Witcher 2 Collectors Edition PC = $20 / Doom 3 BFG Edition PC = $10 + More

sainrub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
252 (100%)
:pc: Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Collectors Edition
Coupon Code = EMCXVVP27
Regular price = $49.99 / $19.99 after coupon.
Free Shipping
24 Hour Sale

:pc: DOOM 3 BFG EDITION
Coupon Code = EMCXVVP33
Regular price = $19.99 / $9.99 after coupon
Free Shipping
48 Hour Sale

:pc: Dishonored
Coupon Code = EMCXVVP94
$24.99 after coupon
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:pc: WOW: Mists of Pandaria
Coupon Code = EMCXVVP95
$18.99 after coupon
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:360: Borderlands 2
:ps3: Borderlands 2
$39.99
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:360: Dragon Ball Z for Kinect
$19.99
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:ps3: Devil May Cry HD Collection
$15.99
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

:3ds: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy
$10.99
Free Shipping
72 Hour Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bshirk']Also, Dishonored is $25, Mists of Pandaria is $19 and Ace Combat (3DS) is $11.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help bro, took longer than I expected to post this thread. :lol:

[quote name='GBAstar']Damn I think I bought the Witcher 2 CE from them for $35 not too long ago.

OH well.[/QUOTE]

I remember that sale, was very close to buying it then. Sorry you lost monies on it cagbro!

Bought Witcher 2 CE...even though I own the the game on Steam AND the Dark Edition on 360. But I do love the series and with the massive hype for the 3rd game, this is a great deal. $20 is the MSRP for the digital version anyway, and this copy should be redeemable on GoG too.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Bought Witcher 2 CE...even though I own the the game on Steam AND the Dark Edition on 360. But I do love the series and with the massive hype for the 3rd game, this is a great deal. $20 is the MSRP for the digital version anyway, and this copy should be redeemable on GoG too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making me feel better about biting and also owning. :D

Watch out for the Witcher 2 CE, I ordered from Newegg a few months ago b/c of a sale I saw on CAG and they were damaged (and I was not the only one who received damaged Witcher 2 CEs.)

See thread here.

I also bought it even though I already have it on steam. I kinda regretted it until I saw the unboxing video. $20 for all that stuff isn't bad at all.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Watch out for the Witcher 2 CE, I ordered from Newegg a few months ago b/c of a sale I saw on CAG and they were damaged (and I was not the only one who received damaged Witcher 2 CEs.)

See thread here.[/QUOTE]Damn, this is really making me think twice about ordering... but $20 is a great price (even though I haven't even opened my regular edition :D).

Did you end up keeping your copy or returning it?

EDIT: Screw it, took a chance and ordered... can't escape the CAG backlog curse. I'm a total sucker for cool outer boxes.

Just grabbed Witcher 2. Been looking for a good deal on just the digital game, but this is worth it with all the extras. My girlfriend will probably kill me, but its okay

Wha...? Why did I just buy the Witcher 2 CE for $19.99 when I've barely played the :360: version? The extras are pretty cool, and you can't go wrong with 80% off, so I guess I'll live. :D

[quote name='RainFall']There is an issue with promo code EMCXVVP27. Please check promo code again or contact customer service.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you need to have received the newsletter in order to get the promo? I am subscribed to this newsletter, so it works for me...

[quote name='bruceg']Maybe you need to have received the newsletter in order to get the promo? I am subscribed to this newsletter, so it works for me...[/QUOTE]

This is almost certainly the issue; the site keeps track of whether you're on "the list" when you log in to use the code and it won't work if you didn't get a newsletter. The code is not a glitch; this is an advertised sale price for newsletter subscribers.

[quote name='warreni']This is almost certainly the issue; the site keeps track of whether you're on "the list" when you log in to use the code and it won't work if you didn't get a newsletter. The code is not a glitch; this is an advertised sale price for newsletter subscribers.[/QUOTE]

You need to enter your email address in the Promo section.

Then it will allow you to enter the code.

[quote name='ferris182']You need to enter your email address in the Promo section.

Then it will allow you to enter the code.[/QUOTE]

Yes, or be already logged in to the site, but I don't think it will allow non-subscribers to use the code. I've tried this before when I wasn't a subscriber and it said I was ineligible to use the promo code.

[quote name='rpnguyen']Watch out for the Witcher 2 CE, I ordered from Newegg a few months ago b/c of a sale I saw on CAG and they were damaged (and I was not the only one who received damaged Witcher 2 CEs.)

See thread here.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, if anyone has Shoprunner you can send returns back postage paid for free if you have to. Hopefully it won't come down to that though.

The game and the large hardcover art book and all the other extras are still easily worth more than $20 even without the statue. If someone ends up getting a damaged one then maybe you can just talk their customer service into giving you a $5 or $10 credit or something.

