NewEgg PlayStation Sale *Expires 2/28/13 midnight*

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#61 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

I disagree. If you've watched the series of videos of the guy that takes a sledgehammer to all the different consoles, the super-slim held up very, very well -- better than any other console I've seen him take a hammer to. Edit: Here's the video:

I wish I could afford to buy consoles just to beat the piss out of them with a sledgehammer. I don't think physical durability is a major concern with most people. Unless you're taking your PS3 with you everywhere you go, it's not going to see much physical abuse. It's more of an aesthetic preference. The regular slim just "appears" to be made of better quality materials and is more appealing to look at. There also seem to be many people who prefer the slot loading disc drive. As in my case, where I have my PS3 located, there is only about 3 inches of clearance above it, so a slot loading disc drive makes more sense.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#62 Video-Gamer

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Anybody know how Sony does the pack-in games on these bundles? I've been looking to get a PS3 again for a couple games I never got around to and are still coming (Beyond, Last of Us, ect.) and if I can trade in the games from the Most Wanted or AC3 bundle for $20 making the system ~$220, that might just be cheap enough for me.

I never got a game that was in a sleeve when I bought 2 PS3 bundles. All were in their factory cases.

#63 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

The superslim I got last November with Uncharted 1+2 and Infamous 1+2 both came in paper sleeves.

#64 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:50 PM

No.. it isn't. What do you like better about it? The lack of a real disk drive? the cheap thin plastic feel? I understand if you like the compact size, but its far cheaper and far poorer made than the last ones.

Well - you can have your opinion - but it doesn't feel cheap and it's considerably smaller, both positive attributes. Also, the top loading optical drive should outlast slot or tray loading drives for the simple reason that it has less moving parts.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#65 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I heard it's louder than the previous model, is this true?
Posted Image

#66 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

Damn, I was really REALLY hoping Amazon would price match the AC3 Bundle. With a day left, it doesn't look like that will happen

#67 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

I heard it's louder than the previous model, is this true?

#68 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Damn, I never realized how loud the fatty was.

#69 Unseen77

Unseen77

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:27 PM

After watching as couple of videos I went ahead and pulled the Trigger on Sorcery. It does look like one of those game that was under radar and looks to be a pretty epic adventure.

Now I just got to find where I put that Move mote at.

#70 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

im really tempted to get a PS3 draw combo pack so I can use the tablet with my PC.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#71 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

What the Fuck is that guy beating on PS3 that's console cruelty he should be locked up in prison!

#72 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

Doom 3 $10

Also don't see it. Link, please?

#73 JohnnyS5

JohnnyS5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

Didn't scan the whole thread, but is New Vegas PS3 still become an unplayable mess 50+ hours in? Really wanted to get back into it, but I'm hesitant.
Posted Image

#74 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Didn't scan the whole thread, but is New Vegas PS3 still become an unplayable mess 50+ hours in? Really wanted to get back into it, but I'm hesitant.

I think someone said that it has been patched and is playable.

#75 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

I am actually tempted to buy the 500GB PS3 for gamesharing, but I'll live with my current 320GB PS3. I wanted two PS3s, but I'll save my money.

Great deal on the 500GB PS3 though. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#76 Timenice

Timenice

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

Any one know if best buy will price match the uncharted 3 price when it's sold out?

#77 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

You think AC3 bundle get cheaper soon since 720 end of year i heard? I hate to buy then hits 50 cheaper or more within 3-6 months.

Also how slow free ship on consoles preorders is 2-3 ups always. hope it ships ups my building sucks for usps.

#78 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Uncharted 3 still sold out. god damnett Newegg, it better not magically come back in stock tomorrow or I'll be super pissed.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#79 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Uncharted 3 still sold out. god damnett Newegg, it better not magically come back in stock tomorrow or I'll be super pissed.

No, Newegg doesn't play those games.
[cough]Sleeping Dogs[cough]

#80 Ogami Itto

Ogami Itto

Your what hurts now?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks. I used to have a phat one and the noise was really distracting.
Posted Image

#81 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I ordered a PS3 Udraw bundle.

I just wanted it to use on Draw My Thing via my PC.
Waddles From Gravity Falls is best pony!

#82 rs600cubed

rs600cubed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Any one know if best buy will price match the uncharted 3 price when it's sold out?

I was just wondering if there's anyway Best Buy would match the console sale prices.

#83 htz

htz

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

I was just wondering if there's anyway Best Buy would match the console sale prices.

Yes they will.

#84 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

For those wondering about Sorcery, I grabbed it when it hit 14.99 at BB and played through the entire campaign without regrets.

There are a few moments where you won't be able to get the move to do what you want it to do, but those times are more the exception than the rule.

The most satisfying aspect of the game is mixing spells in real time. I found it surprising fulfilling to cast a tornado spell, suck a bunch of enemies into it, then shoot a fireball into it and watch them all go up in flames. There are a lot of "combo" spells you can do like that, and once you learn to flick your wrist the right way, it's easy and fun. I'd say it's easily worth the 9 bucks.

#85 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:18 PM

And of course I get an auto-notify that a couple of the "sold out" games for the sale that ran through 2/28 are now back in stock on 3/1.

I guess they just had a set number to sell at that price but marking them sold out when they clearly still had stock is a bit misleading. :-P

steam_sig.png

#86 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

It looks like Amazon price matched the current price for Uncharted 3 16.99.

#87 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

It looks like Amazon price matched the current price for Uncharted 3 16.99.

I believe it was at that price before Newegg's sale even started. I mean the price for Uncharted 3 pretty much everywhere now is $20 tops.

And whaddaya know? Sale is over and suddenly Uncharted 3 is back in stock! Bullshit. So glad I cancelled the rest of my Newegg order when they cancelled Uncharted 3. It's going to be a long time and take a hell of a deal for me to place another order with them now.

No, Newegg doesn't play those games.
[cough]Sleeping Dogs[cough]

I wouldn't know. This is the first time I've ever tried to buy anything from them and it was not a good experience. Between this and the horror stories I've heard about trying to get them to take returns (even on items that arrive damaged) it's going to take a hell of a deal to get me to try again.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#88 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

And of course I get an auto-notify that a couple of the "sold out" games for the sale that ran through 2/28 are now back in stock on 3/1.

I guess they just had a set number to sell at that price but marking them sold out when they clearly still had stock is a bit misleading. :-P

Yeah, I'm not really sure there's a point to doing "auto-notify" on sale items. I'm not expecting them to restock that Buzz Quiz World Bundle with wireless buzzers that they were selling for $4 at clearance.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#89 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:17 PM

Fuck newegg, last night at 10pm uncharted 3 was out of stock, now its in stock? I sense bullshit

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#90 motoki

motoki

A New Game Everyday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Yeah, I'm not really sure there's a point to doing "auto-notify" on sale items. I'm not expecting them to restock that Buzz Quiz World Bundle with wireless buzzers that they were selling for $4 at clearance.

A couple of times I have actually seen them briefly get some more stock on a sale item that had previously sold out. I don't know if that came from people cancelling order or they found they had more than they thought they had it what but I've noticed it at least twice. It's been a while since I've seen that happen though.

Figured it didn't hurt to try.

I this case I just think they had X # to sell at the sale price and then after that that was it until the sale was over. It would have been nice if that was more clear though. When they sold the AC3 PS3s for $229 on eBay they very clearly marked that they had only 1,000 units they were going to sell at that price and you could see when they were getting close to the max # of units to sell.

steam_sig.png