Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#1231 jayntampa

jayntampa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I think the sales have been pretty good.

That being said. I think some publishers have missed the boat here - especially when it comes to games with multiplayer. It's a 1 day digital only sale. There won't be any used games from this, and it's a great way to get players into your game hoping they'll drag their friends in a week later at the full price.

The way I look at it, if you get 10 sales from people that never would have bought your game, and out of those, they talk one person into a full price purchase later, then it was really successful. It's money you would have never had with no production costs and no devaluation due to more used copies in the marketplace.

All these games are on the tail end of sales, anyway - why not get all the revenue you can AND have Microsoft pick up the tab on marketing? You also get all those DLC purchases for people that end up liking the game ... So, while I think the sale has been good, it could have been better and benefitted everyone.

Just my two cents ...

#1232 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

black ops 1 price is still at $19.99 while the others have gone back to regular price. maybe they are sneaking in a price drop (a very appropriate one)

#1233 purplepanda

purplepanda

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

black ops 1 price is still at $19.99 while the others have gone back to regular price. maybe they are sneaking in a price drop (a very appropriate one)

I actually bit on that because I am always rebuying it after I sell it so might as well go digital.

#1234 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

New system, but such an last gen backlog still

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

Debating Arkham City and Orange Box for $15. Think I will hold off and try to find cheaper physical copies.

I will for sure cop Orange Box if it's $10 and Civ Rev if it's $10-15.

#1235 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Anyone else close to filling there 320GB Hard Drive? I have over 100 XBLA Games and 42 Games On Demand. I Only have about 25 Gigs left. I plan on finishing up the sale with both of the Mortal Kombat games and maybe Civilization.

I have 27 GoD, and around 140 XBLA games, plus other various DLC. I have 47GBs free, and that's after I got a 32GB USB to put all my Rock Band stuff on (which only has 4GB left).

Hopefully, Fallout 3, The Orange Box, and Civilization Revolution will be cheap enough for me to get all for 2000 MSP, I think they will take up about 18-19GBs altogether.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1236 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Anyone else close to filling there 320GB Hard Drive? I have over 100 XBLA Games and 42 Games On Demand. I Only have about 25 Gigs left. I plan on finishing up the sale with both of the Mortal Kombat games and maybe Civilization.

My 250 has been completely full for awhile. 188 XBLA and 14 GoD, not to mention all of the 1-2 GB DLC. The difference between the 250 and 320 isn't worth the upgrade cost to me. If I could put a 500+ GB drive in there I'd have done it awhile ago. With all of the propriety memory crap that Sony has done over the years across so many product lines in different divisions, I can't believe they were the ones to let us put swap in off the shelf drives.

edit: And I just read that the ME3 Citadel DLC is split into 2 downloads because it's too large, which means >2 GB. It's shit like this, Microsoft. I realize this impacts a very small percentage of users, but making it impossible for the people most invested in the platform to have it all in one place sucks.

Edited by louiedog, 02 March 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#1237 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned at all, but Xbox treats the vanilla version of Batman: Arkham Asylum and the Game of the Year edition as if they were completely-different games. So if there's anyone (like me) who owns the GOTY edition but wants to go through the game again for more achievements or whatever, the $10 for the vanilla version may be worth it.

Was just going to ask about this to see if it was the vanilla or the GOTY. Looks like I'll be getting AA.

#1238 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:45 PM

Is it sad that I've been pricing out black ops 1 for months just so I can play Zork on my 360? I'll answer that: yes, yes it it.

#1239 veronesepk

veronesepk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:50 PM

Any guesses as to how much Civ Rev and MG Solid HD will be?

#1240 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Captain fuckin' Marvel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

Any guesses as to how much Civ Rev and MG Solid HD will be?

I'm hoping for $15 for MGS HD, but I'm doubtful. Will probably be $20.

#1241 InformationHigh

InformationHigh

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

Debating Arkham City and Orange Box for $15. Think I will hold off and try to find cheaper physical copies.

I will for sure cop Orange Box if it's $10 and Civ Rev if it's $10-15.

