Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#2731 Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese

Dealfiend of Lordly Caliber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Well, this was a really fun thread on the Ultimate Game Sale. Thanks for all the fun and deals fellow CAGs:D

Be Your True Mind. :)

611001.png

small.png

#2732 in boston

in boston

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

All I got was Portal 2. Everything else I already had or didn't want. The only one I considered and didn't get was L4D2. I had L4d1, but didn't get much out of it.

I only have really enjoyed a few multiplayer games...Brink and Mass Effect 3 are the ones that really come to mind, and I kind of liked Horde in Gears 3 as well. I virtually always hate Vs. games online, because even though I can beat single player fine, I usually get destroyed in Multi-player so it just isn't fun.

If anyone has a good suggestion for co-op multiplayer games that are A) good even with strangers, B) You don't have to use voice with the other co-op people or hear them, C) are Newbie friendly, I am open to looking into them.

L4D2 fits that criteria but that ship has sailed.

#2733 defgufman

defgufman

Carl Stucky...pleased to meet you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

I am more of a lurker than a conversationalist, but I picked up a lot of deals and splurged a little as well. Fun thread everyone.

Call of Juarez
Rayman-Raving-Rabbids
DiRT 2
STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN
GRID
BioShock
SUPER STREETFIGHTER IV ARCADE EDITION

I could have saved more by going disk on SSF4:AE, and SF X T but I had about 6000 Microsoft Points tempting me from my Bing and XBox rewards points I had been hoarding.

#2734 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:00 AM

I hope this is a sign that MS is getting their shit together on digital game sales. It's still not quite "Steam level" but I'm not expecting that. I now have a smidgen of hope they are finally budging a little on some of this stuff.

Yeah there were a few question marks (like MK vanilla edition being 20 bucks), but marking down oldie-but-goodies like Bioshock and Fallout 3 to 5 bucks is a noticable step in the right direction.
Posted Image

#2735 skytoast

skytoast

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Just picked up Virtual Fighter 4 Final Showdown for 400MS normally selling for 1200MS, which is the new improved version of Virtua Fighter released last year. It's listed the OP at the bottom of yesterday's list but crossed out. It's in the list as sub-note in the list of fighting games but was to go on sale Mar 5.

I'm not sure why this version was not included in the last round of fighting game sales (maybe because they wanted to push the older Virtua Fighter on demand game).

Anyways, as of 4:00PM PST, it's available for 400MS for anyone interested.

I wonder if this big sale here from on-demand games was just a test by MS to see what price point people are willing to pay for in anticipation to their next XBOX live service if all rumors are true point to heavy emphasis on digital downloads....

#2736 sassylaurie

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:12 AM

Just picked up Virtual Fighter 4 Final Showdown for 400MS normally selling for 1200MS, which is the new improved version of Virtua Fighter released last year. It's listed the OP at the bottom of yesterday's list but crossed out. It's in the list as sub-note in the list of fighting games but was to go on sale Mar 5.

I'm not sure why this version was not included in the last round of fighting game sales (maybe because they wanted to push the older Virtua Fighter on demand game).

Anyways, as of 4:00PM PST, it's available for 400MS for anyone interested.

I wonder if this big sale here from on-demand games was just a test by MS to see what price point people are willing to pay for in anticipation to their next XBOX live service if all rumors are true point to heavy emphasis on digital downloads....

It's part of the Sega Fighters sale, new deal of the week:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=336317

#2737 Whedon

Whedon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:26 AM

All I got was Bioshock. Even though I already had most of what I wanted on disc I still feel a bit left out that I didn't get to spend more money (makes no sense but I know you guys will understand).

Just wanted to extend a big thank you to those in charge of OP. Excellent job with formatting and maintaining it during the sale.

#2738 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Well, my true final list, after a last minute pick up this morning.
My final list.

Resident Evil 4 -$10
Resident Evil : Code Veronica X - $5
The Orange Box - $10
Left 4 Dead 2 - $10
Civilization Revolution - $10
Max Payne 3 - $15
Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition - $10
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - $20
King of Fighters XIII - $10
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $5
The Darkness - $5
Tomb Raider Legends - $5
Grid - $5
Tom Clancy's HAWXs - $5
El Shaddai - $3
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $3
Kane and Lynch - $5
Dirt 2 - $5

18 games.

