Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#61 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

I wonder if somebody will magically remove a couple of games from the list tomorrow?

Any chance of RE4 being 400msp.

I always laugh at questions like this. How are we supposed to know?!? Sure. There is a 39.4823% chance. I ran 1,000 separate simulations myself to come up with that completely scientific figure.

Is this 85% off the going rate of these games? Or is it 85% off after the games are "magically" reset back up to their original launch price point?

Neither. It's UP TO 85% off of the current marketplace prices.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#62 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:23 AM

Now bear with me, because this is a crazy idea... but why not put one or two of the ones you aren't using right this minute in the closet?

I'm sure there are people like me that play games on a lot of consoles often, so having to change consoles out is quite annoying. So having one console able to play more than one generation of games is a godsend.

#63 jsivley

jsivley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

This is probably a stupid question but I didn't think I would actually ever run out of space on my harddrive and I'm getting close to it now. This will probably come up with the talks of the new system.

I know we can delete and redownload anything we previously bought but has anyone thought about what would happen when the new system comes out? If I delete games to buy new ones, will I lose access to redownloading other games I deleted? This is the reason I've always wanted a physical copy. So is it worth it to buy the digital copies of physical games?

I didn't get online with the original Xbox so I don't know if there were digital games you could buy and what happened to them when the 360 came out?

There was dlc, game updates, and multiplayer at minimum. I don't remember any GoD though. But at a set date, all of that content stopped being supported across the board and there hasn't been access to it since. I remember putting in all my original Xbox games in and downloading all patches and any dlc the night before the shutdown. So while it might not happen right away, it's a very real possibility that you lose games if you don't have enough storage space for them all

#64 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

title needs to be changed. I expected xbla games and was disappointing.

+1. Felt the same way when I first heard about the Xbox Live Ultimate game sale.

I always laugh at questions like this. How are we supposed to know?!? Sure. There is a 39.4823% chance. I ran 1,000 separate simulations myself to come up with that completely scientific figure.

Haha I laughed. :)

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#65 ray2dee

ray2dee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Well I'll just have to cross my fingers on Spider-Man web of shadows

#66 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

We don't know yet but rumor is that it will most likely not be backwards compatible because of a similar issue with PS3/PS4 architecture. I have no cites other than EA claiming the next gen consoles probably won't be (turns out we now know they're correct at least for the PS4) and here's a random gamefaqs forum posting talking about the issue for the next Xbox http://www.gamefaqs....ox-360/65518981

Was my first thought also.

I think you are spot on. The new xbox is supposedly going to use amd as well, so it will be x86-64 architecture, just like the ps4. The xbox 360 uses a powerpc architecture, and the ps3 uses a cell architecture. You can't run this natively on x86, so you will either need hardware emulation (too expensive) or software emulation, which would be too difficult/infeasible to implement (ps4 and 720 probably aren't powerful enough to do it). Shoot, I'm keeping my old systems for sure now...

Edited by bruceg, 23 February 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#67 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Now bear with me, because this is a crazy idea... but why not put one or two of the ones you aren't using right this minute in the closet?

I echo the sentiment of the guy who never used his BC PS3 to play a PS2 game. If I'm spending $500-600 on a new console, it's going to be to play the next must-have, mind-blowing next-gen game... not to play games that will probably work better on my $200 console.

We're all people with huge backlogs. It's not very efficient to keep switching out consoles every time we are starting the next one. I enjoy the fact that my Wii U can play wii games so I can bring it out whenever I want to play gamecube games and my digital content will be safe within the wii menu.The 720 and ps4 are going to force a lot of people to put their last gen consoles away, which could have tons of dlc and that's going to alienate some people since what happens when they shut down support for their systems and one of them breaks? They're shit out of luck if they want to get a game they bought virtually.

#68 destro4eva

destro4eva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

No Deathsmiles2 X? Dang it!

No joke, drop this one already!!!

#69 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Nice... In for Code Veronica, Bioshock, Dishonored and Orange Box if the price is right.

This^^^ I hope the price is right as well.

