Runner 2

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

This game is the best. I had to stop myself from playing. There's so much more to do in this one.

The new controls are great, and off-screen play is on by default.
Posted Image

It's $14.99 in the eshop

Edited by moothemagiccow, 26 February 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#2 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Oooh, so that's what this game is. I didn't know from the name that it had anything to do with bit.trip. We don't have a Wii U, so I'll have to get it for XBLA. I believe it's there too.

Crunchewy.png

#3 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

I like that you can
Spoiler
. I like that it also has difficulty levels this time around. It will make it much more enjoyable and rewarding.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#4 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Yes! And the Key/Chest challenges are awesome. I'm actually surprised I have all the moves (I think) by the end of the first world.

The Wii disc version had a hard mode where you lose if you don't get all the gold. Not sure if this is different.

#5 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

How does this game earn its $15 price tag? There are SO MANY endless runner type games on the ipad for a fraction of that.
Posted Image

#6 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Because this one actually takes skill to play/master, is addictive, has tons of content and replay value.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#7 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

How does this game earn its $15 price tag? There are SO MANY endless runner type games on the ipad for a fraction of that.

More of a rhythm game than an auto-runner. You can demo the original on Wii Shop (in Wii mode)

#8 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

If the music is as good as the original was, it will have immense replay value along with the additional content they added into the sequel. I will play Bit.Trip Complete just to hear a certain song I like, and then the trance-like gameplay kicks in afterwards that I find it hard to stop.

I don't see Runner 2 being any different at this point, so I'd say it is worth the $15.

#9 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

More of a rhythm game than an auto-runner. You can demo the original on Wii Shop (in Wii mode)

That's good to know. Is it safe to assume if I like the first at all then the second one becomes a no-brainer?
Posted Image

#10 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Because this one actually takes skill to play/master, is addictive, has tons of content and replay value.

Maybe it's the lack of skill to play that as always had me bored with auto-runner type games. It's usually 2 minutes of YAWN followed by an actual challenge.
Posted Image

#11 heavyd853

heavyd853

Hates fatties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

Runner 2 is easily worth the money. Probably my favorite game on Wii U so far.
Hates Fatties x 2

#12 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

There should be a demo of Runner 2 on the eShop, so those on the fence should be on the lookout for that as well.

#13 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:07 AM

Tried the demo. LOVED IT.
Posted Image

#14 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

i didnt enjoy this. only played a sec though. seemed overpriced. maybe ill give it another shot.

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#15 ZForce915

ZForce915

Group hug!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Admittedly iOS pricing has really made digital game values seem overpriced everywhere, but a controller vs touch screen makes this more fun, and it does have gamepad support.
Posted Image

#16 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:39 AM

Yeah, it's easy to forget that there is a demo for this game (I guess that's what happens when so few games come out for Wii U, you tend to forget these things).

Does anyone have a list of where I can find all of
Spoiler
But for now, until they patch it, I'm going to have to put this game on hold sadly. I hope it goes up soon, since it has apparently been submitted.
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#17 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:25 AM

The patch is out, no more trouble closing this game

IGN has a list of what you're after, Broly

#18 Achilles00

Achilles00

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 05:11 AM

Game is a lot of fun. Hooked on the soundtrack but can't bring myself to buy it from Amazon for $8.99. Too many of the tracks are less than a minute.
Posted Image