Ever had a store error in your favor?

Hemi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
Ok so here's a few thing's. Yesterday I was picking up 3 games from GS and after I paid I saw one was a Generic Case (online pickup, they had been rubber banded together and it was on bottom) So I decided to return it and hold out on a CIB as it's a rather rare game. ANYWAY, as I am PUR it was $36 before tax, $39.99 base, but he did the return as no origional receipt and put the $ from the return on my credit card $42 (and change), It's small but similar has happened before on other thing's. Anyone else the same?

One time I bought 3 copies of PS Move Heroes on sale for a little less than $15 each at GS. I was going to turn around one for a profit, give one to a friend, and keep one to myself. However I decided to return them all because no wanted to buy one copy, my friend wasn't interested, and I was too busy playing Halo. So I took them all back and somehow got back the regular retail price for these games so I got around $80 back lol. Made quite a profit.

Oh and one time GS called me to tell me I had unused credit. So I checked it and there was $91, which I NEVER had before. So I spent it all the next day in case it was a glitch XD.

I can't make heads or tails of Gamestop's math on returns and rebuys sometimes; probably the best I've done was when their GBA clearance stacked the Buy 2, Get 1 Free with 25% off--somehow it was getting me $10 games in the $3-4 each range. I'm sure there's been times where they've credited me for more than the purchase price or, conversely, killed my edge bonus with another promo.

One time I was in GS and the semi-attractive clerks nipple was hanging out of her bra. I don't remember what I bought, but it was worth the trip in.

Stoic 1, GS 0

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']One time I was in GS and the semi-attractive clerks nipple was hanging out of her bra. I don't remember what I bought, but it was worth the trip in.

Stoic 1, GS 0[/QUOTE]

Lmao

[quote name='Stoic Person Eater']One time I was in GS and the semi-attractive clerks nipple was hanging out of her bra. I don't remember what I bought, but it was worth the trip in.

Stoic 1, GS 0[/QUOTE]

pics or never happened! lol
edit: nevermind semi attractive = fugly
anyways, i turned some of my credit into cash. biggest one was the wii console, i returned it with gift receipt and the cashier gave me cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='coolrust']pics or never happened! lol
edit: nevermind semi attractive = fugly[/QUOTE]

Well, if it was an attractive nipple, that's all I'd care to see, anyway.

I never have errors in my favor when dealing with retail stores, but I used to buy cheap used games (and movies when GS dabbled in the them) and then sell them for 1.5x what I payed to some crazy guy at a flea market.

Ya, at Gamestop just last month. I got an email from them telling me I had 43.00 in credit out of nowhere! The only thing I can think of is that the month before I did an in store online order for Virtue's Last Reward. When I got home I realized they had left my apartment # off the order so I called and they put in a new order and cancelled my original. They must have refunded my money from the first order and not charged me on the new one.

During a b2g1 free at GameStop I grabbed three games priced $16, $15, and $24, don't ask I really wanted them and couldn't find anything else. Well the $24 game was Magna Carta 2 for Xbox 360 and he forgot to ting it up! I thought the price sounded odd at first and then that Magna Carta had the wrong sticker on it so I left. Got home and realized it wasn't on the receipt and I wasn't going to travel 20min back to this GameStop for their mistake.

never with games but my son was into Bakugan or however it is spelled and I was away and found a ton on clearance and didnt know what he had or didnt so i got one of each.. i went to return the dups at my local walmart and the cashier refunded me full price on them.. I wasnt paying attention so i didnt notice until he handed me the money so i said something about it and he just said o well
lucky me i got like $30 extra back

Way back when FYE had put this one copy of a Lupin movie (I think Crisis in Tokyo) with a wrestling DVD price label. So instead of paying $30 for the DVD, I only paid $10.

I don't know if it was so much an error as much as the guy not caring but....

I bought Prototype 2 when it was $40 at Best Buy with the $25 off coupon. Later the price went down to $30 so I borrowed one of my friend's coupons and went to return/re-buy.

I had also bought MW3 for $17 or $18 as the DOTD and wanted to return it due to financial issues I was having....

Anyway, I return MW3....guy gives me my $....tries to PM Prototype 2 and says the game is $40 in the system.....says he trust me and will do it anyway....does it but it comes up as being $10 on the receipt not $5....I point this out....he goes to fix it again....ends up being like $1 or something...

I paid about $33.xx when I bought the two games the first time. When I left the store I had Prototype 2 and $33.xx back in my pocket and I have no idea how lol.

Don't remember when, but when the Wolverine game came out, I went to Best Buy to buy that along with a few other items. When the cashier went to ring everything up, she accidentally rang something up twice, so she had to back and delete it. Well, it turns out, she also deleted my copy of Wolverine that was already scanned and I got that for free.