And yes it will register to GOG and highly recommend doing so and downloading that version because it will be the most up to date as they have done a ton of updates since release some of which were quite extensive.

I suspected it wouldn't take long for W2 to sell out. I went back and forth on this, but there just wasn't enough interesting stuff in the CE for me to justify slapping down another $20 on this game. It's a great game but in this case CD Projekt was a victim of its own awesome standard packaging. I pre-ordered the standard edition through a British online retailer on the cheap and it comes with most of the stuff in the CE (excluding large art book, Geralt head [and I just can't see what the hell I would do with that], playing cards, coins and dice). However, this was a ridiculously-good deal for anyone who didn't already own a physical copy of the game.

Thanks OP! It's reassuring to see I'm not the only one who couldn't resist the siren song of Witcher 2 CE. Now do I play on the PC or on the Xbox360 version sitting on my shelf...

Lucky I jumped on Witcher 2 before leaving for work, I already have it on X360 and I don't have a PC, but still, $20 is unbelievable! Thanks OP!

[quote name='stavros45']Thanks OP! It's reassuring to see I'm not the only one who couldn't resist the siren song of Witcher 2 CE. Now do I play on the PC or on the Xbox360 version sitting on my shelf...[/QUOTE]

I also have the 360 version but will definitely be playing this on my PC. I have the first still to play, and actually played for a while on the 360, but I think it will definitely play better/look much better on PC

[quote name='warreni']I suspected it wouldn't take long for W2 to sell out. I went back and forth on this, but there just wasn't enough interesting stuff in the CE for me to justify slapping down another $20 on this game. It's a great game but in this case CD Projekt was a victim of its own awesome standard packaging. I pre-ordered the standard edition through a British online retailer on the cheap and it comes with most of the stuff in the CE (excluding large art book, Geralt head [and I just can't see what the hell I would do with that], playing cards, coins and dice). However, this was a ridiculously-good deal for anyone who didn't already own a physical copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, and I guess that's not much now with it being sold out, I have a bunch of various collector's editions and the art book for this is one is large and one of the nicer ones I've come across.

The head is a bit odd but I kind of like it. I don't often come across a plaster bust of a game character.

I already own Witcher 2 on the 360 but I couldn't pass up all the extras of the CE version for $20. Thank you for posting, OP!

Wish I would have remembered to use my Shoprunner account though, oh well, I was in a hurry this morning.

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW, and I guess that's not much now with it being sold out, I have a bunch of various collector's editions and the art book for this is one is large and one of the nicer ones I've come across.

The head is a bit odd but I kind of like it. I don't often come across a plaster bust of a game character.[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit of a CE collector myself (only cheap ones), but I just couldn't pull the trigger on this. I'm pretty sure the art book is the same one that comes as a pdf with the Gog digital version, so if I get a hankering for Witcher art, I can download it sometime.

I can just imagine the look my wife would have given me over this. She already looked askance at my giant SW:TOR and Two Worlds II Royal Edition boxes. :D

[quote name='warreni']I'm a bit of a CE collector myself (only cheap ones), but I just couldn't pull the trigger on this. I'm pretty sure the art book is the same one that comes as a pdf with the Gog digital version, so if I get a hankering for Witcher art, I can download it sometime.

I can just imagine the look my wife would have given me over this. She already looked askance at my giant SW:TOR and Two Worlds II Royal Edition boxes. :D[/QUOTE]

Just tell her they are purely for investment purposes, that's what I do.

[quote name='Asgardian']Just tell her they are purely for investment purposes, that's what I do.[/QUOTE]

She knows better. ;)

[quote name='warreni']I'm a bit of a CE collector myself (only cheap ones), but I just couldn't pull the trigger on this. I'm pretty sure the art book is the same one that comes as a pdf with the Gog digital version, so if I get a hankering for Witcher art, I can download it sometime.

I can just imagine the look my wife would have given me over this. She already looked askance at my giant SW:TOR and Two Worlds II Royal Edition boxes. :D[/QUOTE]

See this is why digital downloads are better, much easier to hide. :lol:

Definitely would have bitten on the Witcher 2 CE at that price, if for nothing more than the physical artbook. PDF's nice, but I like to actually own those things.

Grats to anyone who nabbed it. Maybe we'll get a random restock someday.

See thread here.[/QUOTE]
I just received my CE, and I highly doubt these are new. They looked like repackaged goods from amazon (found an exclusive amazon only dlc card inside).

Tons of black dust everywhere on the content and on my hands. Artbook had creases on the bottom. Outside packaging was halfway cut with what looks like from a box cutter. Inside the packaging where the statue was resting, had a hole in it. Statue also covered in black dust with imperfections.

If it wasn't for the items covered in black dust on mine, I might had kept it for $20 but this is unacceptable for what newegg is selling for new.

bread's done
Back