#70 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm not getting too excited since there "regular" prices on a lot of the games on demand are absurd. $19.99 retail = $59.99 on demand.

There are over 500 games available through Games on Demand. Around twenty of them are $59.99. Most of those twenty or so were just added within the last few months, and several of those have already been on sale, or will be on sale during this promotion.

Around half of the 500+ Games on Demand are $19.99 or less.

mwb1138.gif

#71 cancermatt

cancermatt

CAG @ 360Voice.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

I don't mind being the outcast, but I already have the few games I'm interested in, from that list. Plus, they're physical copies.

I will watch to see if Spider-Man: Edge of Time or even Amazing Spider-Man are on sale, but I can easily wait a tad longer for big box clearance.
Posted Image

Please CML: Thanks! :)

#72 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Well all the numbers are odd. No game price comes out well at 85% off.The closest is a 40 dollar game being dropped to 6. It says up to 85% so something has to be 85%. So which $40 game will it be. :)

#73 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Just noticed that AC:Revelations is on the list, too... it's actually around 2500 MSP so, as derivative as it is, I may bite for half of that. At 75% off it would be a no brainer, even though I've just started Brotherhood since I was too burned out after getting 1000/1000 GS on ACII.
Maybe I should put both in my backlog crunching for March... :)

#74 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well all the numbers are odd. No game price comes out well at 85% off.The closest is a 40 dollar game being dropped to 6. It says up to 85% so something has to be 85%. So which $40 game will it be. :)

Special surprise game...Viva Pinata Party Animals!

#75 StittyMan

StittyMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

*shrug* I'm probably in for King of Fighters 13. I'm a nerd like that.

#76 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

*shrug* I'm probably in for King of Fighters 13. I'm a nerd like that.

I think this was $15 on PSN/PS+ last week so it will probably be that price.
It's a rather good game. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better then KOF12 and might be one of the best KOF games in the series.

#77 Chihuahua Dad

Chihuahua Dad

Patriots fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock, Call of Juarez, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, Code Veronica, Dark Messiah, Dead Island, Dirt 2, El Shaddai, Fallout 3
Fallout 3 New Vegas, GRID, Kane & Lynch Dead Men, Raccoon City, Rainbow Six Vegas
Rayman Raving Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, TC’s H.A.W.X, The Darkness, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

I'm guessing those are the titles that will be heavily discounted. Everything else that's newer we'll see a paltry 20% discount. NO way they're going to discount Halo 4, RE6, Black Ops 2, etc at 75% off.
Two by two they enter the jungle, and soon they number more...

#78 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Bioshock, Call of Juarez, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 3, Code Veronica, Dark Messiah, Dead Island, Dirt 2, El Shaddai, Fallout 3
Fallout 3 New Vegas, GRID, Kane & Lynch Dead Men, Raccoon City, Rainbow Six Vegas
Rayman Raving Rabbids, Resident Evil 4, TC’s H.A.W.X, The Darkness, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

I'm guessing those are the titles that will be heavily discounted. Everything else that's newer we'll see a paltry 20% discount. NO way they're going to discount Halo 4, RE6, Black Ops 2, etc at 75% off.

For a sec, I thought you were listing games you were in for! haha but yeah I definitely agree with your statement, although RE6 has hit some pretty low numbers recently, I'd throw that in the category in between these two groups.

#79 CDiablo

CDiablo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

No joke, drop this one already!!!

Came to post this too. Its been out forever and no one is buying it at 30

#80 Donken

Donken

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

Sweet, lots of older titles I would love to play if they are really cheap!

#81 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Hmm I imagine only the very oldest games will be 75 or 85% off COD2 for $15. whoopee!

#82 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

No BC most likely so I would think the best option is find these games on disk for similar pricing.

#83 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Using Gamestop as a measure here are the current used prices for most of the games listed.
I used the Non GOTY prices since it was not listed on which version Xbox will be offering.

Some games had no prices.

