The Hobbit (3/19/13) - Worldwide Exclusives

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

I think I got a friend selling me the ultraviolet code for just $2!!! Now I can participate on Sunday without spending $30!

#92 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

Gollum gets on a sweet cover, and he's in the film like 45 minutes, at best. However, not a single cover is dedicated to Thorin Oakenshield.

Gollum's arguably the best part of the movie, and one of the most iconic characters from the Hobbit/ LOTR universe. There's 2 more movies for Thorin to grace a cover on, this is the only opportunity for Gollum to do so.

Gollum could very well be in the third 'Hobbit' film, seeing as the majority of that film (if not the entirety of it) will take place between 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings'... there's already a fan film about Gandalf and Aragorn trying to find him before Sauron does (before 'Fellowship'), but maybe Jackson and Co. will do something similar.

Gollum is also awesome, so there's THAT!

Posted Image

#93 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Received my Best Buy Exclusive today and I couldn't be more disappointed! First off it was shipped in basically a Hefty Garbage Bag, then when I opened it could not believe the shape the slip cover was in! All 4 corners are smashed and a big tear in the side (Photos below). Needless to say I complained with BB Customer Service, but all I got was a limp apology and they told me to exchange it (No Posted Image Sherlock!). I will never purchase another BD from BestBuy.com unless they start to ship them in boxes like Amazon!

Posted Image
607033.png

#94 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

They ship a lot of there stuff like that or just slap a label on the physical box.

#95 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

They ship a lot of there stuff like that or just slap a label on the physical box.

Ya it's a joke! I should have just drove down there and bought one to begin with instead of having one shipped. When I got my Skyfall Steelbook from Amazon.UK I couldn't believe how much trouble they go trough to make sure they are shipped protected. This was ridiculous and I feel like I should get more than just an apology and an exchange. How could they ship something that damaged to a loyal customer.
607033.png

#96 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

Ya it's a joke! I should have just drove down there and bought one to begin with instead of having one shipped. When I got my Skyfall Steelbook from Amazon.UK I couldn't believe how much trouble they go trough to make sure they are shipped protected. This was ridiculous and I feel like I should get more than just an apology and an exchange. How could they ship something that damaged to a loyal customer.

Sorry man. I know exactly what you mean when you say Hefty Bag when you're talking about best buy. It's so asinine for bestbuy to send it in a bag because probably one of the reasons you specifically took your business to bestbuy.com was to get the best buy exclusive slipcover that they are promoting and marketing in their weekly flyer.

Bestbuy goes through the trouble of having a bluray exclusive incentive, promote the incentive, and then ship it in a POS bag. This is the reason I drove to Best Buy today to buy the Zero Dark Thirty Steelbook. I was tempted to buy the hobbit too, but I already spent way too much this week on blurays and games and I need to hold on to some $$$$$ to get taxes done. :roll:

#97 TealPavelski

TealPavelski

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Went tonight to exchange the copy I received and my closest store was completely sold out of every version of The Hobbit. Seriously, it looked like some sort of Apocalypse broke out and copies of the film were food! Gonna have to hit another store a few cities away to get a different copy.
607033.png

#98 io

io

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:07 AM

I ended up getting mine at Costco for $18.99. I watched it with the kids and was glad I bought it. While I thought it was pretty good when I saw it (once) in the theaters, for some reason it seemed much better this time around. I'm not sure why.

But can someone explain this Ultraviolet thing? I take it this UV is some way to get the digital version. I got a digital copy with my LOTR extended trilogy but it wasn't done this way - I ended up getting a code to use on iTunes. How does this UV stuff work? Will I be able to download it in iTunes as well as on my PS3? Or do you have to pick a platform at some point (I'm wondering whether I should sign up on the Mac where my iTunes library is located).

Edited by io, 24 March 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#99 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I ended up getting mine at Costco for $18.99. I watched it with the kids and was glad I bought it. While I thought it was pretty good when I saw it (once) in the theaters, for some reason it seemed much better this time around. I'm not sure why.

But can someone explain this Ultraviolet thing? I take it this UV is some way to get the digital version. I got a digital copy with my LOTR extended trilogy but it wasn't done this way - I ended up getting a code to use on iTunes. How does this UV stuff work? Will I be able to download it in iTunes as well as on my PS3? Or do you have to pick a platform at some point (I'm wondering whether I should sign up on the Mac where my iTunes library is located).

Ultraviolet is another form of a digital copy. Unless specifically stated, it will not give an iTunes copy. For example, Les Miserables digital copy code works for both, The Hobbit does not. You can redeem the code at whatever site is listed on the insert. To watch an Ultraviolet digital copy on an iPad/iPhone, you can sign up for a Flixster account and download that app. Once you link your Ultraviolet account and the Flixster account, you can watch (either stream or download) the movie on your mobile device through the Flixster app. You can also create a Vudu account (which is Walmart's streaming service) and link it to your Ultraviolet account to watch the movie on blu-ray players/HDTVs/PS3/X360 through the Vudu app. As far as I can tell, most movies that you redeem on one service are also viewable through the other. Both Flixster and Vudu usually run promotions giving you free movies when you sign up for them as well.