Not even sure if this was an error but I wasn't going to say a word but probably over 6 months ago The Witcher 2 was on sale used for $24.99 online. I'm talking about Gamestop here. So I drive to my local one with my copy of Dead Island with me. I got it used in a bundle deal and played it for like 4 hrs. Wasn't my thing. Well I asked the clerk if they had the Witcher 2 at the online price. He said yes so I gave him my dead island and said I'll trade that in and I'll take a copy of Witcher 2. He ran it through and said that'll be .65. I gave him the .65 and was very happy. So no idea if he gave me a trade in price for a different game or Dead Island just stacked with my Pro rewards and the plus 50% promo trade in they were running to come out to $23 or whatever the difference was. Some people like Dead Island but I will trade it every day of the week for the Witcher 2 and add in .65...:D

Last edited by a moderator:
About three years ago I bought purchased a 2tb HDD from Amazon.com. A couple days later the UPS guy delivered a giant crate to me. Puzzled, I opened up the crate to find 25 2tb HDD inside. I'll look to see if I still have the pics I took of it lying around. I don't know how you mess up that much on an order.

I bought two copies of Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition from Club Namco. They only charged me for one.

Contacted Digital River about it, and, they were unable to figure out what to do to charge the correct amount.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']About three years ago I bought purchased a 2tb HDD from Amazon.com. A couple days later the UPS guy delivered a giant crate to me. Puzzled, I opened up the crate to find 25 2tb HDD inside. I'll look to see if I still have the pics I took of it lying around. I don't know how you mess up that much on an order.[/QUOTE]

Did they charge you for all 25? Also did you keep them?

My best error was rock band 2 special edition for the wii.

Toys r us had a deal, b1 g1 50% off.
Also rb 2 had a deal of $80 off retail.

The way it worked was,
Bought donkey kong country ($50) and got rb 2. Rock band 2 was $180, it was reduced to half so down to $90. Then $80 off so then down to $10

Walked out with donkey kong country and rb 2 special edition for $60!

Clerk was surprised, said it was such a good deal and he was going to buy it too. He didnt want to let me buy them at first, but I said "Well it rung up that way on the register, it wouldnt of rung up that way if it was wrong"

Walked out the door.. came back in 5 min later and bought another set for $60. I should have cleared out the store, I could of got 10 lol

Ended up selling one RB 2 on CL for $130. Then returned the other games including rb 2 to walmart for a gift card. (ugh frowned upon I know)

Bought an xbox 360 + games. So basically I got a free xbox out of the deal.

Another one, bought 1600 XBox point card from amazon, they sent me two.

Another fun one, 25k in free xbox MSP from call of duty gamestop instant win promo. There was one day where you won every single time, no losses. It was like a 3 hour window.. I could of got more but felt it was enough ( it wasnt! only 1k left)

Bought a laptop for the GF. Was $700, on sale for $630. A week later, it was on sale for $600, so I called for a price match. Lady on the phone processed a $32 refund.

About a month later, I see on the card that they refunded an additional $100.

Another time, Rightstuf sent me two copies of a light novel. I assume they didn't mark it off my order when it was shipped the first time. Asked them about it, and they said to keep it.

I bought one of these last year:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/OmniMou...161&skuId=5044635&st=omnimount rack&cp=1&lp=1

There was a big problem with shipping though, as if the Best Buy side of the warehouse lost the order (it never showed as being picked up for delivery and they couldn't find documentation for where it was), so eventually they shipped another one at no charge to me. I wasn't home the day it ended up being delivered, but both racks were on the truck addressed to me. Hooray me, right? No, my wife only took delivery of the one and said the 2nd one shouldn't be for me (though it was addressed to me with a purchase order of $0.00).

Oh dear wife. :(

[quote name='elessar123']Bought a laptop for the GF. Was $700, on sale for $630. A week later, it was on sale for $600, so I called for a price match. Lady on the phone processed a $32 refund.

About a month later, I see on the card that they refunded an additional $100.

Another time, Rightstuf sent me two copies of a light novel. I assume they didn't mark it off my order when it was shipped the first time. Asked them about it, and they said to keep it.[/QUOTE]

They must not have remembered you only paid $630 not the full price.

[quote name='Hemi']Did they charge you for all 25? Also did you keep them?[/QUOTE]

I was charged for one and yes, I kept them. No morality arguments please.

