Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#2671 intrikit

intrikit

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

Thanks for the heads up, is the extra 6gb for add-ons or multiplayer?

no its just so it lets you play single player. think of it as putting in "disc 2" except instead it is a 6gb download.

edit: it reads-
Additional content packs are required. All three of the available content packs must be downloaded in order to access all of the Single Player levels for use in the Story and Arcade modes within Max Payne 3 for games on demand.

#2672 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:25 AM

thanks to that CAG who pmed me.... anyone else curous ... you have a to wait a minimum of 3 months to change your region........

@DT778 thanks, have a little under 5000 msp on my main account and no cards or codes to give the hungarian account....

i got a small backlog and will pass on L4D2 at the moment... I love CAG ......... cheapyD should look into getting CAG avatar outfits because i'd totally buy some CAG surfer shorts or a shirt or hoodie!

MAX PAYNE 3
I loved this game, completed it on the PC... never tried multiplayer or re-doing levels..... great game, and i'm not even a fan of 3rd person shooters.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2673 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Do you play the co-op with random people often? i thought that it imight be an answer for fun pick up and play with, humans instead of cpu

I haven't in a while, but it is easy to find a game with randoms.

#2674 franscodelamrte

franscodelamrte

The Watchman of Buffalora Cemetery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

no its just so it lets you play single player and multiplayer. think of it as putting in "disc 2" except for in a 6gb download.

Thanks, I have a 250gb with 40ish gb left (my backlog is huge but not totally unmanageable).

So if i suck at stealth i guess MGSHD is out, and from how it sounds in other places that mp3's campaign is like 8 hours and i have completed 4hrs previously, but L4D2 has co-op campaign that can be played with any random xboxers, correct? that may be my winner if it is the case

#2675 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

no its just so it lets you play single player and multiplayer. think of it as putting in "disc 2" except for in a 6gb download.

edit: it reads-
Additional content packs are required. All three of the available content packs must be downloaded in order to access all of the Single Player levels for use in the Story and Arcade modes within Max Payne 3 for games on demand.

Weird, I just got done playing for a couple hours. I only had to dl the 7.?gb the game is. I was never prompted to dl another 6gb to play (yes I was connected to XBL)

#2676 berzirk

berzirk

I'm not so serious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

Wow. MK vs DC really isn't that good. I mean, it's not awful, but it's not great either. Happy I only paid $5 for it. Still, I'm enjoying the story line, and it'll be fun to play with my girlfriend. I just wish it was a bit better. And possibly easier, as I'm not that good with fighting games, and the 360 game pad does NOT make things easier.

Exactly my thought right now as I play it too. Amazingly mediocre. Worth about $5.

#2677 franscodelamrte

franscodelamrte

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

I'm also doing this because i had some extra $ become available after winning a copy of GOW: Judgement through Lipton instant win game, so had an excuse to use $20

#2678 franscodelamrte

franscodelamrte

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Weird, I just got done playing for a couple hours. I only had to dl the 7.?gb the game is. I was never prompted to dl another 6gb to play (yes I was connected to XBL)

Had you played it at all before Daz? I mean i remember liking what i played, and could technically delete my save to make it feel like deja vu for half of it, but it was just after the boat chase sequence that i stopped (IF you got that far)

#2679 intrikit

intrikit

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

weird indeed. maybe it does work without the content packs, i haven't even tried to play the game yet since i downloaded it all.

#2680 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:45 AM

Okay, so I found myself with $11 left. I've downloaded just about everything worthwhile that I don't already own. Is KOF worth $10, or should I just save it for another time?

#2681 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:49 AM

It's too bad that Tekken 6 isn't $5.

Are GRAW 1 & 2 good buys for $5?

#2682 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Would have bought Tekken 6 on the spot for $5.

No idea on GRAW, sorry.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#2683 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:02 AM

No. You can get them at Gamestop for $3 and $4 used, respectively.

Seriously, can someone convince me KOF13 is a good price. I've got $10 to blow and I'm itching to spend it.

#2684 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

Have you played others in the KOF series?

If you like Street Fighter, then you will most likely like KOF, it's combo's take awhile to down and it has a slightly steeper learning curve.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#2685 E-104 Epsilon

E-104 Epsilon

Weeb Dreamin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:12 AM

Microsoft should post deals like this more often.

I only walked away with Left 4 Dead 2 and El Shaddai, but I would have gotten RRR and Bioshock if I didn't already own them.

Talked 2 of my buddies into getting L4D2 as well, so we got a solid team rolling through campaigns right now.

Caskett-V03.png

:360: / :xb1: E104 Epsil |  :ps3: Caskett-V03 | Steam e104_epsilon

#2686 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

Have you played others in the KOF series?

If you like Street Fighter, then you will most likely like KOF, it's combo's take awhile to down and it has a slightly steeper learning curve.

I have not. I haven't played a lot of fighters, though I've been interested in them, and I've played a bit of Street Fighter which I have enjoyed. And it seems like it would give me a good variety. I mean, I could get Tekken 6, but since I have TTT2, seems like...yeah variety.

#2687 CrusherX

CrusherX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:29 AM

Accidentally purchased Rayman Raving Rabbids Premium Theme . . . had the same picture and price on the 360 store and the description led me to think 'it' was the game.:roll:
Got Rayman Raving Rabbids, El Shaddai, and Grid.
Posted Image

What is this "play" you speak of? I thought these were nothing but decorative boxes to line my shelves with.