Assassins Creed - $19.99
Assassins Creed 2 - $19.99
Batman Arkham Asylum - $14.99 Non GOTY
Batman Arkham city - $17.99 Non GOTY
Bioshock - $17.99
Borderlands - $17.99 Non GOTY
Borderlands 2 $37.99
Brotherhood - $19.99
Call of Juarez - $19.99
Call of Duty 2 - $4.99 GOTY edition
Call of Duty 3 -$7.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 -$54.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare $12.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $14.99
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 - $19.99
Code Veronica – No used price
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic: Elements - $4.99 ( not sure this if same)
Dead Island - $17.99 Non GOTY
Dirt 2 - $19.99
Dishonored - $54.99
El Shaddai Ascension of the Metatron - $14.99
Fable III - $9.99
Fallout 3 - $6.99 Non GOTY
Fallout 3 New Vegas - $12.99 Non GOTY
GRID - $14.99
Halo 3 -$9.99
Halo 4 - $37.99
Halo Reach - $19.99
Halo Wars - $19.99
Kane & Lynch Dead Men - $4.99
Left for Dead 2 – $44.99
Max Payne 3 - $24.99
Metal Gear Solid HD - $27.99
Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker –No listing
Mortal Kombat - $17.99
Mortal Kombat vs. DCU - $27.98
Orange Box - $34.99
Portal 2 - $34.99
Raccoon City - $14.99
Rainbow Six Vegas - $2.99
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $12.99
Resident Evil 4 – No price
Resident Evil 5 - $14.99
Resident Evil 6 - $27.99
Red Dead Redemption -$19.99 Non GOTY
Revelations $24.99
Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution $29.99
Street Fighter IV - $9.99
Street Fighter X Tekken - $17.99
Super Streetfighter IV Arcade Edition - $19.99
TC’s H.A.W.X. - $9.99
Tekken 6 - $19.99
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $34.99
The Darkness - $6.99
The King of Fighters XIII - $24.99
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter – $2.99
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 - $3.99
Tomb Raider Legend - $9.99
Virtua Fighter 5 - $4.99
World at War - $12.99
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#84 Donken

Donken

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well hopefully Amazon will match the Microsoft price each day so then we can get a physical disc copy for the same price as there sale price if it's good sale prices :)

#85 macjz212

macjz212

Carnivorous One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Any sale on points?

Not much but Newegg has 4000 points for $44.99

#86 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Well hopefully Amazon will match the Microsoft price each day so then we can get a physical disc copy for the same price as there sale price if it's good sale prices :)

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#87 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

The only bad thing about the idea that the games won't be compatible next gen is that what happens when microsoft shuts down the "old Live" Meaning we'll be fine as long as it's up or we have the games on our drives, but if they were to shut the old service down at some point for the new service that works with their new structure, we're out of luck.

I can't see that happening for a few years though. There would be some serious backlash. I think one thing that stood out to me about the PS4 announcement was that some of those games were going to be out for both PS3 and PS4. I think the companies realize this next gen isn't going to take off running.

I mean even in this thread there are people saying "Oh when I get my new system all I want to play are the blistering new awesome games" but this new gen is going to be the smallest leap forward we will have ever seen. Graphics just can't do much more than what we have. Framerates are going to just be steadier, not mind blowing. This next gen is going to be about all the weird social aspects and voice/motion/tablet controls.

As someone who started on atari 2600 and C64, I kind of see gaming as I knew it ending with this current generation.

#88 Matty B

Matty B

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hmm I imagine only the very oldest games will be 75 or 85% off COD2 for $15. whoopee!

COD2 is currently $19.99, so at 75% off, it would be $4.99 or 400 points. Not too bad.

mwb1138.gif

#89 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

And no place to store the games thanks to their incredibly tiny 320GB hard drive limits. Christ, even my SSD boot drive in my PC is bigger than that! Meanwhile I'm rocking 1TB in my PS3 with 600GB full. Microsoft is such a has been. PS4 already won next gen.

#90 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Graphics just can't do much more than what we have.

I'm sure some dumbass also said this in 1982, 1990, 1995, 2000, etc.