Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#31 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

That would be very shady and unethical if they knew that these games weren't going to be compatible with next console. Perhaps you're right, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. lol

If anything, it would delay my next Xbox purchase as I would have already purchased all these games that I need to play. It's not like I/we can't buy Xbox 720 games when they're clearanced or on sale for $10-$20 and hold onto them until we play through the previous gen back log THEN buy the nextbox and it will have price dropped by then...

#32 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Code Veronica is the best RE. Yea, you heard me.

On the dreamcast?

#33 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

That would be very shady and unethical if they knew that these games weren't going to be compatible with next console. Perhaps you're right, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. lol

How is it shady and unethical for them to sell you something for your Xbox 360 that you can play--right now--on your Xbox 360, and at a discount no less?

#34 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Drip Drip Drop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Don't get your hopes up, thinking Black OPS 2, Borderlands 2, and other games with $40+ msrp will go below $25. The only games you'll see at 800 MSP or $10 are games like Dead Island, both Fallouts, or games with a msrp of $20, or basically older titles.

#35 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

How is it shady and unethical for them to sell you something for your Xbox 360 that you can play--right now--on your Xbox 360, and at a discount no less?

What you describe isn't unethical. If you comprehended his meaning (yay reading comprehension!), he's saying that they are intentionally getting people to spend loads of money on games that they will never play since they'll have the new Xbox before they play through dozens of games sold at 85% off.

The implication being, you may buy it again on the new Xbox.

#36 dominator

dominator

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

What you describe isn't unethical. If you comprehended his meaning (yay reading comprehension!), he's saying that they are intentionally getting people to spend loads of money on games that they will never play since they'll have the new Xbox before they play through dozens of games sold at 85% off.

lol That's exactly what I meant. I'm not bashing anyone or anything, but with this (huge) sale coming up before a possible reveal of the next Xbox, it would be unethical of them to try to squeeze money out of you and then tell you soon afterwards that you can't play all those games with the next Xbox. Of course, this is just an opinion. Regardless of what happens, backwards compatible or not, I'll probably spend my fair share of MSP on this sale.

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#37 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:05 AM

Maybe I'll be wrong, but I fully expect Microsoft to remain silent on the BC issue when they first unveil the new Xbox. Once I heard that none of my PS3 content will be playable natively on a PS4, I almost instantly decided to stop buying new games on PS3. If Xbox also ends up not supporting BC, then I could see myself having a hard time spending another penny on the XBL marketplace.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#38 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

Oh, I totally comprehended his meaning--no need to get snarky with me about reading comprehension. But what you pointed out is incredibly specious reasoning. How is Microsoft in any way at fault for holding this sale? It's not like you can't still play those games on your Xbox 360, and that's the only agreement that they're held to when they sell you these games. I mean, seriously, are we actually complaining about having too many games to play?

#39 VVaffle

VVaffle

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

While I don't think many of these prices will blow us out of the water, what I am looking forward to are the price mistakes: Games getting discounted that weren't supposed to be, games getting stupidly cheap because someone screwed up, games being free (or nearly free) on other regions' markets, etc.

#40 Daniel09

Daniel09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Any chance of RE4 being 400msp.

#41 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:44 AM

I'll take 75% off, backwards compatibility or not. It's not like it's a hardship to keep the damn thing plugged in a year from now.

Having said that, I'll only be even considering purchasing things in this sale if it's really 75% off. The thing about digital distribution is that you can make money on big discounts like this. Steam has proven it time and time again.

What's also great is that 90% of my current point load was 50% off.

#42 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

I own/played most of those already, so my purchase (if any) will be small. I can't stress this enough, if the Next Xbox is not BC, I simply won't be buying one for a while. I have a HUGE backlog of games to play.

:)

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#43 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Looks like the nextbox won't be BC either. Maybe this is just me being pessimistic about this type of sale...

lol don't doubt yourself
you are definitely right
you remember the xbox is made by microsoft right?

#44 Super Sonic

Super Sonic

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:12 AM

Is this 85% off the going rate of these games? Or is it 85% off after the games are "magically" reset back up to their original launch price point?