Total - $141. $35 out of pocket. Taking advantage of the l4d2 and orange box trade values. And using all of my unused gamestop credit.

#2739 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

Got some cool stuff for cheaps :)

Bioshock
El Shaddai
Grid
Resident Evil 4 HD

I think I ended up paying 480 or something for Bioshock. Anyone knows why that is? Taxes?

#2740 OscillatingFerret

OscillatingFerret

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

For anyone who missed dishonored/ wanted it cheaper, it is $20 used at Family Video stores.

#2741 bear489

bear489

Give me them tags!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

My pick up:
Kane and Lynch - $5
Dirt 2 - $5
Tom Clancy's HAWXs - $5
El Shaddai - $3
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe - $5
Good grief my backlog is growing too fast.

#2742 Gorilla Monsoon

Gorilla Monsoon

Gorilla Monsoon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:42 AM

Overall, decent sale, not too bad at all.

#2743 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

And I'm still waiting on the last two games to download. Bought them at 10AM, 12 hours later....

#2744 Neokrw

Neokrw

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

I still have like 12 games in the backlog. Rainbow Six Las Vegas has been downloading all night. :3

#2745 drasticfyre

drasticfyre

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

I got
Maxpayne 3
Resident Evil 6
Elshaddai
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Halo Wars

#2746 drasticfyre

drasticfyre

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:19 PM

I still have like 12 games in the backlog. Rainbow Six Las Vegas has been downloading all night. :3

We'll at least you didnt boot up max payne and find out theres 3 2gig files to download to play single player :D I should've never deleted it after i got rid of the disc version.

#2747 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I think I ended up paying 480 or something for Bioshock. Anyone knows why that is? Taxes?

There was initially a glitch in the prices and you bought the game before they fixed it.

#2748 Ja7Red

Ja7Red

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:39 AM

So very disappointed. Not a single item in the sale I wanted. I would of bit on Crysis 1 and possibly some other DLC multiplayer co-op games. They should do it more often though like Steam.
Posted Image

#2749 danishmaggot

danishmaggot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

There was initially a glitch in the prices and you bought the game before they fixed it.

Ok, I might just try to contact them on that. Not really a huge deal though.

#2750 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:33 AM

I got Bioshock and the Metal Gears. Like a lot of the others, I considered the price of everything I bought as + an additional 50% off because I used my Black Friday point cards.

This sale was great, but I don't have enough space for them all. This just highlights for me the need for the next XBOX to either abandon these stupid proprietary drives and use laptop drives like the PS3 or be backwards compatible with the 360 drives. Unfortunately, I'm doubtful either will happen. It's strange that Sony, the company that seemingly hates using SD cards in their devices with a passion is actually more forward thinking on this point.

#2751 ArugulaZ

ArugulaZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Long time no see. Anyway, here's what I bought:

Street Fighter X Tekken
The King of Fighters XIII
El Shaddai
Fallout 3

I probably could have made better use of what money I had if I purchased four $5 games instead of Street Fighter X Tekken, but hey, that's what I wanted. I've been having trouble downloading everything but KOF XIII, but I'm sure I'll have a chance to get the rest eventually.

#2752 Caffeinefree

Caffeinefree

General CAG of Mystery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Geez this thing is still getting hits!?!

Follow me on Twitter I am @ThatWayneO! I post game deals, comedy, and the best darn YouTube links money can buy. If you want your feed rocked, then HERE I AM!

#2753 dinovelvet

dinovelvet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

?? Last post before yours was two months ago.

#2754 HaloGX

HaloGX

Yeah and you just bumped it. I saw it at the top of the forum and got really excited that there was a new, big Xbox Live sale. Thanks for getting my hopes up...

#2755 FawkAndSuck

FawkAndSuck

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Nice bump

#2756 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

Topic Title made me excite...then I realized I took part in this sale...months ago v_v

#2757 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:51 PM

why the hell would you bump this?

#2758 URABAHN

URABAHN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

Attention?

#2759 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:57 PM