Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Ultimate Game Sale Feb. 26th-March 4th It's on!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hm, Portal 2 is very tempting. But the backlog is staring at me...
Posted Image

#32 Korahn

Korahn

Beyond Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

Cheap beans on Fable 3. For $10 i would've snagged it, but for $30... no thanks. I wonder if I can use my "American" account to buy it but still play it on my regular account.
Posted Image

#33 Skinkybob

Skinkybob

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, some of the differences between the American and Canadian prices are ridiculous. I would have picked up Fable III as well, but not for $30. That's the cheapest I've seen Portal 2 though.

#34 Jouvert

Jouvert

Don't Stop Believin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

Cheap beans on Fable 3. For $10 i would've snagged it, but for $30... no thanks. I wonder if I can use my "American" account to buy it but still play it on my regular account.

You can. Once you buy it on your US account and download it to your 360 then the game becomes registered to that particular machine. So any account logged into that particular 360 can then play the game.

#35 Korahn

Korahn

Beyond Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

Meh. Everytime I try to add a payment method it wants a valid address and if that address doesn't match, then the payment may or may not go through. Not worth all the hassle. Fable 3 will go for cheap somewhere someday.
Posted Image

#36 ErBoProxy

ErBoProxy

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Some deals us Canadians are getting : Max Payne 3 at $40, Left 4 Dead 2 at $ 30, Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 at $ 25 and Peace Walker at $ 20.

Is there a mistake in the pricing or we're stuck with those "deals" ?

#37 musdy

musdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Some deals us Canadians are getting : Max Payne 3 at $40, Left 4 Dead 2 at $ 30, Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 at $ 25 and Peace Walker at $ 20.

Is there a mistake in the pricing or we're stuck with those "deals" ?

Weird, Max Payne 3 is showing up as $15 and those others are $10.

#38 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Seems like there's a discrepancy with the prices shown online and what we actually get through the 360 dashbord.

http://marketplace.x...-game-sale-0303

The ridiculous triple prices didn't seem wrong when I saw them earlier, given they pulled that for Fable 3 yesterday...

Edited by ragnar14, 03 March 2013 - 08:35 PM.
typo

Posted Image

#39 Korahn

Korahn

Beyond Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

These "Ultimate Sales" really don't seem to apply to Canada it seems. Well, $5 for Bioshock - may as well.
Posted Image

#40 dotCody

dotCody

The night is dark... and full of terrors.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

These "Ultimate Sales" really don't seem to apply to Canada it seems. Well, $5 for Bioshock - may as well.

They do on the Dashboard, just not on Xbox.com/en-Ca

#41 BellardB

BellardB

Get your head in the game!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:08 PM

All of the sales are much better if you pay with Microsoft points instead of credit card. For example: $15 games show as 1040 points, $10 = 680, $5 = 360 and some of the $3 games show as 200. Some of the games like Max Payne 3 don't even show the sale price unless you switch to points. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Canada gets Dirt 2 for cheaper than US as well. It's showing as $3.

#42 Korahn

Korahn

Beyond Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

They do on the Dashboard, just not on Xbox.com/en-Ca

The prices are still different on a number of them than they are for US. Some of these "sales" are no cheaper than hopping over to Wal-Mart and grabbing the game from the bargain bins.
Posted Image

#43 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:31 PM

My theory is that Xbox live is preparing for their own version of PS+'s instant game collection. So this is a last ditch effort to cash in as much as possible on all of these bargain bin titles before they start phasing them into the game collection.
Posted Image

#44 anikan72

anikan72

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

The Mortal Kombat sale today is a joke. That game is $20 in stores, it should be $10 on a digital download sale.

#45 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

The Mortal Kombat sale today is a joke. That game is $20 in stores, it should be $10 on a digital download sale.

If that. I told myself I'd pick it up for $4.99-5.99.

#46 strife18

strife18

Finger Ling-ling Good!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

MK is a pretty good fighting game. It was the first one I'd played since the arcade days. Lots of content and is fun just for nostalgia's sake.

I picked it up just after it came out on a $40 FS sale...then sold the included Reptile classic costume code on ebay for $60...

