Best Buy Ad 3/3-3/9: Tomb Raider Controller Offer | 100% Trade-In Bonus

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Is there any exclusive BB cover art for Tomb Raider (similar to Resident Evil Operation Racoon City) or is it the standard cover artwork with exclusive BB packaging?

The standard edition that comes with the comic book has the same UPC as the one at Kmart; same cover art too.

So no their is no exclusive artwork on the actual game.

#92 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Thanks bud.

I wonder if all BB copies are coming with the comic book? When Darksiders II came out some stores had 5 LE copies or even less and had vanilla copies for the rest of their stock.

#93 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

When I was at Best Buy I only saw Collector's Editions and the BB edition with the comic book. I didn't see any standard copies of Tomb Raider HOWEVER I only saw about eight copies of the comic book edition so maybe once those sell they'll put on regular copies.... I imagine it will run similar to how FF XIII-2 did

#94 mailer daemon

mailer daemon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:47 PM

So the question is, can I buy Tomb Raider for ps3 and still get $20 off the 360 controller ?

At first they told me that the discount promotion was tied to the 360 version, and it does specifically say "Buy Tomb Raider for the 360" in the ad. However, after a problem processing my preorder, I asked a different guy who was willing to let me get the PS3 version and then rang up the controller separately and knocked 20 bucks off it for me.

#95 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Thanks bud.

I wonder if all BB copies are coming with the comic book? When Darksiders II came out some stores had 5 LE copies or even less and had vanilla copies for the rest of their stock.

When I talked to the guy who runs the gaming dpt at my store last week, he told me all they received was the comic book edition. I'm sure the next batch they get will be vanilla.

#96 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

At first they told me that the discount promotion was tied to the 360 version, and it does specifically say "Buy Tomb Raider for the 360" in the ad. However, after a problem processing my preorder, I asked a different guy who was willing to let me get the PS3 version and then rang up the controller separately and knocked 20 bucks off it for me.

It is tied to the 360 version. Their is no way to get the discount on the controller by buying the PS3 game unless they manually put the discount in. The computer doesn't recognize the PS3 sku as part of the bundle discount.

I tried really hard to get the lady to do it because I collect LE controllers and she couldn't get it to work.

#97 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

Hey i was picking it up, and the people there said system is down. Do anyone else have the same problem?

#98 LoveDragonDon

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

fixed on the system

#99 justinTlME

justinTlME

Mean CAGs P*** me off!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hey i was picking it up, and the people there said system is down. Do anyone else have the same problem?

The guy didn't say the system was down but when I tried to pick up my copy there were all kinds of issues. They couldn't find my info for my reward zone unlocked (which scared me cuz I want my $20 certificate) they couldn't get my other reward certificates to scan when I was trying to pay. It was a total cluster f#%!
:360: Disney Infinity :xb1: Titanfall
:ps3: none :ps4: inFamous Second Son, MGS: Ground Zeroes, Thief
:wii: DKC: Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Zelda: Link Between Worlds, Pokemon Y
:psp: Dragons Crown, LBP Vita, Smart As, Sound Shapes

#100 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

Does CS desk normally process in-store preorders? Is there a new way to ring up preorders or is it the same as they did it last year where they ring up the deposit as an exchange?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I've been doing .com preorders for at least 6 months now and I've heard about a new preorder system from others on here.

#101 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

Does CS desk normally process in-store preorders? Is there a new way to ring up preorders or is it the same as they did it last year where they ring up the deposit as an exchange?

Sorry for the newbie questions but I've been doing .com preorders for at least 6 months now and I've heard about a new preorder system from others on here.

This was my first time (Tomb Raider) with the new B&M preorder system.

First off when I brought the tomb raider ticket to the register last week they made me do the preorder in a separate transaction from the rest of the items I was ready to purchase.

I was given the option of paying anywhere from $5 to the full price of the game. Once I put the amount down I was given a receipt.

When I went in today I just picked a copy of the shelf and spoke with the gaming lead who is very helpful. She said you can pay the preorder off at any register but depending on who is working you might be better off going to customer service because a lot of associates hadn't been trained on the new system and they might struggle to do it correctly.

She of course knew how so we just did it at the register closest to gaming.