It's something I used to do a long time ago...then I found cag.

#2688 The Brief Chef

The Brief Chef

Actor, Chef, etc....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:44 AM

Only picked up El Shaddai. Figured I can do better with a box set for Bioshock, already owned Fallout 3 GOTY, and had no desire to play thought Batman: AA again. Went back and forth about SF IV:AE but couldn't justify the price when I rather grab Ultimate MvC 3's DLC characters instead. Already own Soul Calibur 4, 5, and Mortal Kombat. Only fighters I really want next is Injustice and UMvC3.
Posted Image

#2689 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

My final list.

Resident Evil 4 -$10
Resident Evil : Code Veronica X - $5
The Orange Box - $10
Left 4 Dead 2 - $10
Civilization Revolution - $10
Max Payne 3 - $15
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition - $10
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $20
King of Fighters XIII - $10
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $5
The Darkness - $5
Tomb Raider Legends - $5
Grid - $5
Tom Clancy's HAWXs - $5
El Shaddai - $3
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $3

16 games.

Total - $131. $25 out of pocket. Taking advantage of the l4d2 and orange box trade values. And using all of my unused gamestop credit.

#2690 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

GRAW/GRAW2 are both good buys imo.

Both still have a decent community for their age.

My final haul:
Halo Wars
Graw 2
Rainbow Six Vegas
Assassins Creed II
MW2
L4D2
MGS 2/3

All for $5. (4000 card from Kmart + Bing Rewards 400 + 440 point refund from pricing error)

#2691 Frany

Frany

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:11 AM

Got
Kane & Lynch
El Shaddai

that is all.

#2692 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

Is Kayne and Lynch any good? Not that I need to buy another game, buy still......is it?

#2693 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:15 AM

El Shaddai, Orange Box, Left 4 Dead 2, and last minute I caved on Civilization Revolution.

card.png
453976.png

#2694 Neokrw

Neokrw

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Playing and enjoying KOF13. I'm not usually experienced with fighters, so these drive cancels take a bit getting used to. :3 (In tutorial mode, gets to the point it hurts my thumb sometimes haha)

El Shaddai, Orange Box, Left 4 Dead 2, and last minute I caved on Civilization Revolution.

I did the same with CV and Fallout 3.

#2695 intrikit

intrikit

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:25 AM

i currently have more unfinished games than i ever had, and i almost feel like i have too many games right now. i spent most of today staring at my list of games, not knowing where to start. its been like this for a while now. i should probably prioritize a list of what to start playing first.

from this sale i got:
Fallout 3
Max Payne 3
Civilization Revolution
MGS 2&3
The Orange Box (i own it for pc but my isnt for gaming)
Red dead redemption
Dead Island
Dishonored
Batman Arkham Asylum (own it on pc, my pc sucks)
Batman Arkham City
Halo Wars
TC's GRAW2
El Shaddai

Before this sale started i already had other games i had just bought and barely started. those would be..
Alan Wake
Halo ODST
Darksiders 2
DMC devil may cry
Bioshock 1
Bioshock 2
Dead space 1
Dead space 2
Mafia 2

any suggestions on what to play first-last? i'd appreciate it lol

#2696 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:31 AM

i currently have more unfinished games than i ever had, and i almost feel like i have too many games right now. i spent most of today staring at my list of games, not knowing where to start. its been like this for a while now. i should probably prioritize a list of what to start playing first.

from this sale i got:
Fallout 3
Max Payne 3
Civilization Revolution
MGS 2&3
The Orange Box (i own it for pc but my isnt for gaming)
Red dead redemption
Dead Island
Dishonored
Batman Arkham Asylum (own it on pc, my pc sucks)
Batman Arkham City
Halo Wars
TC's GRAW2
El Shaddai

Before this sale started i already had other games i had just bought and barely started. those would be..
Alan Wake
Halo ODST
Darksiders 2
DMC devil may cry
Bioshock 1
Bioshock 2
Dead space 1
Dead space 2
Mafia 2

any suggestions on what to play first-last? i'd appreciate it lol

Just going to say, Alan Wake is my favorite game of all time. Absolutely amazing story.

#2697 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

Seriosuly though, I'm strongly considering a last minute pickup of kane and lynch, is it any good?

THen again, looking again, it's only $5 used at gamestop. If i miss it tonight it's no big deal. And I've already spent $135.

But still, any good?

#2698 intrikit

intrikit

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

Just going to say, Alan Wake is my favorite game of all time. Absolutely amazing story.

AWake is awesome! i should actually finish that first now that you mention it. i got to the part where alan wakes up in some mental institution for creativity or something like that.. then i bought a new game, and you know the rest.

#2699 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

AWake is awesome! i should actually finish that first now that you mention it. i got to the part where alan wakes up in some mental institution for creativity or something like that.. then i bought a new game, and you know the rest.

Let me also say, get the two dlc packs. They add quite a bit too the (already amazing) ending, explain a few things, and open up a ton of new questions.

#2700 sickman

sickman

Bringer of Light

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Let me also say, get the two dlc packs. They add quite a bit too the (already amazing) ending, explain a few things, and open up a ton of new questions.

I've been waiting on a sale for those, only reason I have yet to finish it. :cry: