Skylanders Giants Ninjini Released 2/27 TRU

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:33 PM

Shit, got it free at the Times Square event a few weeks ago. I had no idea they were going for so much on eBay - I would've sold that sucka in a heartbeat.

Yeah you really missed out on that cash grab. I would have done the same thing.

#32 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:12 PM

I can't believe I paid $7.5 for it... TRU in Time Square is selling them, limit to ONE per customer, which is fine by me. TRU is charging a whoopee $18.99 for one! Can you believe this?! So with B1G1 40%, you're essentially bumping to normal $14.99 (but you have to buy two). STUPID! I have a $10 off reward coupon for Skylander, so knocked down a bit, then those stupid remaining reward money over the holiday. Anyhow, not going to buy from TRU if I can avoid it.

#33 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I dont think I'll tell the boy I got it. I think I'll put it on his nightstand after I get it and let him wake up to her sitiing there.

Grab a USB wall charger and a portal, plug the portal in and place it on his nightstand with Ninjini on it after he goes to sleep, then wake him in the middle of the night and enjoy the transition from horror to excitement in less than 30 seconds.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#34 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

Grab a USB wall charger and a portal, plug the portal in and place it on his nightstand with Ninjini on it after he goes to sleep, then wake him in the middle of the night and enjoy the transition from horror to excitement in less than 30 seconds.

lol, that's a great idea! He's 4 1/2 years old so that should be a huge surprise for him. He seriously asks me about her everyday, even though I've told him 100 times not until all the snow is gone (spring).

I should record the whole thing and post it here. :D

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#35 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:02 AM

Thanks! I refreshed for about 10 minutes and it popped up for me. Its backordered until march 1st, thats fines with me though. I dont think I'll tell the boy I got it. I think I'll put it on his nightstand after I get it and let him wake up to her sitiing there. Thanks again!!:bouncy:

Glad some folks were able to take advantage of it. I had no clue Amazon was going to carry it so soon since the TRU email made it seem like it was a timed exclusive to TRU. Happened to have a link saved to Ninjini, guess it was good to have it lol. Mine just switched to shipping soon so maybe yours will as well.

#36 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

For those that are still looking for Eyebrawl and Thumpback, They are both currently in stock at Amazon for $14.99 with FSSS

#37 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

Decided to stop by TRU before work today. No Ninjini at 10:03 when I got there, just three employees bitching to themselves how that "stupid email was going to result in people asking all day if we have one specific Skylander we didn't even get any shipment of."

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#38 TwYsTeD

TwYsTeD

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

wh...what? Who would pay 200 bucks for this? Do people need it early that bad? People are dumb but i call bs to those ebay prices being real

my friend sold an eyebrawl for 150.00 and another for 100.00 on ebay within days of each other those prices are real people are crazy
Posted Image

#39 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

Decided to stop by TRU before work today. No Ninjini at 10:03 when I got there, just three employees bitching to themselves how that "stupid email was going to result in people asking all day if we have one specific Skylander we didn't even get any shipment of."

lol... Where was this at? I think it's funny about the phone calls, I remember when Giants first came out, I couldn't get any damn service because the damn phone was ringing too damn much.

I picked up two of them today at TRU, I don't know what I should do with the second one.

#40 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

lol... Where was this at? I think it's funny about the phone calls, I remember when Giants first came out, I couldn't get any damn service because the damn phone was ringing too damn much.

I picked up two of them today at TRU, I don't know what I should do with the second one.

I would love to buy it from you! Even some extra for your troubles!

#41 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

This guy never says how much he paid for his ripoff Ninjini, but I'm sure it well into the hundnerds:

How come his portal glows all around? Mine only glows on the top and bottom (mine is from Giants 360)

I think it's just the lighting. Or he bought his portal from china and it uses cheap transparent plastic. China on ebay will screw you everytime. I do like how he was going to contact activision about something not released yet.

#42 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

I just want the figure cuz its badass. I dont even have giants..

#43 Clown069

Clown069

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

I was able to grab one today, but that's only because I know someone that works there.
Posted Image

#44 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

FYI, the "Molten Hot Dog" Wal-Mart exclusive single is in stock online at walmart.com
http://www.walmart.c...versal/23025229

I already have the regular Hot Dog, but he's kinda cute, so it's tempting...

If anyone wants to hook me up with a Ninjini, let me know!
Posted Image

#45 arbailey

arbailey

Proud to be a CAG!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

FYI, the "Molten Hot Dog" Wal-Mart exclusive single is in stock online at walmart.com

My kids will love him. In for one, thank you.