Aww yeah pick up Orange Box so you can see the no man's land of unpatched Team Fortress 2.
Posted Image

#1242 Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese

Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

I would love to pick up MGS HD Collection and Peace Walker HD for the right prices....possibly 15 for the former and 10 for the latter

Be Your True Mind. :)

611001.png

small.png

#1243 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

So here's something I just thought of: does The Orange Box GoD include Portal? Because it's listed on it's owm for $15:roll:
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#1244 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:07 PM

I would love to pick up MGS HD Collection and Peace Walker HD for the right prices....possibly 15 for the former and 10 for the latter

I'm hoping $10 and $5 (tough very doubtful), other wise it's only $5 less than amazon (or equal if you buy used)

#1245 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

does The Orange Box GoD include Portal?

Yes.

#1246 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Aww yeah pick up Orange Box so you can see the no man's land of unpatched Team Fortress 2.

Honestly, nobody's buying TOB for TF2. I keep forgetting it's even included:-#

#1247 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yes.

Sweet, that's what I wanted to hear:lol:now as long as it's $10 or less I'll be happy

#1248 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

I want to play through HL2 and episodes again.

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#1249 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm hoping for $15 for MGS HD, but I'm doubtful. Will probably be $20.

I think they'll be a little more generous than $5 off. $15 sounds about right, considering it doesn't included Peace Walker

#1250 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Sweet, that's what I wanted to hear:lol:now as long as it's $10 or less I'll be happy

It's normally $19.99, so it SHOULD be $10 or less.

#1251 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:12 PM

I want to play through HL2 and episodes again.

Same, except I've haven't played the EPs. Played HL2 on the original Xbox, so it'll be nice to not have the frame rate drops, and the bump up in resolution never hurt:lol:

#1252 preston181

preston181

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hands down the best value pack of games for the 360. There originally was supposed to be a "Black Box" that included Half Life 1 and Half Life Deathmatch as well, but it was cancelled. Really wish they had included HL Deathmatch. Nothing beats flinging a urinal at your opponent with the gravity gun.

#1253 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hands down the best value pack of games for the 360. There originally was supposed to be a "Black Box" that included Half Life 1 and Half Life Deathmatch as well, but it was cancelled. Really wish they had included HL Deathmatch. Nothing beats flinging a urinal at your opponent with the gravity gun.

That would have been sweet, but I suppose it would have taken time to up res it and everything. Not to mention Valve has basically given Microsoft the middle finger, so I don't think that'll ever happen. Shame,as I've never played the original:cry:

#1254 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

So here's something I just thought of: does The Orange Box GoD include Portal? Because it's listed on it's owm for $15:roll:

If you are referring to the Portal 2 that is listed for $15, that is a different game. OB includes the first Portal.

#1255 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

If you are referring to the Portal 2 that is listed for $15, that is a different game. OB includes the first Portal.

T'was already answered, I was referring to the original Portal

#1256 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:25 PM

http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410960
http://marketplace.x...15-d8024541080f

This was why I was confused, wasn't sure if they were doing an MGSHD thing where they split up the retail game.

#1257 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410960
http://marketplace.x...15-d8024541080f

This was why I was confused, wasn't sure if they were doing an MGSHD thing where they split up the retail game.

Those are two different Portal games...Still Alive is the more complete version with extra levels.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#1258 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:36 PM

Those are two different Portal games...Still Alive is the more complete version with extra levels.

Really? :-sWell darn, now I have something else to buy:headache:

#1259 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

T'was already answered, I was referring to the original Portal

I think the confusion is with Portal: Still Alive. It's an expanded version of Portal, with something like 14 extra levels, compared to the version that's in TOB. That's $15 on Live.

EDIT: It might help if I read to the bottom of the page to see someone already pointed this out before posting. :duh:

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#1260 JBallerX

JBallerX

Serenity now!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:27 PM

I was worried TF2 would be a no man's land as well, but I played it last week and there were quite a few games running. You may have to search a few times to get games, but there are usually a decent amount running at one time.