But my final receipt looks like:

Tomb Raider = $59.99

Subtotal = $59.99
Sales Tax = $3.00

Total = $62.99

Preorder Deposit = $5

Mastercard = $57.99

#102 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

^I wish my sales tax was that low. $59.99 games come to $65 even here.

#103 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

same here, lol I hope i can still get the tomb raider withsteelbook, when I go to target later today.

#104 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

This was my first time (Tomb Raider) with the new B&M preorder system.

First off when I brought the tomb raider ticket to the register last week they made me do the preorder in a separate transaction from the rest of the items I was ready to purchase.

I was given the option of paying anywhere from $5 to the full price of the game. Once I put the amount down I was given a receipt.

When I went in today I just picked a copy of the shelf and spoke with the gaming lead who is very helpful. She said you can pay the preorder off at any register but depending on who is working you might be better off going to customer service because a lot of associates hadn't been trained on the new system and they might struggle to do it correctly.

She of course knew how so we just did it at the register closest to gaming.

But my final receipt looks like:

Tomb Raider = $59.99

Subtotal = $59.99
Sales Tax = $3.00

Total = $62.99

Preorder Deposit = $5

Mastercard = $57.99

So your receipt didn't require it to be listed as an ”exchange” at the top? Seems like the new preorder pickup system goes through it's own specific steps now instead of the old exchange way if I read that right.

#105 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

was there any pre-order code that was supposed to be emailed for TR? i usually get said email in the morning before i even pick up the game, but haven't gotten anything yet and I'm kind of worried I'm misisng out on something...

#106 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

The guy didn't say the system was down but when I tried to pick up my copy there were all kinds of issues. They couldn't find my info for my reward zone unlocked (which scared me cuz I want my $20 certificate) they couldn't get my other reward certificates to scan when I was trying to pay. It was a total cluster f#%!

I had the same god damn problem. I literally spend 30 minutes at the register while he tried to process my preorder. We went to 3 different registers and had 3 different people work on it and their managers. He was about to just give me $5 off instead of process my preorder and I was like oh Fuck no you aren't. I really hate this 1000 points buggy cluster Fuck.

was there any pre-order code that was supposed to be emailed for TR? i usually get said email in the morning before i even pick up the game, but haven't gotten anything yet and I'm kind of worried I'm misisng out on something...

No there wasn't any DLC codes, it's all inside the game

#107 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

Blah, my local Best Buy didn't even have the Tomb Raider LE controller. I picked up my game without a problem though....hopefully I can come by later this week to get it for $40.

154512.png

:360: Assassin Creed IV: Black Flag

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:psp: Assassin Creed III: Liberation

jionekanji.png

#108 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Well, it appears that Best Buy won't be stocking the Wii U release of The Amazing Spider-Man. Bummer.

oIi9lub.png

#109 freakmojo

freakmojo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

Is that a fact on the WiiU Spiderman?

I wanted to price match the TRU price and use some credit up. That'll suck. I'd get Arkham City for $30, but I already have that on the 360.

#110 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Subtotal = $59.99
Sales Tax = $3.00

Tell me about it. Imagine all the money we could save if they lowered the sales tax.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#111 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Well, it appears that Best Buy won't be stocking the Wii U release of The Amazing Spider-Man. Bummer.

http://www.bestbuy.c...es&nrp=15&iht=n

Is that a fact on the WiiU Spiderman?

I wanted to price match the TRU price and use some credit up. That'll suck. I'd get Arkham City for $30, but I already have that on the 360.

^^^

Blah, my local Best Buy didn't even have the Tomb Raider LE controller. I picked up my game without a problem though....hopefully I can come by later this week to get it for $40.

If you really end up with a problem order it here & return the 1st one.
http://www.bestbuy.c...ider controller

Does Best Buy price-match Toys R Us? If so, do I need a physical print ad or will they match a simple look-up on my iPhone?

Yes, they pm TRU & it can be YMMV on the phone/scanned ad but technically you'll always have accesss to store ads just pull the ad(not the item) direct from TRU's site. Save the links to you phone/tablet for future used.
http://toysrus.shopl...n-this-weeks-ad

#112 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:33 AM

So Best Buy charged me $20 for Mario Party 8 instead of $18 like it should have with unlocked. I sent customer service an email asking for my $2 back. Instead, they refunded my $2 and 1.80 tax and are sending me a $20 gift card 'for my trouble.' I'm feeling pretty untroubled.