#46 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

I gave Ninjini to my 5-year-old as a reward for being good at school and let him play yesterday afternoon before dinner. He was playing for less than an hour when I saw he already had the character leveled up to 7, lol.

#47 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

My ninjini that was backordered from Amazon just went to shipping soon.

#48 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

mine shows shipping soon as well with a delivery estimate of march 6th. I have prime so that puts it shipping Monday if that estimated date is correct. I've had back ordered skylanders ship before the "in stock" date in the past do it could ship today or tomorrow possibly.

#49 gnargnargnar

gnargnargnar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think it's just the lighting. Or he bought his portal from china and it uses cheap transparent plastic. China on ebay will screw you everytime. I do like how he was going to contact activision about something not released yet.

The first round of giants starter packs from Wal-Mart (the sets with the glow in the dark Cynder) also came with "glow in the dark" portals made with a translucent housing like that.
Posted Image

#50 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

mine shows shipping soon as well with a delivery estimate of march 6th. I have prime so that puts it shipping Monday if that estimated date is correct. I've had back ordered skylanders ship before the "in stock" date in the past do it could ship today or tomorrow possibly.

Im prime also and have the same estimated delivery date. From my experience with prime, if something ships out by noon on thursday, it gets upgraded to one day and I always get it on Friday. Hopefully thats the case here. I cant wait to surprise the boy with her (more excited he'll stop asking me everyday when he'll be getting her :lol:)

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#51 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

That sounds like my kids. They ask me daily if I found her yet because they know I look online. My son heard about swap force the other day at school and told me about. I told him I haven't heard of it and he hasn't asked about it again. If I told him the truth then I would be hearing about swap force everyday until it came out.

#52 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

That sounds like my kids. They ask me daily if I found her yet because they know I look online. My son heard about swap force the other day at school and told me about. I told him I haven't heard of it and he hasn't asked about it again. If I told him the truth then I would be hearing about swap force everyday until it came out.

The day they announced swapforce I told my wife there goes another $300 at least.

My kids have no interest (at the moment at least) in Disney Infinity, though.

#53 Redeema

Redeema

Refuses to pay full price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Thanks for reminding me, turns out I had a $20 gift card, so I picked up two. Also, noticed a few of the Giants figures are down to $6-7 on Amazon, more common figures, but cheaper than retail.

On topic, I wonder what the chances are finding Ninjini tomorrow? No ToysRUs within 50 miles of here. Any other stores confirmed for getting these? Just Amazon and TRU?

Now playing: Gears of War: Judgment, Fire Emblem

rifsbannerslim.jpg

#54 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for reminding me, turns out I had a $20 gift card, so I picked up two. Also, noticed a few of the Giants figures are down to $6-7 on Amazon, more common figures, but cheaper than retail.

On topic, I wonder what the chances are finding Ninjini tomorrow? No ToysRUs within 50 miles of here. Any other stores confirmed for getting these? Just Amazon and TRU?

TRU should be empty of Ninjini. Mine sold out by noon, luckily I went at 10am.

#55 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Wal-Mart has its new Molten Hot Dog, so that may mean its slowly getting in the new wave. I called a few GameStops and they know they're out, but they haven't seen any yet.

Check all over if you want, but don't hold your breath... wait a week or two and it'll be in stock in a few places.

Edit: my Walmart had piles of Molten Hot Dogs... And that was about it. :/

Edited by apterous, 01 March 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#56 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:39 AM

My backordered Ninjini shipped today :)

Delivery estimate of Monday

Although it shipped out through usps instead of UPS like every other thing Ive ordered through amazon. Maybe I'll get it Saturday :)

#57 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

Mine shipped also, ups though. Looks like it'll be here Monday.

#58 ShirtSizeXXXLXT

ShirtSizeXXXLXT

Fluffernutter 4LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:56 AM

Congrats to all you who managed to get a Ninjini. I have a friend who has been itching for one. I can't believe this artificial drought Activision has created. What a shame. This whole thing is very reminiscent of the Beanie Baby craze!!!

ShirtSizeXXXLXT.jpg

If you have a Gameboy Micro for sale, I would like to buy it from you!

#59 vince726

vince726

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:46 AM

You can order Ninjini online at TRU.. but shipping is over $5.00... I just ordered one for my son...

#60 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:15 PM

You can order Ninjini online at TRU.. but shipping is over $5.00... I just ordered one for my son...

DONE. :D

Picked up a Ninjini, also picked up another single with the B1G1 40% off. Ninjini + single + ships + tax = ~$30... in my mind worth the extra $5 to not have to call every Gamestop for the next month.

Too bad I can't use Shoprunner on anything useful at TRU.com.
Posted Image