[quote name='pjb16']I bought one of these last year:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/OmniMou...161&skuId=5044635&st=omnimount rack&cp=1&lp=1

There was a big problem with shipping though, as if the Best Buy side of the warehouse lost the order (it never showed as being picked up for delivery and they couldn't find documentation for where it was), so eventually they shipped another one at no charge to me. I wasn't home the day it ended up being delivered, but both racks were on the truck addressed to me. Hooray me, right? No, my wife only took delivery of the one and said the 2nd one shouldn't be for me (though it was addressed to me with a purchase order of $0.00).

Oh dear wife. :([/QUOTE]

You probably looked like someone killed your puppy when youheard that XD.
(I'm actually suprised how popular this thread is o.0)

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']I was charged for one and yes, I kept them. No morality arguments please.[/QUOTE]

... Still have any? I'm in the market for an external HDD.

[quote name='Hemi']... Still have any? I'm in the market for an external HDD.[/QUOTE]

Sadly no. I kept them and cashed out after the Great HDD Flood. Made a couple grand after.

[quote name='pjb16']I bought one of these last year:

Oh dear wife. :([/QUOTE]

That's actually not wise. I've had larger items shipped to me in two identical boxes. Your wife could have refused the second box in that case.

Stoic 1, GS 0[/QUOTE]
hahahahahahahaha :applause::applause::applause:

A few years ago I decided to condense my DVD collections and ordered a 10-pack of cheap 4-disc empty cases. A week later, UPS delivers this big ass package and I end up getting 48 cases! Granted, they were all old Blockbuster cases so the discs will a little hard to get out and they have that "fuzzy" plastic covering, but I have still gotten a ton of use out of them.

For me... When I pre-order (online and pay in full) at BB and go to do a midnight launch pickup. For some reason their system doesn't recognize that I've picked it up. So I get an email that reminds me to go pick it up or else they'll credit back my account for not picking it up. Which I waited past 7 days and they credited my account. It's nice to have a free game due to their errors. (This happens to me more than I can remember. Not sure if this ever happen to anyone? The last time it happened to me was for COD BlackOpsII. Wish they have more midnight launches.)

[quote name='elessar123']That's actually not wise. I've had larger items shipped to me in two identical boxes. Your wife could have refused the second box in that case.[/QUOTE]

It was the complete item in the one box. My wife is too nice for her own good at times, but she knew the item was complete in the one box (it was evident by the tracking that it was one box as well; had I not already known it shipped complete).

[quote name='pjb16']It was the complete item in the one box. My wife is too nice for her own good at times, but she knew the item was complete in the one box (it was evident by the tracking that it was one box as well; had I not already known it shipped complete).[/QUOTE]

One of those times you say "I love you anyway."

[quote name='pjb16']It was the complete item in the one box. My wife is too nice for her own good at times, but she knew the item was complete in the one box (it was evident by the tracking that it was one box as well; had I not already known it shipped complete).[/QUOTE]

Ah you see, when it happened to me, it was one tracking number, second box was the same labeling and size, and the second box had shipping $0.00 on it.

When the Wii U came out I paid off my pre-order a few days in advance. I redeemed a $25 rewards coupon to use on my purchase. I guess it couldn't be redeemed on a pre-order, so I had pro controller refunded but she gave me cash instead of putting it back on my card and took $5 for the pre-order.

Here comes launch day and the manager who did the previous transaction is ringing me up. For what ever reason she brings up two controllers and I tell her I only ordered one and I try to pay for it but she's not having any of that. According to her I already paid for it, I tried to tell her and even look at her funny and ask her don't you remember yesterday? In the end I received a free Pro-Controller and was refunded my $5. O_O

A few years ago, when EA had pretty solid online sales and $15 off codes that worked on each game in your cart.

I ordered a handful of games, Mass Effect 2, Orange Box, Saboteur, Dante's Inferno, Godfather 2, for $5 each. Every game except Godfather II shipped to me, I contacted EA, they said it's on back order and will ship it to me when they get more. Cool, no biggie.

A couple weeks later, a box from EA shows up. I think it's Godfather 2, but it's the first four games again. A couple weeks later, two boxes from EA. Two copies of each game, sans Godfather 2. Another box a few weeks later, and then a few weeks after that, two boxes with two copies of every game, INCLUDING Godfather 2. I ended up getting 7 or so copies of every game and it only cost me $25. I guess for some reason they kept processing my order since it was open since they never shipped Godfather 2, so I kept getting tons of games. Sold all the extras for $15 or so each...was a good time :D

Best Buy 'free game coupons', Target PS+ price mistake, etc. Pretty much anything reported on this site that we took advantage of. ;)

best moment i could recall was using a @gamer coupon at bestbuy when final fantasy 13-2 was priced at $10 with the coupon. went to best buy with two friends and noticed that the guy that did my checkout didnt take the coupon away, so i had both friends purchase the same game. we took our copies and did a no receipt return at walmart. got full value for the games totalling $150 and changed it into a visa gift card. turned $30 into $150 so we went out for buffalo wild wings x]