Ahh...stupid people, the funny thing is that they released the classic costume pack a few weeks later for $10.
Posted Image

#47 DMPugh

DMPugh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

Isn't the bigger joke that the first iteration of Street Fighter IV is priced the same as the last?

#48 Stanger31

Stanger31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

I gotta say, this was a bad sale. I'm not sure how they can classify it as 'Ultimate'. I'll give them credit for $2.99 games, but more games that are 5 years old+ need to be at this price - permanently - for digital download type copies. If you want the disc, I understand a $4.99 price tag for old games. Even $4.99 was nice to see, but to me it feels like this should be a much more common occurrence.

I guess I'm also jaded because of the sale prices that some games have already been out at and then they get jacked back up for months, only to finally be dropped back down to reality and they call this a 'sale'. Max Payne 3 being $5 cheaper than it was 3 months ago isn't an 'ultimate' sale.

#49 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I gotta say, this was a bad sale.

El Shaddai for $2.49 made the whole sale worth it for me. Sales like this, I'm impressed if I manage to get anything out of them.

#50 Stanger31

Stanger31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:21 AM

El Shaddai for $2.49 made the whole sale worth it for me. Sales like this, I'm impressed if I manage to get anything out of them.

I seriously looked at it, but with my back log of games and the reviews, it just didn't seem like my kind of game, or that I'd get around to playing it... ever. I can appreciate the few cheap games and I know there is always a bunch of people that do like these games... Just not my style.

I'll keep my money for now...

#51 Jogurt the Yogurt

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

I seriously looked at it, but with my back log of games and the reviews, it just didn't seem like my kind of game, or that I'd get around to playing it... ever. I can appreciate the few cheap games and I know there is always a bunch of people that do like these games... Just not my style.

I'll keep my money for now...

Yep, that's usually the case for me too. That's why if I can get one game out of a "blowout" sale like this I consider it a victory. :) Usually it's all the same old tat. (This sale was pretty much the same old tat, too.)

Hilariously, I saw Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition at Future Shop, new, for $19.99, the same price as this Games on Demand regular DLC-free edition. Briefly considered the retail copy.

#52 Korahn

Korahn

Beyond Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:49 AM

Ended up grabbing SSF IV: AE and Bioshock. Been having fun with Street fighter (even though I already owned the original SF4 release) and played a bit of Bioshock (not as hooked on it as people say one should be).
Posted Image

#53 BellardB

BellardB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:06 AM

Ended up grabbing SSF IV: AE and Bioshock. Been having fun with Street fighter (even though I already owned the original SF4 release) and played a bit of Bioshock (not as hooked on it as people say one should be).

Bioshock = overhyped. Still well worth playing though. I give it 8/10.

#54 Korahn

Korahn

Beyond Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:37 PM

Bioshock = overhyped. Still well worth playing though. I give it 8/10.

I'm seeing that. I mean the atmosphere and scenery are amazing and I'm sure the story is pretty good, but the gameplay itself just isn't doing it for me. Still, for $5, it's less than the cost of a rental.
Posted Image

#55 Stanger31

Stanger31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:55 AM

I'm seeing that. I mean the atmosphere and scenery are amazing and I'm sure the story is pretty good, but the gameplay itself just isn't doing it for me. Still, for $5, it's less than the cost of a rental.

Bioshock was great... but perhaps if you didn't play it when it came out years ago, it might not be as good by today's standards. I liked the whole story and the world they created was amazing. I'd happily still pay $10 if I didn't own it already.

#56 BellardB

BellardB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

The ridiculously high enemy respawn rate detracted from the wonderful atmosphere. I think I enjoyed the story...sometimes the old timey slang made it hard to follow what was going on. I remember LOLing at parts that weren't meant to be funny cause they went so over the top with the 50's lingo.

#57 Stanger31

Stanger31

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

The ridiculously high enemy respawn rate detracted from the wonderful atmosphere. I think I enjoyed the story...sometimes the old timey slang made it hard to follow what was going on. I remember LOLing at parts that weren't meant to be funny cause they went so over the top with the 50's lingo.

Ok... You got me there. I can't even argue that.