About to give up on finding Rock Band Stratocasters at even MSRP.

Deserter Goose

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (100%)
360 version ones, if that wasn't clear by the icon. Heck, at this point, I'd almost bite on a Guitar Hero one, although I can't even find those at MSRP (and I hate the fact that they don't have the solo buttons near the bottom of the neck - love those to death).

So far, the cheapest new ones I regularly find online are the Rock Band 3/RHCP DLC bundles on Amazon and those are $120 (third party markups, as per the norm). I know they're no longer in production, too, and they're just going to get harder and harder to find as time goes on. I have maybe one decent one in my collection left, and it's not going to last forever (I've gone through at least two others in the four years I've been playing - some just don't seem to hold up well).

Right now, I can't think of anyone else that sells them. Gamestop's been cleared out for well over a year, major retailers got rid of 'em before even then, Craigslist is a crapshoot and I maybe see a used one on there once a month, etc. I'm hoping that maybe someone else knows of another place that sells them even at MSRP (which was around $80 back in the old days), but I realize that's probably a pipe dream at this point in time. Can't hurt to try, though (I hope).

Anyway... thanks for taking the time to listen to my rant. And thanks even more if you can help me out.

I think I still have a whole rockband set laying around in my parents basement from when I moved most recently. I have the guitar, drums, and also the bass guitar (Fender maybe???) is it really worth selling? Probably is because I don't have a 360 anymore either.

Things like this will always only go up. They will wear down with immense usage (which many of them get), and many people have invested large sums of money in their track library, so they will want to play it years after this gen has ended. I have (at least) 5 for the 360 alone. I had no idea they had gone up so much, but it's not surprising either. I clicked in thinking you were talking about the REAL RB strat, not the plastic version. I don't even want to think about what that is probably going for now.

A great place to go I have found out is goodwill, or any other thrift store. I have bought about 3 working guitars for rock band for 2.99 or less each all in working condition.

I see Guitar hero controllers at goodwill from time to time. Try there, i'll be on the look out for the Rock Band one for you.

hey I've been brosing through my craigslist and see alot of xbox ones. Are you willing to pay 80 for a used one or only looking for new?

Big thanks to all of you for replying with some info. Not looking for the true Strat that they produced for RB3, no - just the normal plastic ones. You know, I haven't been to Goodwill in probably at least eight months, but I never saw any when I went before; wouldn't hurt to try to swing by there more often again, though.

And to anyone who was possibly interested in selling: I'm not looking to spend so much (especially not $80) for used. I tend to shy away from the used ones that people sell online since so many are defective from the get-go, can get damaged in transit, or are worn down from use (and I cringe at the thought of having to try to return anything like this and getting a full refund).

You can try local flea markets, I have found a few of my guitars for $2 to $5 dollars, last week I found one for $2 , also found a mint PS Vita with 4 games (mortal kombat, FIFA soccer, Uncharted and unit 13 for $150, you may also wanna check pawn shops, last Sunday I saw some rockband and guitar hero guitars on clearance some from $5 to $10 bucks, good luck!

Oh wow, I didn't realize these were in such high-demand. I was able to snag a third one of these in The Beatles bundle when K-Mart was clearing these out for $40. I sold the game for $10 so I essentially have an extra microphone, drum set, and drums still need for $30.

bread's done
Back