Photo
- - - - -

March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

• Please log in to reply
713 replies to this topic

#601 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

I doubt it is as easy as 10 returns a week and you're banned. If it was, Best Buy could had implemented this without needing to pay for TRE's returns tracking system.

They say it's around 10+ returns per week for a short period. Maybe like doing this for a month.

I'm not banned or flagged at around 3 returns per week. Sometimes, I like to drive to other BBs to return because that Geek Squad guy is remembering me... ;)

As for how the hell do I do 3 returns per week, I spend a lot there thanks to CAG. And with Silver, the points and stuff keep racking up. I currently have a $20 cert waiting for me. With a lot of impulse buys, some stuff goes back. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#602 Confucius

Confucius

Yeah I fixed it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

I doubt it is as easy as 10 returns a week and you're banned. If it was, Best Buy could had implemented this without needing to pay for TRE's returns tracking system.

Exactly.

Telling people what the criteria is for a ban is never done. For obvious reasons.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#603 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:59 AM

So now that the magazine is digital, what happens to new Gamers Club paid subscribers?

Do you get the current month issue sent/emailed to you right away? Or do you actually need to cycle through to the next month?

I'm thinking about finally signing up. Especially if any of these go on sale (Doom 3, TTT2, ZOE HD).

#604 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

You get the brochure with the current coupons in-store.

#605 tingram83

tingram83

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

I thought I saw people talking about using these coupons 2 times. Are you using the code online for 1 and then taking the actual coupon to the store for the second use? Or am I just imagining things? If not, has anyone tried this.

Edited by tingram83, 14 March 2013 - 03:43 AM.

#606 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:48 AM

Doom is disappearing from the shelves! I doubt this stuff is gonna hit 10 bucks, I gave in on TTT2 and am satisfied. Is doom BFG(PS3) worth $20 too? I never played it but heard great things back in the day.

#607 tingram83

tingram83

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

When you re-up your forced digital.

It is only for those that somehow snuck by the cut off date that still get a physical mag. Anyway, digital is better anyway with 2x the use of a coupon - if they happen to not throw clearance game coupons in the mag, lol.

How are people using the digital coupon twice?

#608 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:27 AM

How are people using the digital coupon twice?

One coupon is a barcode to use in store. The other is a promo code to use online. Not linked to each other.

Example: use barcode coupon in store for DBZ for $5. Then go online, put DBZ in cart. Checkout and enter promo code where prompted on checkout screen. Set for in-store pick up. Bam 2 copies of DBZ for $10 + tax.

xivpads.png

#609 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

I live in the land of Best Buys (Twin Cities area) and have to say that Doom 3 and Zone of the Enders are disappearing fast. Of the four stores within my "daily ruote" if you will, only one seems to have a single copy of ZoE left and two had Doom (one only had one copy left though, can't say about the other).

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#610 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

ugh... this is just getting ridiculous... I have still not gotten my magazine and I really want Doom 3...
I should probably go complain or something >.<

#611 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:43 AM

I live in the land of Best Buys (Twin Cities area) and have to say that Doom 3 and Zone of the Enders are disappearing fast. Of the four stores within my "daily ruote" if you will, only one seems to have a single copy of ZoE left and two had Doom (one only had one copy left though, can't say about the other).

Greetings fellow MN CAG! I am further north so we won't have to worry too much about crossing into each others CAG turf. ;)
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#612 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:33 AM

I still see a lot of Doom 3 copies available when I type in my zip code, and all the other stores have the option to 'ship to store'

#613 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

I have talked to many BB employees, and they say that you have to do about 10 returns in a week before you're flagged. I do around 3 returns per week, and I think that's a bit high, but it's totally fine.

Many CAGs should be safe. :)

There is more to it then what you say as there have been plenty of people with less returns in a week then get banned. Working with the forum mods and customer cases of bans it seems to be a weighted system with added flags.

This is all speculation but what I've seen:

It weights money in returns vs money used for purchases the most. Ie you spend a lot then you can do more returns.

Secondly it weighs large ticket items differently then small ticket. Mainly because of the above. Sometimes for the customer sometimes against.

There's flags for quantity returned vs quantity bought. Ie you return 50% of your items regardless of prices etc.

There's time frames also. As no return for x number of days seems to lesson the strikes against you. Or possibly what you mentioned the x times in a week.

Probably much more also. Just small things I believe are part of the equation.

#614 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Doom is disappearing from the shelves! I doubt this stuff is gonna hit 10 bucks, I gave in on TTT2 and am satisfied. Is doom BFG(PS3) worth $20 too? I never played it but heard great things back in the day.

