SimCity (2013) Official Thread

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#91 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yes, people wanting their money back for a product they cannot use are soooo crazy.

:roll:

Retail Defenders are the reason why DRM gets more and more invasive with each passing quarter.

Megazell's Free and Legal PC Games!

http://freeandlegalpcgames.wordpress.com/

It's free or Fuck it!

#92 scrub0bk

scrub0bk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

I played last night no problem. Granted i need to get used to the controls real bad

#93 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

I played last night no problem. Granted i need to get used to the controls real bad

Every time I read these I can't help but think of those Prison documentaries on A&E where inmates say something like..."I've never been raped." and then they show stats where 8 out of 10 inmates are treated for anal tearing.

Get the jelly ready.

It's free or Fuck it!

#94 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

I lol'd.

#95 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

EA now asking their affiliates to stop "actively promoting" the game.

http://www.polygon.c...iliates-to-stop

This shit gets funnier as every day passes. Couldn't be happening to a better company.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#96 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

So it's getting ugly now?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#97 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

So it's getting ugly now?

I'd say most definitely. Between people STILL not being able to play, them having to disable features, Amazon halting sales, and now affiliates being told to stop advertising the game, this is without a doubt a HUGE black eye for EA.

Honestly, I believe the only way for them to really save face would be to put out a press release stating that they're going to remove the stupid always on DRM so people can actually play. They wont do that though. They'll just continue to be stubborn and look like complete morons, which is fine by me. I've got my popcorn.

Posted Image

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#98 maguszxz

maguszxz

Vote Drake/Sully

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

I'd say most definitely. Between people STILL not being able to play, them having to disable features, Amazon halting sales, and now affiliates being told to stop advertising the game, this is without a doubt a HUGE black eye for EA.

Honestly, I believe the only way for them to really save face would be to put out a press release stating that they're going to remove the stupid always on DRM so people can actually play. They wont do that though. They'll just continue to be stubborn and look like complete morons, which is fine by me. I've got my popcorn.

Posted Image

Sadly, I don't have popcorn. But I do have this

Posted Image

I got it and now, my weekend is set for 20 bucks.

fs_overall.png

blackwindguy.png

#99 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

Best Buy in NYC pulled it from the shelves.

It's free or Fuck it!

#100 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

http://www.ea.com/ne...or-your-trouble

And to get us back in your good graces, we’re going to offer you a free PC download game from the EA portfolio. On March 18, SimCity players who have activated their game will receive an email telling them how to redeem their free game.

If it's for any game that wouldn't be bad, I bet it's the cheap games most people got for free a few months ago.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#101 Nyxaz

Nyxaz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:37 AM

Interesting. Free game almost makes me want to buy it, if I could get it for less than $60.

Any deals out there this weekend? Maybe GMG and their usual 25% off anything?

#102 LlamaNinja

LlamaNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well amazon, best buy, and walmart WAS giving a 20 dollar credit but a little late now. If you care to join me my name on origin is LlamaNinja.
Posted Image

#103 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

Well amazon, best buy, and walmart WAS giving a 20 dollar credit but a little late now. If you care to join me my name on origin is LlamaNinja.

Ya I paid $60 in Amazon credit, got $20 in Amazon credit back, and now a free game not a bad deal. The game has been working much better for me, connection problems are almost completely gone.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#104 testisbest

testisbest

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:11 PM

And to get us back in your good graces, we’re going to offer you a free PC download game from the EA portfolio. On March 18, SimCity players who have activated their game will receive an email telling them how to redeem their free game.

If it's for any game that wouldn't be bad, I bet it's the cheap games most people got for free a few months ago.

I'd trade that free game for a working non-DRM version of Sim City.

#105 screwkick

screwkick

\m/ >< \m/

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

EA just announced what the free game will be:

Posted Image

#106 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Thought about getting this, but then the Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle went on sale on Steam for $10. I'll go with that instead.

