What's up my 360 - Is it the system or hard drive

NoelVermillion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
140 (100%)
Alright, so about 5 months ago when i was about to play my 360, i got system update. So i did like always i pushed the button for a system update. However, when i updated the system, it didn't go through. A message appeared saying, " Your hard drive doesn't have enough space" which was a lie. I had about 60 or 55 GBs free still in my hard drive. Thus, i called MS for some help, they told me that my hard drive had corrupted and i should just format the hard drive and everything should get better.

Yeah, my ass, every two months or so, the same thing happens again to my 360. Just this past Saturday it happen again. And i don't know what's really wrong with my 360. I tried changing Hard drives but the same thing happens again. But the hard drive i change it for was a used hard drive i got off of ebay. Should i buy a brand new hard drive instead?

Has this happen to anyone on here? is it the system or the hard drive?

The yellow parts are the more important parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried plugging-in a modestly-sized flashdrive (upto 32gb now, I think?), I guess that'd be the next step.

How about downloading the system updates from the website, transferring to a flashdrive and then installing it that way instead of downloading directly to your console? I would assume MS might've suggested that one already (or a FAQ), but I thought I'd toss it out there.

bread's done
Back