Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#1921 kingfreak

kingfreak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

Civ Rev finally :bouncy:

#1922 wankerness

wankerness

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

This is best explanation I have read about it.

"I prefer the Xbox 360 controller for gaming. All my friends are on Xbox Live. And I prefer getting achievements instead of Trophies. However anyone who's spent a significant amount of time with these classic PS2 titles can tell you that they take advantage of a very specific function of the Dual Shock controller that few games utilize. MGS2 and MGS3 use the analog buttons of Sony's controller. A style of buttons the Xbox controllers have never had.

On the DS using the Square button (X on Xbox controller) raises your gun. Gently releasing pressure on the Square button allows Snake to lower his gun without firing it. On the Xbox controller you cannot do this, so the gun just fires. The simple work around is to de-equip the weapon. But the problem doesn't end there. Automatic weapons (like an AK47) are aimed by lightly holding the Square button, and fired by pushing the Square button all the way down. Not possible on the Xbox 360 controller due to the buttons being a simple on/off style. So on the Xbox 360 controller when you push X to aim the gun you go immediately into firing the gun in full auto.

This makes using these weapons very tough in the story mode, and make the VR missions involving these automatic weapons harder to complete. In VR you have to time your shots even more carefully since you have to take the animation time of lifting the gun into consideration. You have to aim by just eyeballing the center of the screen. And you still have to burst fire by pressing and releasing X so as not to waste the limited ammo you have.

I'm still having fun with this collection on Xbox 360, but if you've never played these games before on a playstation controller you'll think the game's controls are broken. They are, but only on the Xbox 360. Remembering back it was a similar problem the Xbox 1 version of MGS2:Subsistence suffered from the same issue. At least this time around you don't also have the frame-rate issues the old Xbox version had"

If you click the left stick, you raise/lower the gun without firing. Left stick clicking also is used in the various stuff with choking out/slitting throats, which was all just pressure-sensitive stuff in the PS version. They added that functionality to compensate for the loss of the pressure-sensitive buttons. This guy seems to either have been totally unaware of that or chosen to ignore it for the sake of better complaining. From everything I've read from people who have actually played through the entire games on xbox and ps2, the new controls are better in some ways and worse in others and it doesn't make the game more difficult unless you're used to the original controls, in which case it takes a bit to get used to it.

#1923 Meezah

Meezah

Sadbaby Attack!

• CAGiversary!

Civ Rev finally :bouncy:

I lost apparently. Ah well, Fallout3 Next then! :P

#1924 JBallerX

JBallerX

Serenity now!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

Also you can add me for L4D2. I'm heading up to GameStop to trade in my copies of Orange Box and L4D2 now. You can also add me for Team Fortress 2 I suppose!

Gamertag = JBallerX

#1925 ColdAssFashion

ColdAssFashion

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

We should take bets on this. I say .... Fallout3 is next!

Since it's the only game I want today. That is probably incorrect.

#1926 waltercartman

waltercartman

Don't Be A Dingus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

That's just it, they were on your system not another. He wants to do it on another system entirely I think.

We should take bets on this. I say .... Fallout3 is next!

Yes I wanted to do it on 2 different systems. If there is a chance it won't work then I guess I just won't do it. Not worth the risk I guess.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176686"][/URL]

#1927 Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese

Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber

• CAGiversary!

~sigh~ I wonder if I should get Civ Rev, and orange box. Or wait until Monday's sale to go up early

Be Your True Mind. :)

611001.png

small.png

#1928 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

MGS PW is $4.95 / 320MSP on the Aussie Marketplace.

I wish it was easier to buy MSP, because of the sale no one is selling!
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#1929 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

I got a question for all of you. If I login to my Xbox live profile on my brothers system and buy a game will he get the game? I don't want to waste time buying and downloading it there if it's only going to say he got the demo. Also don't want to download it on his then find out I can't download it on mine.

wow I think I worded that wrong so I hope you all get what I mean. I want the full game on both systems for one price. Can i do that lol.

Yes.

Download your profile on your brothers console
Buy whatever game you want and download it
Sign out and log onto your xbox
Go to download history and redownload the game on your console

Then both of you will have it.

#1930 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

If you click the left stick, you raise/lower the gun without firing. Left stick clicking also is used in the various stuff with choking out/slitting throats, which was all just pressure-sensitive stuff in the PS version. They added that functionality to compensate for the loss of the pressure-sensitive buttons. This guy seems to either have been totally unaware of that or chosen to ignore it for the sake of better complaining. From everything I've read from people who have actually played through the entire games on xbox and ps2, the new controls are better in some ways and worse in others and it doesn't make the game more difficult unless you're used to the original controls, in which case it takes a bit to get used to it.