[quote name='SereneStream']best moment i could recall was using a @gamer coupon at bestbuy when final fantasy 13-2 was priced at $10 with the coupon. went to best buy with two friends and noticed that the guy that did my checkout didnt take the coupon away, so i had both friends purchase the same game. we took our copies and did a no receipt return at walmart. got full value for the games totalling $150 and changed it into a visa gift card. turned $30 into $150 so we went out for buffalo wild wings x][/QUOTE]

Return fraud isn't going to get you any friends around here and it certainly isn't the kind of attention you want to get around here or something to be proud of. :applause:

[quote name='SereneStream']best moment i could recall was using a @gamer coupon at bestbuy when final fantasy 13-2 was priced at $10 with the coupon. went to best buy with two friends and noticed that the guy that did my checkout didnt take the coupon away, so i had both friends purchase the same game. we took our copies and did a no receipt return at walmart. got full value for the games totalling $150 and changed it into a visa gift card. turned $30 into $150 so we went out for buffalo wild wings x][/QUOTE]

In before the morality police tell you you're going to hell. Haha

Did a B2G1 free on gamestop.com and it actually gave me B2G2. I don't know if it's because one of the games was the Gears of War Triple Pack (2.5 games technically), but still, was pretty awesome:bouncy:

I went to (store shall remain nameless) years ago when Super Mario 64 for DS released and the employee just put the game out on the shelf like it came from the supplier ( I'm guessing) which was 4 copies of the game shrink wrapped together as one. Was sitting on a regular shelf and not locked behind glass like now. I grabbed the game(s) and went to the front of the store and the clueless cashier just scanned the barcode on the back and I got charged for one game instead of four. Yeah, I felt a little guilty but damn it, I have and continue to spend tons of money at said store as its one of my favorite stores.

Everyone elses is game related, but years ago at Kmart I was buying a new lawnmower (MSRP around $300) and it rang up.... $15. Cashier just shrugged and said have a nice day.

[quote name='Rig']I bought two copies of Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition from Club Namco. They only charged me for one.

Contacted Digital River about it, and, they were unable to figure out what to do to charge the correct amount.[/QUOTE]

Although it sucks that someone got screwed out of their WE because of this, I'm glad Digital River lost money.

This was back when Hollywood Video was closing and liquidating all of their movies. I bought 15 blu rays off their website for about $80. The next month, I get my bank statement and it shows Hollywood Video charging me twice for the 15 movies. But underneath that, it shows Hollywood Video refunding me 3 times. Never understood and didn't get charged again. So they basically paid me $80 to take 15 movies from them.

Back when castlevania SoTN first came out I was at target and I was about 12 yrs old and I asked one of the cashiers to check the price and BAM!! $4.99 came up I was like " I'm sorry can you scan it again " so he did and I said "ok I'll buy it" I will never forget that day

I've had a few. Nothing huge, but I've gotten some free games.

Once I bought a computer, along with Eternal Sonata. The cashier scanned my computer and bagged it. He then bagged Eternal Sonata, but apparently never scanned it. I got home and realized it wasn't even on the receipt. So I got it "free" with my computer basically.

Another time I bought a bunch of seasons of shows from Walmart on Black Friday for $10 each. A few weeks later I decided I didn't want a couple of them so I returned them (didnt have the receipt). They gave me back the full price for each season I returned instead of the $10 Black Friday price I bought them for. I did not correct them.

Another time was with Best Buy. I had ordered Little Big Planet 2 Collectors Edition x3 during a B2G1 I think it was. I dont really remember what happened but I ended up cancelling the order but receiving them anyway and I was never charged.

Just recently I ordered the Zelda Hyrule Historia Limited Edition book from Barnes and Noble and it was cancelled by them with no notice. They ended up sending a copy anyway and I never got charged for it.

There's been a lot of online errors and such that I've gotten in on. The biggest was a few years ago when the MS store had an error where I ended up with 6 copies of Dragon Age, 6x Assassins Creed, and 6x 3 month live subs for like $12.

I ordered season 1 through 4 of Battlestar Galactica (blu-ray) online from Walmart and chose in-store pickup. I think they were around 17.99 per season. I arrived home and found that they didn't charge me for two of them. I did go back to the store to see what happened, the cashier just laughed at me and told me to go home. (Yes, it was to satisfy my morality). Turns out I ended up with all 4 seasons for $40.00. (happy)

bread's done
Back