It is worth $20. Lengthy campaign and the expansion. As long as youre good with it being a corridor shooter. Just know what youre getting.

#615 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:10 PM

Probably not the place for this, but does anyone want to trade their DIGITAL/ONLINE Dragon Ball Z Kinect coupon for a GameStop 15% Off One New Game or New Accessory expiring 3/31?

PM me.

#616 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

Probably not the place for this, but does anyone want to trade their DIGITAL/ONLINE Dragon Ball Z Kinect coupon for a GameStop 15% Off One New Game or New Accessory expiring 3/31?

PM me.

man everytime i have posted a question like this the mods delete it but others dont seem to have that problem lol :)

but yea my friend i dont think anyone is giving up that coupon considering how it has good flip value at gamestop, especially after the promos
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#617 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

ZOE HD is back online. Looks like I'll be using a coupon this month after all.

fs_overall.png

#618 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

ZOE HD is back online. Looks like I'll be using a coupon this month after all.

Just noticed that as well. Also returned the copy I bought earlier in the week.

#619 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

good now if zoe drops in price we can know about it :D
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#620 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

There is more to it then what you say as there have been plenty of people with less returns in a week then get banned. Working with the forum mods and customer cases of bans it seems to be a weighted system with added flags.

This is all speculation but what I've seen:

It weights money in returns vs money used for purchases the most. Ie you spend a lot then you can do more returns.

Secondly it weighs large ticket items differently then small ticket. Mainly because of the above. Sometimes for the customer sometimes against.

There's flags for quantity returned vs quantity bought. Ie you return 50% of your items regardless of prices etc.

There's time frames also. As no return for x number of days seems to lesson the strikes against you. Or possibly what you mentioned the x times in a week.

Probably much more also. Just small things I believe are part of the equation.

How do they track purchases vs. returned for individuals?

For example, I can buy two games and pay both with cash. When I return, they'll track my return on my ID.

Does their system track purchases? If I bought 20 games on one receipt and returned none and paid all using cash, how do they track purchases like that to deem a person as a viable customer or not?
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#621 247

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

Still no magazine, am I the only one?

#622 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

good now if zoe drops in price we can know about it :D

It would have to be a MSRP drop, I don't ever recall a clearance item going on sale that wasn't part of a promo for the newest game.

#623 twistedshabazz

twistedshabazz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

So i am not sure this has been answered already. I have never done the price matching before. Based on best buys website, it seems if it doesnt say price match guarentee they will not match the price on an item? Or will they match any item or is it store by store basis? I was planing on trying to get a few price matches but dont want to get there and they say no for some reason. The prices are from one of the competitors they match.

#624 skettel88

skettel88

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Is battlefield 3 for 15 worth it?

#625 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Okay i have a question.
If i don't have a best buy i can get to nearby, is the @gamer subscription still worth it? I don't know if shipping for BB is reliable since i remember last year
Alot things that went on sale ended up backordered for me *ahem Vanquish *ahem. And are the costs for shipping on these items reasonable? And are the coupon codes usable for all these items online? Or are there certain ones exclusive to in store only?

#626 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 15 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

Okay i have a question.
If i don't have a best buy i can get to nearby, is the @gamer subscription still worth it? I don't know if shipping for BB is reliable since i remember last year
Alot things that went on sale ended up backordered for me *ahem Vanquish *ahem. And are the costs for shipping on these items reasonable? And are the coupon codes usable for all these items online? Or are there certain ones exclusive to in store only?

Digital subscriptions (all new ones now) get an in-store and online coupon. Some of these coupons are for clearance type items that aren't even listed online anymore. I don't know about shipping because it's free for me as premier silver.

#627 Fauwkes

Fauwkes

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:31 PM

ZOE hd and doom 3 are $30 at target, can you price match and then use the @gamer coupon?

#628 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

ZOE hd and doom 3 are $30 at target, can you price match and then use the @gamer coupon?

YMMV, its possible if you can get manager to do an override for you.

#629 twistedshabazz

twistedshabazz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:53 PM

YMMV, its possible if you can get manager to do an override for you.

So if i walk in with the ad from a competitor for doom
3 its manager discretion to match it?

#630 investor

investor

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

Yeah! I finally received my magazine today, and was glad to see that the coupons active dates are from March 3rd to April 6th. Already have BF3 and AC:R, so I'm hoping ZOE HD will be on sale by then.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png