Best Buy Ad 3/3-3/9: Tomb Raider Controller Offer | 100% Trade-In Bonus

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#61 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Is the trade in value in effect today or it starts tomorrow?

#62 sfabo

sfabo

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Is the trade in value in effect today or it starts tomorrow?

I think it's safe assume tomorrow.. "Best Buy Ad 3/3-3/9"
But I'm not too experienced with BB so :lol:

#63 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:09 PM

100% absolutely not, and if it does it'll only hold for the morning until they realize they missed it. That's why I'm debating if I should trade in my stuff I'll used towards TR now or wait until Sunday...

Right now I would get $30, I'm gonna gamble and hope at the most they drop it to $15, because I would still get $30 for it. I only paid $25 for it brand new from BB, worst case scenario I'm out on $5 bucks.

#64 Knaledge

Knaledge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Can someone please explain the 100% trade-in bonus? I have Ni No Kuni and for some reason, the figure $25~ comes to mind (concerning value for trade at BB).

Does that mean... I get $50.. ?

#65 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

Can someone please explain the 100% trade-in bonus? I have Ni No Kuni and for some reason, the figure $25~ comes to mind (concerning value for trade at BB).

Does that mean... I get $50.. ?

Two words: Heck. No.

Based on this link, Ni no Kuni has a $9 base, so assuming that doesn't change by tomorrow, you'd be getting $18 after the 100% value ($18.90 if you're a Gamers Club Unlocked member). I suppose the value could rise, but no more than $2-$3, if at all. I'm not sure where you got that value from since Ni no Kuni's had a pretty low base value ever since it first showed up on BBY's trade-in database.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/29]:  :ps3: Rayman Origins (5/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#66 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

So the controller is $20 off if you buy it with Tomb Raider. But it's SIXTY DOLLARS normally? No way. Even if they let you apply the GC from preordering TR it would still be $20 haha. No thanks. I know normally the controllers are $60 but I don't think I've ever paid more than $40 because I always wait until they're on sale.

If you waited for the Halo 4 controller to go on sale you would have never got it

#67 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

If you waited for the Halo 4 controller to go on sale you would have never got it

I got two of the halo 4 forerunner controller's, LOVE THEM, soo much nicer than the ones that were for sale,

#68 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:37 PM

Ugh NO SimCity deal?

#69 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Bastards are going to torment me and adjust the trade in for FC3 during the night....ahhhhh.....yes I know they shouldn't make adjustments in the middle of the 50% trade in, but the little ray of hope sucks.

#70 jsvalmont

jsvalmont

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

LOL, all the games I wanted to trade in on this deal just got their price adjusted down so the TIV is exactly the same with the 100% deal as it was with the old 50% deal.

#71 SackAttack

SackAttack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

So the controller is $20 off if you buy it with Tomb Raider. But it's SIXTY DOLLARS normally? No way. Even if they let you apply the GC from preordering TR it would still be $20 haha. No thanks. I know normally the controllers are $60 but I don't think I've ever paid more than $40 because I always wait until they're on sale.

FYI: http://www.provantag...44~7MIC90H2.htm

You may be able to get Best Buy to match that price (my local store matched, but it's not one of the explicit e-tailers in the system, so YMMV). Someone who's getting the controller/game bundle isn't saving anything but if, like me, you're looking for a controller with the transforming d-pad and you're not a day-one buy on the game, there you go.

#72 Organ Donor

Organ Donor

Watch his Bull Charge!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Traded in Dishonored, Far Cry 3, and Goldeneye reloaded for $57... So I basically paid off Gears of War Judgement 8-)

#73 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

FYI: http://www.provantag...44~7MIC90H2.htm

You may be able to get Best Buy to match that price (my local store matched, but it's not one of the explicit e-tailers in the system, so YMMV). Someone who's getting the controller/game bundle isn't saving anything but if, like me, you're looking for a controller with the transforming d-pad and you're not a day-one buy on the game, there you go.

Thanks for the link! Will give it a go on Tuesday!

xivpads.png

#74 deftrance

deftrance

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

The XFX 7850 1gb video card for 179 + Voucher for Hitman Absolution, Bioshock Infinite, and Tomb Raider was the highlight for me... Picked this up yesterday for 153 dollars after reward zone certs and got 6 months financing. Whee. Upgrade from my old 6850 and put that in the fiance's rig.

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218858759396

#75 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Those who are thinking about buying MLB 2K13 should buy it as the combo pack w\ NBA 2K13. Combo pack is $79.99. Save some $$$.

#76 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Those who are thinking about buying MLB 2K13 should buy it as the combo pack w\ NBA 2K13. Combo pack is $79.99. Save some $$$.

Just buy the Show.

#77 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Does Best Buy price-match Toys R Us? If so, do I need a physical print ad or will they match a simple look-up on my iPhone?

oIi9lub.png

#78 sjc1279

sjc1279

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Does Best Buy price-match Toys R Us? If so, do I need a physical print ad or will they match a simple look-up on my iPhone?

They will pm the webpage on your phone.

#79 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:47 PM

Just buy the Show.

if you have a PS3.

#80 Pabz617

Pabz617

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:21 AM

Any word on the movie ticket promo for the movie '42' if you buy MLB The Show?

#81 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

does BestBuy have a midnight launch event for Tomb Raider?
Posted Image

#82 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:28 AM

does BestBuy have a midnight launch event for Tomb Raider?

I was thinking the same thing earlier and checked the ad and didn't see anything. I would have considered going and picking up my copy tonight though!
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: None :ps4: Destiny, inFAMOUS: Second Light, Last of Us: Remastered, Madden 15
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Tomodachi Life
:psp: Dragons Crown, more Destiny! Lol

#83 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

Question:

Is the Best Buy exclusive copy, the one with the standard edition and book, is it double sealed? Meaning if you open it and remove the game case from the cardboard packaging is the game case still sealed?

Anyone know?

Thanks

#84 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Question:

Is the Best Buy exclusive copy, the one with the standard edition and book, is it double sealed? Meaning if you open it and remove the game case from the cardboard packaging is the game case still sealed?

Anyone know?

Thanks

Yes it is double sealed. However game from BB has the dlc packed into disc case.

xivpads.png

#85 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yes it is double sealed. However game from BB has the dlc packed into disc case.

I'm not trying to strip DLC. I just know someone that wanted the game and was willing to pay $50 for it.

Seeing how BB has perhaps the best preorder promotion ($20 RZ cert) and I get to keep the book I figured I'd go that route.

#86 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Question:

Anyone know?

Thanks

Here is a picture of it. I haven't opened mine yet but it looks double sealed, but i'm not sure.

Posted Image

#87 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:12 PM

Here is a picture of it. I haven't opened mine yet but it looks double sealed, but i'm not sure.

Posted Image

It definitely is. I know for a fact. :P

xivpads.png

#88 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yeah I just opened it. It is double sealed and the game has a real UPC (instead of "Not for Resale").

Too bad the target PS3 version wasn't a G2 steelbook that I could fit in the Best Buy cardboard sleeve.... would have made a pretty cool set.

Also despite being super small I like the binding for the BB comic book

#89 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

Is there any exclusive BB cover art for Tomb Raider (similar to Resident Evil Operation Racoon City) or is it the standard cover artwork with exclusive BB packaging?

#90 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:32 PM

cant wait to get my copy of Tomb Raider!
Posted Image