Help! can't figure out this cord/cable... NES?

l33t fr0g

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Trying to figure out what this cable is for... I know it can fit into an NES game console. It looks similar to the Miracle Piano cords but this one has two NES ends, not just one. Help?

[Image is from Google, but the one I have is basically the same one, though very slightly different in style]

sany0019d.jpg

sany0018j.jpg

Looks like a parallel to male NES controller port. Not sure why the NES ends are male, I would assume you would want them female so you could attach a controller to your computer.

Don't use it. That's how Skynet started. My god man, I thought we had eradicated these things already. I have to call HQ and everything. Shit. We missed one. DON'T PLUG IT IN WHATEVER YOU DO, OK? I don't even know where the paperwork for this went, we shelved that shit back in '89. Do you have ANY IDEA how many filling cabinets I have to go search through now?

It goes to a Camerica Freedom Stick

FreedomStick.jpg

IIRC I have one of these cords I got with some random NES stuff at a yardsale. For the sake of mankind it seems as if it's best that I didn't also get a receiver to plug it into $_$

That does it! We had one of those as well but never seemed to use it (probably because it was too glitchy or something). Thanks!!
Yeah, infrared as the only way to get a wireless controller back in the day, which was awesome in theory--and miserable in practice. I don't blame you for not using them much. Thank Microsoft and Sony for finally nailing wireless or god knows where we'd be (I'd guess we'd be within ten feet of our systems, lol).

bread's done
Back