Well now I am starting to waver. I prefer the 360 controller. Hmmmm. Thanks for the extra info though.

#1931 jaydizzle21

jaydizzle21

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Okay yeah I had that problem you get used to it though. I personally don't think it hinders the gameplay just a minor annoyance

Actually you can ready the weapon and put it away by clicking L3.

#1932 GinsuVictim

GinsuVictim

Arcade Cabinet Builder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

My bet will be that Max Payne 3 will be the next one online since it's a game I own already and thus have no interest in buying.

I've been refreshing it all day. I want it!

#1933 Zombiekillz9

Zombiekillz9

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

i look forward to playing with some of you on left for dead 2 and fortress 2! this is gonna be awesome!
Posted Image

"The spell is nearly complete! The demon king returns!" - Ghirahim, Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, 2011 :applause:

#1934 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Argggh hurry up with the sale! I got 6 x 1600 MSP cards I need excuses to redeem x.x

#1935 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Not sure if this will make sense but...

I think if you login to your profile on another Xbox the content will be linked to your account, so yes, you could Redownload it on your xbox. HOWEVER since it was downloaded to the other Xbox, the content is linked to that hardware so if you want to use said content on YOUR xbox, you will have to be online so it can validate the content. It's weird DRM stuff.

Exactly. When you buy a game, you essentially have two licenses that come with it. One is for your profile, and one for the console you bought it on. So, you can download something on your xbox, but still access it on someone else's 360 as long as you're signed in because of the two licenses. Likewise, someone else can play the game on the xbox you bought it on without you being signed in for the same reason.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#1936 hustletron

hustletron

poop dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:08 PM

MGS PW HD is showing as 19.99 currently.

#1937 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

Well now I am starting to waver. I prefer the 360 controller. Hmmmm. Thanks for the extra info though.

I did not know this either. I had actually read that same review a couple days ago on amazon. Like you I prefer the Xbox controller for shooters.

#1938 John82

John82

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Wow Batman is 320 MSP in the UK but i only have 160 MSP left . Nooooooooooooooo :cry:

#1939 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Yeah...MGS, either title has not been reduced.
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#1940 thegame956

thegame956

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

It shows the sale price but when I click to purchase it, it shows the regular price... Anyone else having this issue ??

#1941 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

MGS PW HD is showing as 19.99 currently.

He said aussie market. The US region is having the issues showing proper prices.

#1942 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Picked up the orange box after seeing used go for upwards of $30 on amazon now. Wish I gotten it back when it was $15, but oh well. Rest of my MP will no doubt be spent on non sale stuff (ie, minecraft)
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#1943 AndyHustla

AndyHustla

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:14 PM

I wonder if we should count on the fighting games being available around 10 PM Eastern tonight? Probably not. Any predictions?

#1944 Kerplunkuga

Kerplunkuga

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

Having the update issue with civ rev. Can't attempt to purchase it since I don't have 2400 points. Main screen has updated to 800 points. Purchase screen has not. Guess the wait isn't over.

Posted Image

#1945 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Picked up the orange box after seeing used go for upwards of $30 on amazon now. Wish I gotten it back when it was $15, but oh well. Rest of my MP will no doubt be spent on non sale stuff (ie, minecraft)

Mehhh, minecraft on the pc was just soo much better with mod's, Industrial craft, More Creatures, Texture pack's, etc.

#1946 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

You can get it today used from BBY for $17.99 ($16.29 with GCU).

http://www.bestbuy.c...orange box&lp=1&cp=1

#1947 Moonlk

Moonlk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

I'm in the US, and it's not showing up right for MGS. Still 24.99/19.99
http://moonlk.blogspot.com - My Gamer Blog!

#1948 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

I wonder if we should count on the fighting games being available around 10 PM Eastern tonight? Probably not. Any predictions?

At this rate expect them 10 pm... on Tuesday...

#1949 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

Having the update issue with civ rev. Can't attempt to purchase it since I don't have 2400 points. Main screen has updated to 800 points. Purchase screen has not. Guess the wait isn't over.

Purchase screen shows $9.99 for me and 800msp if I hit X.

#1950 Zerms4

Zerms4

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Fallout 3 is showing up 4.99 but it goes back to normal price on xbox.com http://marketplace.x...Game&noSplash=1

EDIT: now it is 5 dollars! I just bought it for 400 ms points!