Photo
- - - - -

March Best Buy @Gamer Coupons: $5 DBZ Kinect, $8 AC:R 360, $20 Doom 3, TTT2, & ZOE HD

• Please log in to reply
713 replies to this topic

#151 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

You would think that wouldn't you?
I don't know if the @Gamer coupons are different for some reason, but I have never been able to get a Best Buy employee to honor my Reward Zone coupons or gift certificates when I've pulled them up on my phone.
In their defense every time this has happened they have given me access to a computer to log into my email and print out the coupon and then accept it, with only one exception. But I have never been able to get them to take any coupon digitally.

So I guess I am wondering if you have to download a special app or something for this to work? I always just pulled the link up on my phone through my email or my Best Buy member's page.

Your store needs to freshen up on policies then. MyRewardZone has it detailed more in their terms for certs.

xivpads.png

#152 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

But the coupons still only work for the subscribers and for in-store only?

The coupons itself shouldn't require a GCU member to redeem them.

The digital coupons work in-store only.

#153 kito87

kito87

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

Anyone willing to share the link???

#154 Kyden139

Kyden139

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Anyone willing to share the link???

To what? The mag requires an account id and the coupons are 1 time use.

#155 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I just hope my magazine actually shows up this month. I didn't get a copy last month.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#156 thereefernander

thereefernander

CAG Best Buy Employee

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:09 AM

What is the gamestop TIV for DBZ Kinect?
htv6oenzsznakco9zuqt.png
Signature created by Audacious.
616464.png

#157 marineal

marineal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Here we got a small pamphlet with actual coupons in it. (Work at bb)

So are the coupons available to anyone who buys the pamphlet? or are people forced to enroll into he full year in order to activate those coupons?

#158 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

Posted Image

@Gamer magazine is going entirely digital! Any new or renewing members of Gamers Club Unlocked will be signed up to receive the digital version of @Gamer, which allows customers to receive the magazine quicker and access their copies via iPads, Android powered tablets, or web browser.

You should receive two separate emails per @Gamer edition. One of the emails should inform you that your new edition is ready to be downloaded and the other email should allow you to print off the gaming coupons included in each edition. All current members who receive the print edition of @Gamer will receive the remainder of their 10 magazine subscription and will be signed up for the digital version if they choose to renew their GCU membership.

Bioshock Infinite will be this upcoming month's cover. I also copy and pasted a quote from one of the BB connectors regarding the shift to digital only. Current print subscribers will continue to receive the rest of their subscription in print unless they renew, which will force them to digital immediately.

P.S. Digital subscribers can access the Bioshock Infinite issue right now.

#159 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

I was reading this thread at work today to figure out what's what, and my @Gamer magazine was in my mailbox waiting for me when I got home :)

While DBZ:K is tempting for $5, I'll have to pass after watching Angry Joe do one of his best reviews I've seen to date:

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#160 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:22 AM

Anybody know when this issue will be in stores?

#161 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:31 AM

Anybody know when this issue will be in stores?

When the coupons go active which is this Sunday.

#162 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:33 AM

P.S. Digital subscribers can access the Bioshock Infinite issue right now.

We can? I don't seem to have access to it. I log-in and it still brings up the Joker Jan/Feb issue.

EDIT: nevermind, now it works.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#163 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:46 AM

That soon? And no surprise, there still hasn't been a drop on Prototype. Fucking Best Buy.

Does anybody know how I can actually say the f word on here instead of seeing this turn thing. Fuck
The Silent Owl always gets his mark. Chapapa.

#164 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

^They had P2 for $5, you missed it.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#165 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

blah blah Fuck

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#166 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

Okay. Is @gamer always like that? Seems odd that the March issue isn't out yet.

#167 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

That soon? And no surprise, there still hasn't been a drop on Prototype. Fucking Best Buy.

Does anybody know how I can actually say the f word on here instead of seeing this turn thing. Fuck

As TooPoor said, they did have a price drop. And you can still use the coupon now and get it for $15 new, which is cheaper than you will find it anywhere else. But hey, we all know there's no room for "perspective" around here.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#168 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

He's the Enforcer Of Justice and keeps CAG sort of family friendly. I wouldn't want it any other way...

Spoiler

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#169 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

I was reading this thread at work today to figure out what's what, and my @Gamer magazine was in my mailbox waiting for me when I got home :)

While DBZ:K is tempting for $5, I'll have to pass after watching Angry Joe do one of his best reviews I've seen to date:

Ironically, the short length, repetitiveness and lack of challenge are all selling points for me because of my massive backlog. :)

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#170 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:57 AM

Nevermind.

Edited by Fukurou, 01 March 2013 - 04:11 AM.

#171 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

No really, how do you do that?

Are the all caps not obvious?

#172 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

Are the all caps not obvious?

How did I miss that?

#173 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:16 AM

Not sure when the current physical subscribers will be forced to transition to the digital version, but yes, you will get sent an email from Best Buy Reward Zone with two links. The top link in the email will be for the digital magazine and the bottom link will be for the digital coupons. Both links will clearly differentiate the content between the magazine vs. the coupons. Note that the coupons specifically state "one-time use" with a unique barcode for the cashier to scan. The coupons will no longer be using a standard SKU for the POS anymore.

To access your digital mag, you will need to know your @Gamer account number. This is not the same as your RZ account number. For physical subscribers, the @Gamer account number is displayed on the mailing label of your most recent physical issue. For digital subscribers, an email with your @Gamer account number will be sent to you upon initial registration. So for physical subscribers, I would make sure that you do not throw away your most recent mag as it's likely you will not be getting the email that includes your @Gamer account number. You will not need to know your @Gamer account number to access your coupons as the link will take you directly to your coupons.

I can see this transition confusing a lot of CAGs so maybe we should include my post in an OP somewhere for the 10% that actually read the OP :)

I agree this is a very good post that should be in the OP. Thanks Donut. This is exactly what I was looking for when reading this thread.

#174 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

That soon? And no surprise, there still hasn't been a drop on Prototype. fucking Best Buy.

I don't know how the Fuck to do that sh!t either.

He's the Enforcer Of Justice and keeps CAG sort of family friendly. I wouldn't want it any other way...

Spoiler

Fuck yeah motherfucker. I completely agree.

#175 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:39 AM

Lol.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#176 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Wow... Just... wow. I cannot believe anybody could mess up a DBZ game like that. I thought to myself "no matter how bad people say this is, it cannot be that bad." I was wrong. I wouldn't take this piece of crap for free. It's Duke Nukem ForNever all over again...

#177 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

I actually enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever. Game only got a ton of hate because it was in development forever.

#178 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:22 AM

I actually enjoyed Duke Nukem Forever. Game only got a ton of hate because it was in development forever.

Ditto and the dlc campaign was even better!

xivpads.png

#179 momshotdad

momshotdad

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:33 AM

could I price match amazon for doom 3 and use the $20 off? makes it $10 afterwards.

#180 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

could I price match amazon for doom 3 and use the $20 off? makes it $10 afterwards.

Won't work.

Been discussed.

Read thread.

xivpads.png