2nd transaction with the $5 gift card and Disney Rewards/Scott Towels $7 off coupon to get Wreck It Ralph Blu-Ray for $8 plus tax.

Doing a quick check of the floor there seemed to be about 6 copies of both systems in the new release plastic prison display (one of each system of course in the Jaws of Bending) then looked around the regular sections of the plastic prison and saw one more of each copy in Jaws of Bending on their respective sides. So as of 10:30 a.m. they had 5 of each system on the floor in mint condition and 2 of each system that may be damaged.

The hotter seller of the day there was Wreck It Ralph as Target has the best price on it at B&M. As I walked back to Electronics I picked up the only remaining Blu-Ray copy on the front register shelves and when I went back to the Movies section in Electronics, there were only 3 more Blu-Ray and 1 3D Blu-Ray left on the floor. Didn't ask if they had more in the back or not.

I went back to Target at about 7PM to pick up Wreck it Ralph last night and they only had one Blu-Ray copy in the front of the store. I figured I was lucky to get it until I walked to the back of the store and there were probably another 50-70 blu-ray copies in the electronics section, and just as many DVD copies as well. Looks like Target anticipated to sell loads of this movie.

#261 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

I went back to Target at about 7PM to pick up Wreck it Ralph last night and they only had one Blu-Ray copy in the front of the store. I figured I was lucky to get it until I walked to the back of the store and there were probably another 50-70 blu-ray copies in the electronics section, and just as many DVD copies as well. Looks like Target anticipated to sell loads of this movie.

Yeah but that's why I looked in both places and saw they were that low on the floor.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#262 iMJets

iMJets

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Picked this up at Futureshop in Niagara Falls, Ontario. If anyone around this area wants one, they have a few left.
Posted Image

#263 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Try fitting a full sized dvd case in a shelf made for (or customized) bluray sized cases. Yes I'd still buy one and put it on top of myself. But the gh/ph Fuck that. I will come to your house and criticize your collection. It would look so much better look like it should if it wasn't gh/ph. Also the resale value and the collect-ability is affected heavily by being original print or gh/ph.

Oh, to only have such first-world problems.

#264 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

went to the Target a friend checked out yesterday. It seems there's only 2 copies for system left. No sign of regular copies.

#265 Bount

Bount

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

The Target on Beverly and Pico had about 8 copies for PS3 when I went last night, all in shrinkwrap with the steelbooks with the other games on display in plastic prisons. Tempted to pick one up.

#266 salty tbone

salty tbone

Flipmode Squad

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

Oh, to only have such first-world problems.

Hahaha. I understand the desire for uniformity and people can collect however they choose. We all have our own standards. But anyone who says the platinum hits cases are uglier than the Mountain Dew green 360 cases has far different tastes than me.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#267 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

seattle city target in downtown have 1 PS3 left.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#268 41down

41down

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

mine doesnt really seem to close very firmly. like, it doesnt even barely "click" in when you close it. i barely have to pull it open it. anyone else's like this, wondering if its normal?

#269 BadBoy787512

BadBoy787512

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:40 AM

mine doesnt really seem to close very firmly. like, it doesnt even barely "click" in when you close it. i barely have to pull it open it. anyone else's like this, wondering if its normal?

Hmm, interesting, because mine also barely clicks to close. But when it's time to open, some effort is definitely required to pry 'er open.

BadBoy787512.png

#270 Tempius

Tempius

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

For what it's worth I work at a Target DC and I had to pick 5 cases of Tomb Raider today ( 3 360, 2 PS3). Each box has 30 games and they were all the steelbook version.