111 replies to this topic

#61 tham1988

tham1988

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Fuck

I'm really upset that I missed pre-ordering
honestly, im thinking they didnt put a limit on preorders and they are legitimately out of them

#62 RUAfraidOfTigers

RUAfraidOfTigers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Right here mostly. I'm waiting for the DRM scheme announcement before making a final decision- if you can't trade in games there is asbolutely no point. At first I was pretty exciting but then I built a decent PC and the next gen just feels like more of the same. Just a few more reasons why; insanely cheap PC games , I'm sick of no BC, what to buy MS but will never pay for XBL again, and still have a bad taste in my mouth from this gen (RRoD- thankfully didn't get it, ylod-same, cutting BC).

I might just stick with the PS3 and PC setup for a while.

Ign already confirmed no used block

#63 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:03 PM

I can't believe anyone actually thought there would be.

#64 bojay1997

bojay1997

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Actually they didn't. Sony simply said the PS4 will play used games. They said nothing about restricting publishers from implementing activation schemes that lock a game to a particular console or user or account or that require additional payments for multiplayer passes. In fact, they didn't even clearly state that they (Sony) won't implement some similar scheme. I personally believe they will allow used games at least initially just like Microsoft will, but given how PC-like both the Durango and PS4 will be, locked games are probably just a few short years away on both platforms.

#65 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Got an e-mail from Zavvi last night announcing their PS4 online pre-orders going live... you know, just in case any of you want a UK PS4 and have the gigantic balls it would take to order something like that from Zavvi, given the fact that it would probably be PS4 scrap by the time it actually arrived.

#66 Duke Silver

Duke Silver

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

When has anyone not regretted buying a console on launch? I feel like we should have learned by now...

#67 Lonedrifter1989

Lonedrifter1989

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Hmm.. decisions decisions. Funny enough I was super excited when the PS3 was announced, now 7 years later I can't really justify a new console. I have a bigass backlog on my PS3 and figure by the time I beat all of them the PS4 might already be cheaper.

Buying things because they're a good price and then not having enough hours in the day, haha. or you don't want to feel like you're only playing video games when we have plenty of things to occupy ourselves.

on another note, did anyone realize how amazon messed up the description in the ps4 by repeating themselves?

#68 R_Fated_Circle

R_Fated_Circle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

I probably won't get this on launch no matter what the price is but I'll keep my eye on it you never know. Last system I bought on launch was dreamcast so yeah I'm a wait and see price drop kind of guy when it comes to systems in most cases.

#69 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

When has anyone not regretted buying a console on launch? I feel like we should have learned by now...

Even though my original PS2 and 360 barely lasted 2 years each, I didn't regret it because both had a lot of great exclusives early in the generation.

Then again, I play and enjoy pretty much every genre, so it's easier to please me (I love my launch Vita, for instance, despite the library mostly being ports and smaller downloadable titles).

#70 KratosKilla

KratosKilla

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:21 PM

So, if we got a preorder in, what are the chances that it will be good? Also, what happens if there are two skus? Do they give you the higher sku?

Edited by KratosKilla, 23 February 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#71 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

My first concern is not having to work the day GS opens in store preorders.

True story: I got to GameStop around 7:30am the day they started taking preorders for the PS3 and there was a guy in front of me. By the time they opened at 10 there were like 7 guys behind us. My wife hit another location around 9:30am and she was 3rd in line. I don't think I will be able to leave work or be late this time around so I am praying on amazon.
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#72 djricekcn

djricekcn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

i never regreted launch console except the WiiU. so, I'll probably get this at launch...just hoping it's totally free region locked...if not, going to have to get two versions.

#73 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

I buy every console on launch day, only one I really regretted was the Wii. And I know I'll be buying the PS4 and Nextbox on day 1 too
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 PerryD

PerryD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

I've purchased nearly every console at launch, and the only systems that I regretted are the ones that had large price drops within 6 months, like the PS1 and Xbox dropping $100 or the 3DS dropping $80.

#75 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:46 AM

Pre-ordered and paid in full, had to call in to Amazon and request to pay the full thousand now, but they gave me free two day shipping.

Why in the HELL would you call in to do a special request to pay $1,000 for a console coming out in 8 months and won't cost $1,000?!?!? Just for 2 day shipping? Lol. Prime is a lot cheaper then that.
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#76 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:52 AM

Could have sworn this topic had 8 pages last time I was here
Posted ImagePosted Image

#77 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

Could have sworn this topic had 8 pages last time I was here

Phantom moderation on all threads tonight like WOAH

#78 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:59 AM

Why in the HELL would you call in to do a special request to pay $1,000 for a console coming out in 8 months and won't cost $1,000?!?!? Just for 2 day shipping? Lol. Prime is a lot cheaper then that.