#45 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Is this 85% off the going rate of these games? Or is it 85% off after the games are "magically" reset back up to their original launch price point?

Since when did games ever reset back to their original launch price point? It's up to 85% off whatever the GoD MSRP is right now.

#46 commandercody83

commandercody83

SAMURAI!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

I'm interested in re-buying The Orange Box. This might be the way.

#47 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Oh man, if I see see Peace Walker for 400MS I gotta get it for my X360, despite having it on my PSP Go and PS3, lol.

#48 Calinks

Calinks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

These deals would have to be damn good for me to buy. Curious about Ass Cred Brotherhood but it needs to be around 10 bucks.
Follow me, @Calinks3 Twitter to talk Games, MMA, TV

#49 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I own/played most of those already, so my purchase (if any) will be small. I can't stress this enough, if the Next Xbox is not BC, I simply won't be buying one for a while. I have a HUGE backlog of games to play.

:)

Does your TV only have one input? I don't get this mentality. If you have a shiny new console that can play (in theory) more impressive games, why does it have to play the old ones? I upgraded my BC PS3 to get a newer one with a larger hard drive because not once in four years did I ever put a PS2 game in it. I know that's just me, but why not just keep the old system plugged in? I wouldn't want to waste the wear and tear on a new comsole playing older titles anyway.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#50 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Man some of you have some funky views on ethics. If they purposely sell old games at a cheap price knowing that the 720 isn't backwards compatible, theres nothing unethical about it at all. Wanting people to spend money on games now that aren't going to work on the 720 sounds like smart business, not some nefarious plot to force people to spend money.

It's crazy to assume that everyone is going to ditch the 360 right away, or even that everyone is going to buy the 720 right away.

#51 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

Does your TV only have one input? I don't get this mentality. If you have a shiny new console that can play (in theory) more impressive games, why does it have to play the old ones? I upgraded my BC PS3 to get a newer one with a larger hard drive because not once in four years did I ever put a PS2 game in it. I know that's just me, but why not just keep the old system plugged in? I wouldn't want to waste the wear and tear on a new comsole playing older titles anyway.

I don't think it's an input problem, rather than a space problem. If I were to get the PS4 and the new Xbox I would have 6 consoles (well 7 counting the dream cast) and not everyone has that kind of space. Having 4 right now is already cramped.

#52 Boss

Boss

Bowser the Great

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Any sale on points?

#53 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:25 AM

I don't think it's an input problem, rather than a space problem. If I were to get the PS4 and the new Xbox I would have 6 consoles (well 7 counting the dream cast) and not everyone has that kind of space. Having 4 right now is already cramped.

Now bear with me, because this is a crazy idea... but why not put one or two of the ones you aren't using right this minute in the closet?

I echo the sentiment of the guy who never used his BC PS3 to play a PS2 game. If I'm spending $500-600 on a new console, it's going to be to play the next must-have, mind-blowing next-gen game... not to play games that will probably work better on my $200 console.

#54 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:32 AM

In case anyone wants reference to last year's GoD sale:
http://majornelson.c...on-demand-sale/

GRAW is the only safe assumption at $5.

#55 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

In case anyone wants reference to last year's GoD sale:
http://majornelson.c...on-demand-sale/

GRAW is the only safe assumption at $5.

Those were some really bad games.

#56 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:51 AM

im probably in for code veronica depending on how much it is

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing
:360:
WWE 2k14

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Dr. Luigi
:3ds: Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

#57 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

In for a few of these at the right price of course.

#58 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

title needs to be changed. I expected xbla games and was disappointing.

#59 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

Will get Code Veronica and maybe Dishonored if the price is right.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#60 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:03 AM

This is probably a stupid question but I didn't think I would actually ever run out of space on my harddrive and I'm getting close to it now. This will probably come up with the talks of the new system.

I know we can delete and redownload anything we previously bought but has anyone thought about what would happen when the new system comes out? If I delete games to buy new ones, will I lose access to redownloading other games I deleted? This is the reason I've always wanted a physical copy. So is it worth it to buy the digital copies of physical games?

I didn't get online with the original Xbox so I don't know if there were digital games you could buy and what happened to them when the 360 came out?