Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#781 Gscept

Gscept

Gamer Afficionado!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

I look forward to actually playing it. I loved the first DiRT. It was one of the only racing games I have actually finished in it's entirety. The tone in DiRT 2 (at least the demo) seemed very different, not bad, just very different from the 'solemn' tone of the first DiRT. It was very respectful of the sport, while also being a lot of fun.

I agree with everything you've said, couldn't have worded better myself.. Dirt is the Gran Turismo/Forza of Rally racing

To all my Sig. Haters!!!
Xbox.360GSCEPTER.png

***Plus 1100+ on PS3 BF3

300+PC

#782 thelwig14

thelwig14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Really curious to see the COD prices.

#783 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Same. The only other game I'm waiting for is Sid Meier's Civilization. Hoping that game gets super cheap like El Shaddai.

This a million times. Holding out on a couple of the non-daily ones just to see what Xbox Live Rewards offers for next month, but really tempted by Code Veronica. I never really played the Res Evil games back in the day so an older one may be a nice look at what all the fuss was about...

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#784 Linkgx1

Linkgx1

No White Knights!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

No more. NO MORE. I can't handle these sales. I hope the next few ones are high prices. If Tekken, Max Payne, The Orange Box and MGS are under $10....there goes my bank account.:D
Posted Image

#785 shinn

shinn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

No more. NO MORE. I can't handle these sales. I hope the next few ones are high prices. If Tekken, Max Payne, The Orange Box and MGS are under $10....there goes my bank account.:D

yeah, me too ! i really hope that they DONT decrease the price much for future sales. I HATE getting good deals on games.

#786 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

I can't decide between GRID and DiRT 2. Any suggestions?

#787 Orgymang

Orgymang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

I vote Dirt 2.
Want to buy PC games at a discount? Sign up on GMG with my referral and receive a $2 credit when you spend at least $2.

#788 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

I say GRiD. I play DiRT 2, and while still a fantastic game, I feel it is a disappointment compared to DiRT 1 and 3. GRiD, however, I cannot recommend enough. I have purchased it 3 times over Xbox 360 and PS3, and am waiting for a Steam sale to get it from there for PC.

And about this Xbox Live GoD sale, I can only say one thing. "Ouch, my aching wallet"!

How many of you here are running out of HDD and or flash drive space because of this sale?
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#789 yankeessuck

yankeessuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Really curious to see the COD prices.

I would bet on 33% for BLOPS 2/MW3 and 50% for the rest.

#790 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

I say GRiD. I play DiRT 2, and while still a fantastic game, I feel it is a disappointment compared to DiRT 1 and 3. GRiD, however, I cannot recommend enough. I have purchased it 3 times over Xbox 360 and PS3, and am waiting for a Steam sale to get it from there for PC.

And about this Xbox Live GoD sale, I can only say one thing. "Ouch, my aching wallet"!

How many of you here are running out of HDD and or flash drive space because of this sale?

How does GRiD compare to games like GT and Forza? Is it easier to get into?

#791 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

I re-purchased both after not playing either for quite some time. I love the Dirt series and will vote for that any day. Something about Grid's controls give me fits. Maybe it's not the controls as much as it is how easy it is to get in such bad spots on the tracks. It's like you just don't run off the road, you run off the road, crash through crates and are all of a sudden stuck behind a building.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#792 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

How does GRiD compare to games like GT and Forza? Is it easier to get into?

Much easier! I call GRiD a simcade because it is not as realistic as Forza or Gran Turismo, but far from being a full-on arcade racer.
Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#793 RCS0926

RCS0926

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Much easier! I call GRiD a simcade because it is not as realistic as Forza or Gran Turismo, but far from being a full-on arcade racer.

That's what I wanted to hear. I'm not sure I'll bite on GRiD, but I'm definitely intrigued.

#794 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

My vote goes for dirt. Best rally games out there.

#795 SamFisher208

SamFisher208

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't know which version of FNV you played but mine wasn't an improvement at all... it was a buggy mess wrapped in a story with no heart.

Personally, I enjoyed NV a lot more than FO3, but that's just me.

#796 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

My vote goes for dirt. Best rally games out there.

Hey did dirt rally ever hold up for you after multiple playthroughs? Or am I confusing you with someone else.

#797 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hey did dirt rally ever hold up for you after multiple playthroughs? Or am I confusing you with someone else.

Must be someone else, it doesn't ring a bell for me.

