Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 4 Pre-Order Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#31 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

Good thing I did their stupid "click here to be e-mailed when this item is available" thing on Thursday. Thanks Amazon!

#32 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

What if the launch one is the slim version and they eventually release a thick version?

Then the slim one will drop in price even more! Win Win!

#33 JYabbz

JYabbz

LFT.HVY.TK.MLTI.URDA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

I'm gonna wait for the slim version and a price drop.

Thanks anyway OP.

This, I bought 3DS and over a year later the 3DS XL is released @ a reduced price with a better library of games available and more on the way. Backlog is big enough to keep me busy plus with the release of the PS4 means cheaper PS3 games to add to the backlog. Plus I like holiday bundle deals.
Posted Image

#34 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

I want it the day it's released.

Edited by granturismo, 24 February 2013 - 06:54 AM.

#35 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:44 AM

Amazon did not sell the Wii U.

Reading comprehension wins again!

#36 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

This might be the first system I don't go day one on, I felt pretty burned the last time with the PS3, the price dropped $100 in a few months only for the damn thing to stop working right after the warranty expired.

#37 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

Was there some bit of news or what not regarding the PS4 that makes a pre-order a must? I know the hoarders are already nabbing them up but I mean real gamers. I see a new touchpad controller and that's about it.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#38 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

"Games already announced for the PlayStation 4 include first party titles Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFamous Second Son, Driveclub and Kn Games already announced for the PlayStation 4 include first party titles Killzone: Shadow Fall, inFamous Second Son, Driveclub and Knack as well as partner titles Destiny, Diablo III, Deep Down and Watch Dogs.ack as well as partner titles Destiny, Diablo III, Deep Down and Watch Dogs."

Someone needs to revise that page...

#39 red_devil32

red_devil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

there are only a few games that max out the graphics potential of the PS3. No need to upgrade yet.
I guess i will wait until the PS4 get to the $200-$300 range while enjoying PS3 games for cheap

#40 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

Console releases are bad. Especially for those of us who stick to the CAG title.

For me, I'll enjoy the constant flow of cheap games till the big price drops come along.

#41 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

The PS3 will still be launching sweet titles for at least another 2 years. I'll hold off until then. Besides that, what honestly has improved enough to make you guys want one on day 1? Seriously.

660090.png 660091.png

#42 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

The PS3 will still be launching sweet titles for at least another 2 years. I'll hold off until then. Besides that, what honestly has improved enough to make you guys want one on day 1? Seriously.

it's been 7 years since the ps3 was released. the tech is significantly better. do i need one day one? no. do i want one day one? hell yes.

7 years is a long time in tech - it's about the difference between the psp and vita, the NES and the SNES, the PS2 and PS3... heck, the xbox and 360 were only 4 years apart.

As a general rule in the US, we have far better internet, far better televisions, and far better secondary devices (vita, tablets, etc) than we did 7 years ago. All of which a new gen console like the PS4 seeks to take advantage of.

So... yes, it's now it's time to catch up. As long as we can stomach the price.

#43 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

I would LOL if the PS4 actually did somehow cost $1000. Just to see the mayhem it would create would be well worth it.

I'd still buy it.

Spoiler

#44 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

:/ Nintendo's ad campaign was weak and they released while the economy was still crap and a hurricane tore up the east coast... and 360 and PS3 bundles were selling for insane bargains for the holidays so that didn't help Wii U much either. PS4 will probably have a much better launch simply because the economy will be much stronger.. and Sony is going all out to attract gamers. :o those history of PlayStation videos.. that's some good propaganda

#45 Weedo10

Weedo10

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

Hmm.. decisions decisions. Funny enough I was super excited when the PS3 was announced, now 7 years later I can't really justify a new console. I have a bigass backlog on my PS3 and figure by the time I beat all of them the PS4 might already be cheaper.

Same here :)

#46 GodOfUncharted

GodOfUncharted

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

just wait for the black friday deals. amazon's vita deal was the best. probably going to be the same for ps4

No it won't. The PS4 will be newly released on BF. The Vita was 9 months old. Huge difference.

