PS3 question

TheCB2

CAG Veteran
so i was looking at getting a ps3, was wondering what all of you thought of those super slims? i hear both sides of the argument and i have been leery of them since they came out for being too cheap. Thanks for any imput!

It looks ok door above drive is what most complain about looking cheap. The noise of drive isnt bad just super super picky people. I liked my friends alot so bought one.

No major complaints here either. Picked up the Uncharted/Infamous bundle from November-December. Drive door slides open pretty violently from the cheap spring(s). I have mine nestled in the bottom shelf my tv stand, upright (not the most stable, but stable enough--I don't exactly live near railroad tracks so I take my chances) and it's not any louder than my 360 when the game isn't installed.

I would go with the super slim. This is an Xbox 360 oriented website---you can't deny that. There was a lot of "I'm so loud" "It's so cheap" complaints BEFORE it came out and it has kind of leveled out. I'm willing to bet most of the complaints came from people that don't own one.

...and furthermore I've yet to read any articles that mention problems with failure rates.

My slim PS3 was acting flaky recently, so to be on the safe side I traded it in & picked up the GoW super slim. No complaints, seems very well made and runs cool. The system is quiet overall. You can hear the drive reading the disk at times, but it isn't really loud - just sounds different from what I'm used to. You don't hear the fans at all tho. And the door is different, but I have no issues with it. Mine opens smoothly. I have it sitting vertical tho, I imagine if you stood it horizontally it would open a lot faster. I've never been one for standing a console up myself.

I don't understand the noise complaints. I have one of the super slims and it's nearly silent. I can occasionally hear the disc read if my house is silent and there is no music or sound effects going on in a game, but that's an awfully rare occurrence.

The door on top does feel kind of cheap, and I obviously have no idea about longevity, but so far I've had no issues with it.

bread's done
Back