#798 SonicXtreme

SonicXtreme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

I agree with everything you've said, couldn't have worded better myself.. Dirt is the Gran Turismo/Forza of Rally racing

I thought for sure i'd be down but I played the demo and I'm probably not gonna get Dirt 2 now...I miss real rally racing games, all i want to do is race in the WRC championship, do multistage rounds with car damage and some basic settings, and race for the season championship, it seems like this game just throws you in random races with objectives? I wish they still made games like WRC for ps2, that's my favorite rally racing game because it combines that real championship with fun handling. Do i have to bust out the ps2 or colin mcrae 2.0 anytime i want that kinda fun? Is there no current rally game (on either system) that combines fun driving physics with real rally championship modes?

But dirt 2 not having split screen made me nix thinking about it, same with Grid, I just can't get behind no split screen at all in a friggin racing game. Didn't like the weird menu systems either of moving around instead of just...a menu I can read. Shame cos the graphics were really pretty, but i can only play so many racing games with 'finish in 1st place to advance!' objectives, I kinda just like driving at my own pace trying to win the championship but still advancing even if i don't. Unrelated question, but how many rally modes are in turismo 5, if anyone knows? i tried looking up the wrc series but it's been out of the USA for years it seems. Gotta be something modern that scratches my itch, but it ain't Dirt 2 sadly. Still jelly of canadians as i'd bite at $3

Is mortal kombat worth $10? i assume that's what it'll be because less and it'd be instabuy and more and i wouldn't bother with digital.

#799 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

If you're a fan a all of mk, $10 is def worth it. There's a lot to unlock, a story/challenge mode. Could do a lot worse for that price

#800 nnarum

nnarum

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Nevermind.

#801 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Is mortal kombat worth $10? i assume that's what it'll be because less and it'd be instabuy and more and i wouldn't bother with digital.

The Games on Demand version is still $50. It's been sitting at $50 for over a year, so it probably should have had another price drop by now, but it hasn't for whatever reason. Seems unlikely that they'd drop it all the way down to $10 but you never know. I'd guess $20 or $25.

mwb1138.gif

#802 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Is it possible to buy Games on Demand on a Canadian account and then use your US account to play the games? Are they region locked? Anyone ever test it?

I was wondering because some games are cheaper on the Canadian Marketplace. I know you can use Xbox Points from Bing Rewards for any other country.

http://marketplace.x...-sale-0226-0305

$2.99 games are 200 Microsoft Points

$4.99 games are 320 Microsoft Points

#803 Monoxide1986

Monoxide1986

Recovering Flipper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

I'm tempted on RE:CV-HD and RE4-HD.

I'm hesitant because I already own RE4 on PS2/Gamecube/Wii, and RE-CV on Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube.

Are the HD versions really all that better?

#804 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

alright, I've never been a Resident Evil game. didn't like it back in the early days on the PS1. always though RE was kind of slow, hokey.

will any of the recent titles be a draw for me? people told me the newer RE games are more action-packed and faster. RE5 for $10 sounds tempting but I don't want to be hoarding just because it's a good price.

#805 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

I'm hesitant because I already own RE4 on PS2/Gamecube/Wii, and RE-CV on Dreamcast/PS2/Gamecube.

no

there is no reason to rebuy these games for a 4th time unless you really want the achievements

#806 Bizzquik

Bizzquik

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Upscaled HD. Not really HD. (Though it is nice to have widescreen support for RE4, after owning the original Gamecube release.)

I bought the Xbox 360 RE4 upon its release at $20 and have no regrets. Its still a great game, and I actually prefer Games on Demand (digital) to disc (physical). But don't get it solely if you are expecting an amazing HD improvement.

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#807 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

alright, I've never been a Resident Evil game. didn't like it back in the early days on the PS1. always though RE was kind of slow, hokey.

will any of the recent titles be a draw for me? people told me the newer RE games are more action-packed and faster. RE5 for $10 sounds tempting but I don't want to be hoarding just because it's a good price.

you will care less about the characters because you didn't play through their story in the earlier games, that could affect your enjoyment of the newer games

yes they are much faster and action packed, game play wise it's night and day and that is why the recent games have been so polarizing, but since you hated the originals game play this could be more enjoyable for you

#808 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

Did anyone pick up HAWX? I tried the demo and liked it, but it felt like it held your hand to much. Does it get better, and how does it compare to HAWX 2?
There's not a lot of logic to it. It's kind of like on a boat with "Women and children first."
I mean, why should they...

#809 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Did anyone pick up HAWX? I tried the demo and liked it, but it felt like it held your hand to much. Does it get better, and how does it compare to HAWX 2?

You can turn off the evade assistance, and I think it's regarded as actually being better than the sequel. Has online co op too for missions which is always nice touch

#810 moojuice

moojuice

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Oh Fuck me. Bought a 1600 code, redeemed, and when I went to buy CVX using the website, wasnt paying attention and paid with paypal. Used points on RE4 though. Lesson learned, lesson learned.