#47 b3b0p

b3b0p

Where's r0ckst34dy?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

It will probably be released on Black Friday.

Does anyone else not care about new consoles this time?

#48 Fluxy

Fluxy

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

when the hype is down, it wont be that price for too long. Kids wont be able to afford it.

#49 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:03 AM

when the hype is down, it wont be that price for too long. Kids wont be able to afford it.

It's a placeholder price, not the console's actual price.

#50 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Pre-ordered and paid in full, had to call in to Amazon and request to pay the full thousand now, but they gave me free two day shipping.

#51 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Damnit. I had signed up to be notified when it went up and had the page bookmarked and checked it frantically, yet I had to be at work for the hour or two that they had it up and sold out. I also didn't get a notified otherwise I would have pre-ordered on my phone while I was at work. =|
[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image

#52 Needles-Kane

Needles-Kane

White hot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:20 AM

I'm gonna wait for the slim version and a price drop.

Thanks anyway OP.

Good call, at least you won't have to worry about missing BC this time.

#53 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

wow there's already reviews on it. those lucky bastards
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#54 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

I hate buying launch consoles, because they never last. Like ever. I think every launch console I've ever purchased has malfunctioned in some way. Actually, no. My Sega Saturn and Gamecube are still working. Nintendo consoles usually last.

But man, I really want Watch Dogs on nextgen and that will be a launch title.

#55 Alamo

Alamo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Day one for sure, can't pass up Killzone. I loved Killzone 3, the online was awesome and hope this builds on it.

Add Watch Dogs and a next gen COD, it's too much. Can't wait.

#56 padlok

padlok

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I was a late comer on the Sega/SNES era. Day one 32X! Skipped sega CD. I was week one for the N64, and a year late to Playstation. Skipped Saturn. Dreamcast was already dying when I got one. I think I was day one Xbox. I bought a couple PS2's around launch with the shortage in full force. Flipped one for profit. I got the 360 about 1 year and a half into it, the RRD was already wide spread panic, so I bought the extended warranty. I got a PS3 slim on the day of release. The GameStop I got it at had a line of 20some people waiting for the delivery of the slims. Waited 2 hours. LOL.
I would love to get the new PS4 at launch or the 720 but I don't see it happening. The 360 is my primary system but Sony won me over with the announcement. MS it's your turn.

#57 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Signed up to be notified both at Amazon and Gamestop. Have to see how shipping from Amazon compares to tax from Gamestop.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 linuskinrak

linuskinrak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

I will be interested in seeing what the launch options are. Kotaku had "sources" saying there were two SKU's coming out, with one being $100 more.

http://kotaku.com/59...with-your-phone

With no vita price drop announced stateside and with all the vita integration, maybe a PS4/vita launch bundle. I love my vita and what they announced as far as remote play is a big reason I am getting a PS4 day one.

#59 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Yeah, its why they are the back up. My store is pretty good at this kinda stuff though and they know me pretty well there.

lol i think its funny how cagers say how their local bby rep or gs rep knows them pretty well. its not a good thing iv worked retail nd if u came in often...prob talk shit lol

#60 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

it's been 7 years since the ps3 was released. the tech is significantly better. do i need one day one? no. do i want one day one? hell yes.

7 years is a long time in tech - it's about the difference between the psp and vita, the NES and the SNES, the PS2 and PS3... heck, the xbox and 360 were only 4 years apart.

As a general rule in the US, we have far better internet, far better televisions, and far better secondary devices (vita, tablets, etc) than we did 7 years ago. All of which a new gen console like the PS4 seeks to take advantage of.

So... yes, it's now it's time to catch up. As long as we can stomach the price.

OK, so what we know for sure is that the graphics are prettier on the PS4. Obviously. With better hardware, it's a given. But what does it do, functionally, that the PS3 doesn't? It's just a simple question.

660090.png 660091.png