C'mon dude...really? Sometimes sarcasm on the internet can be subtle, but that was a pretty obvious joke.

#79 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Phantom moderation on all threads tonight like WOAH

Yeah...for some reason my post about hopin I don't have to work the day GS opens preorders was deleted.

#80 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:09 AM

I just hope they actually produce a decent amount of these. Theres no reason why consoles should actually be rare on launch day.

I'm hoping to pre-order either way, but I'd prefer if I didn't only have a 1 day window to do so.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#81 VexxedCS

VexxedCS

Dirty Nihilist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

I just hope they actually produce a decent amount of these. Theres no reason why consoles should actually be rare on launch day.

I'm hoping to pre-order either way, but I'd prefer if I didn't only have a 1 day window to do so.

Artificial Scarcity. Just look how people reacted negatively to the Wii U actually being on store shelves.

#82 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Artificial Scarcity. Just look how people reacted negatively to the Wii U actually being on store shelves.

Eh I guess. Still, seems like you would get more sales from the console actually being available than from hyping the thing up and barely being able to cover pre-orders.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#83 jimmywolf

jimmywolf

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Eh I guess. Still, seems like you would get more sales from the console actually being available than from hyping the thing up and barely being able to cover pre-orders.

in my opinion it perceived value, you see it on every shelf you wont think it worth much, you can buy it at any time. but if it got lot hype as a awesome hard too buy new game machine, your more likely too try buy it sooner then later. an when it hard for you too pre order or find it in store that average game machine becomes a item too gloat about an feel a sense of pride in owning. in till the new shiny effect wears off then buyer remorse may kick in

this just my cynical analyzes i looking forward too getting ps4 day 1 as i enjoy Sony
Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise.

#84 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:48 AM

Eh I guess it depends on the item. If its like a Collectors Edition or something that I'm finding all over on day one, then yeah I'm likely gonna cancel it. But for a console, if I have to go way out of my way to find one when I know it'll just be available later, chances are I'd just wait for a price drop/better availability. Especially if there isn't one of those "Omg must have!" games at launch
Posted ImagePosted Image

#85 SGRX

SGRX

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

I can see the reasoning behind artificial scarcity. It's basically free advertising, creates viral hype for the system, and distracts people from the probably underwhelming list of launch titles. That said, the current generation of consoles really burned me out on lining up for a chance to line up later, and if I can't just pre-order one without going through contortions, I'm just going to wait until it's more readily available if not cheaper.

#86 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

Ill likely get a ps4 at launch if I get get a pre-order at gamestop since I can cut the price down a lot through trading and making payments till it comes out. Hoping at E3 they have the launch line up set cause nothing looks to interesting for me yet.

#87 BiggNick

BiggNick

One Man Army

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Posted as of 02/21/13, PS4 will play used games: http://www.eurogamer...-yoshida-on-ps4

Eurogamer: One of the questions my readers really want an answer to is whether you're going to block the use of second-hand or 'used' games, because it's a huge concern for them.

Shuhei Yoshida: Do you want us to do that?

Eurogamer: No. I think if you buy something on a disc you have a kind of moral contract with the person you've bought it from that you retain some of that value and you can pass it on. Do you agree?

Shuhei Yoshida: Yes. That's the general expectation by consumers. They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that's my expectation.

Eurogamer: So if someone buys a PlayStation 4 game, you're not going to stop them reselling it?

Shuhei Yoshida Aaaah. [Asks PR adviser.] So what was our official answer to our internal question? [Consults adviser.] So, used games can play on PS4. How is that?

Eurogamer: That's great. So in past generations, you had the PS2 with third-party exclusives, amazing marketing and the DVD player that helped it to be successful. With the PS3 the exclusive games were harder because it cost too much and the marketing was harder because at that point everyone else was making cool-looking electronic devices too, but you still had Blu-ray to give you an advantage.

Every man dies; not every man really lives...

#88 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

So, any idea how much this thing's gonna cost?

#89 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

Hoping Best Buy has pre-orders available soon. Would probably have to put $50 down, but would end up getting a nice RZ cert.
607033.png

#90 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

I don't think its likely you will see any pre-orders up till they announce a price and release date.