#107 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:52 AM

So are the servers pretty much fixed now ?

#108 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

So are the servers pretty much fixed now ?

No. They are not 100% yet. 60% to 70%. Though some places like California and ppl from the East are claiming they are worst on Twitter.

That box art is hot though.

It's free or Fuck it!

#109 KhaosX

KhaosX

overwhelming Power?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

So as this game is somewhat playable, guys interested in setting up a CAG region?

#110 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

i have had no issues on the game last two days and i play on west number 2 server game is amazing

#111 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

im hearing it's going ot be dumb 4.99 games cheap arcade stuff

#112 Sycowulf

Sycowulf

Somewhat Damaged

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

From the patch notes that just went through...

- We've opened 1 new server: Antarctica

wtf? lol

#113 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

From the patch notes that just went through...

- We've opened 1 new server: Antarctica

wtf? lol

nothing like it being deadly cold outside and play sim city 24/7 just saying lol

#114 boneless

boneless

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

I'm interested if we setup a CAG region. My origin ID is carousel_9. I play pretty late at night though. Usually west coast 2 or oceania. Btw is that server pacific ocean or somewhere else?

#115 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

FYI: SimCity LE for 27.62$

#116 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'm interested if we setup a CAG region. My origin ID is carousel_9. I play pretty late at night though. Usually west coast 2 or oceania. Btw is that server pacific ocean or somewhere else?

it's asia and austrilia server but really that don't matter all the servers are in same location they just name them dif you cna join any server

#117 iKilledChewbacca

iKilledChewbacca

Trading Time Out (Under Investigation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

FYI: SimCity LE for 27.62$

worked digital deluxe for $45 !! Hell yeah. Its even working and in English.

....hmmm....I wonder if I will get the offer for the "free" game (madden 04) hahaha

#118 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

I get the feeling that this is already being swept under the rug.

The stories I'm seeing today are more about EA's response (free game and more servers). These new narratives have less and less to do with the fact that it is a fundamentally flawed single-player game, whose flaws have everything to do with corporate bullying (not protections) that actively ignores the user experience. It's not just the always-on thing, either, from what I'm reading the whole region-dynamics thing is unreliable. The title was rushed, I've seen discussions of bugs that are really surprising.

Anyhow, in the big picture for the industry, the SC2013 experience seems like it'll go down as a baby step past the D3 experience. I guess it'll take another 20-30 bullshit always-on DRM launches before the real point finally takes hold?

EDIT: So RPG is keeping the main lesson from this incident alive, but they're a specialized outlet. This has come and gone for general news folks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#119 Megazell

Megazell

Linux Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

^ That is why I don't put my money in their direction.

It's free or Fuck it!

#120 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

I get the feeling that this is already being swept under the rug.

The stories I'm seeing today are more about EA's response (free game and more servers). These new narratives have less and less to do with the fact that it is a fundamentally flawed single-player game, whose flaws have everything to do with corporate bullying (not protections) that actively ignores the user experience. It's not just the always-on thing, either, from what I'm reading the whole region-dynamics thing is unreliable. The title was rushed, I've seen discussions of bugs that are really surprising.

Anyhow, in the big picture for the industry, the SC2013 experience seems like it'll go down as a baby step past the D3 experience. I guess it'll take another 20-30 bullshit always-on DRM launches before the real point finally takes hold?

EDIT: So RPG is keeping the main lesson from this incident alive, but they're a specialized outlet. This has come and gone for general news folks.

the game IS NOT fundamentally flawed yes it had issues first couple days but since friday they have fixed alot of bugs with patches unless you have played the game plz don't bash it. Before you ask no im not a EA fan boy only games i buy from them are sims and sim city. The game is soo much fun playing in a region with people then i think it would be playing by yourself which i have tried in my own private region and was boring. The game is a must buy for any sim city fan and sims fan server issues are still there but they are veyr very minor.