Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#511 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Disappointed AC1 and AC2 are $9.99 each. They really should be $4.99 each at this point.

this is the selfish side of me coming out here, but I picked up AC2 GoD version for 800 points just this past December during the holiday sale and am kind of glad it wasn't cheaper now. :p

it's worth $10.

#512 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

I have it already on GoD, along with all the dlc (need to download everything again though). I'm down to play anytime. Fucking love that game!

Yeah I sold my disc copy to Gamestop when it was fetching decent bucks but if I can get it cheap during this sale I'll be doing that.

#513 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

I loved Reach. Halo 3's story was all over the place, in my opinion. But Reach - seeing a good planet fall in (near) real-time, fighting the good fight against tall odds....its the best Halo since Combat Evolved, but for entirely different emotional reasons.

(I still haven't played Halo 4.
)

Thanks..bought Reach. Does anyone know about any good deals on Microsoft Points ?

#514 Donken

Donken

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Disappointed AC1 and AC2 are $9.99 each. They really should be $4.99 each at this point.

For real! I was gonna pick them up at 4.99 but 9.99 is too much for such old games like that.

#515 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

$10 is way too much for AC1&2.
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#516 downsouthtigger

downsouthtigger

War Eagle!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

Is Halo Wars worth it for $10?

This is cheapassgamer right? This is what Halo Wars was worth to me, plat hits and it comes with that DLC as well. Having said that I only played an hour of it & it was ok. Im not an RTS guy though, but how could I resist that price?

Posted Image

downsouthtigger.jpg         ach.png

#517 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

What store has it at that price?

#518 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

What store has it at that price?

I believe that's a Target Clearance sticker. YMMV.

#519 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

You're correct, those were put out on clearance 6 months ago. Finding one now would be near impossible.

#520 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

This is cheapassgamer right? This is what Halo Wars was worth to me, plat hits and it comes with that DLC as well. Having said that I only played an hour of it & it was ok. Im not an RTS guy though, but how could I resist that price?

Posted Image

Yup I got my copy as well from Target for that exact same price I believe I bought it last year around August or September. I really doubt anyone is gonna still find it for this price so I say if your interested get it on GoD for $10. The DLC in the Platinum Hits is for Multiplayer, there are still a few thousand people playing online when I played about 2 weeks ago. But you really dont need that DLC unless you plan on getting every achievement.

#521 wongjp

wongjp

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

I sold Grid a long time ago, but at 400 MSP I decided to get the on-demand version. Grid 2 comes out in May :)

My coworker praises Halo Wars, but I don't feel compelled enough to pick it up :/

#522 plus1zero

plus1zero

Needs more CLANGA!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

WHOA el shaddai is 2.99??!?!?!!

I gotta get that.

#523 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

Does either game have a tutorial for proper racing? Forza doesn't so I spend a lot of time crashing into things.

Honestly i don't think either do BUT GRID is much easier to get into. Dirt 2 requires a lot of precision turns and speed control. It's a rally racing game so it's not so much about fastest as Fuck but getting around a track using the perfect driving route and style. GRID is more like for a but without customization and worrying about constantly buying cars. They let you pick a limited amount of cars per race and throw you in.

#524 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Anybody have any thoughts on Tomb raider legends? Last one I played was tomb raider 2 and I loved it. Haha

#525 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

I sold Grid a long time ago, but at 400 MSP I decided to get the on-demand version. Grid 2 comes out in May :)

My coworker praises Halo Wars, but I don't feel compelled enough to pick it up :/

then don't, especially if rts games aren't your thing

#526 zyk

zyk

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

I'll probably get The Darkness and GRID towards the end of the sale just in case something good comes by on the daily deals. I got 800 points sitting on my account =P

#527 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

yeah, it's totally YMMV. at the time some people were getting Halo Wars at that price, all the Targets I visited (4 of them) had it for around $15 and up.

#528 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Is it confirmed that the ones on sale for the duration of the entire sale are as low as they go?

This is no Steam sale or anything correct? Haha

#529 cnote 40

cnote 40

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

in for the cheapies aka the ones 400MSP and under!

#530 degenerazn

degenerazn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

Does anyone have any experience with Grid using the MS racing wheel (official MS wheel w/ the pedals)

#531 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Just bought Virtua Fighter 5 as I got El Shaddai... then checked the note in the OP.

DOH!

#532 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Anybody have any thoughts on Tomb raider legends? Last one I played was tomb raider 2 and I loved it. Haha

If you have a PS3 and played uncharted then I don't think you can go back to them...atleast I couldn't....if you really want to play it for nostalgia then get it..if not just wait for the new one to drop.. I wouldn't get it personally.

#533 metrocardx

metrocardx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

In for el shaddai!

#534 bornbuckeye

bornbuckeye

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Wow, a fellow Lynchburger! Well, I could probably say the same for you since I feel like I never get in on some things, but compared to some markets I don't think we do much harm to each other. I never buy more than one of anything though if that makes you feel better! ;)

Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I had to look at your location 3 or 4 times. Thought my old eyes were reading it wrong! I'm with you on the buying more than one issue. Never had the time or the energy to figure out how to make my millions flipping games! Guess I'll keep waiting for the lottery!:)

#535 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

I would pick it up if you like the Halo series. I know its an RTS, but its simplified enough that it feels fresh to play it on the Xbox and it controls well. The campaign alone is very fun, you get to use a variety of units in the Halo universe, and the story is a prequel to Halo 1.

I enjoyed this game tremendously, it was only years later that I realized how much I enjoyed it (one of my favorite games this gen for sure, I own it twice on disc, standard and Platinum Hits version). Now I pretty much bought a PC just to play RTS games like Starcraft 2, but Halo Wars started that.

On the sales note, I picked up El Shaddai (rented it once, wasn't impressed, but at $3, its a no brainer), Dark Messiah and The Darkness. I pretty much own 99% of all the games that are on sale, but will pick some up if they are dirt cheap, are old (cause finding physical copies is harder), or want a backup copy on Xbox. I buy them with the idea that they won't transfer over to the next gen Xbox, that way, I'm preparing myself mentally and not raising my hopes.

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#536 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

I don't get the praise for Microsoft. They should have been doing this type of sale to begin with. It's like a kid wanting an extra cookie for doing the chores he was supposed to have been doing all along.

#537 Mjkjets

Mjkjets

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

Legend is good but very short(8 levels?). Probably about half the length of Tomb Raider 2. The DLC for Legend(Anniversary) is excellent however.

#538 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I don't get the praise for Microsoft. They should have been doing this type of sale to begin with. It's like a kid wanting an extra cookie for doing the chores he was supposed to have been doing all along.

Now we just need to wait for Tokyo Jungle and Journey on PS3 to be $3.

#539 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Now we just need to wait for Tokyo Jungle and Journey on PS3 to be $3.

PSN sales are routinely better than Microsoft sales (especially for Plus members). However, both companies can do a lot better.

#540 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

PSN sales are routinely better than Microsoft sales (especially for Plus members). However, both companies can do a lot better.

I disagree but this is not a thread to debate the two consoles