GGT 219 only listens to dubstep if Bane is in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, Dido. If you're going to go to war with me over a city that you will never, ever take, draining both of our resources for thousands and thousands of years, I'm just going to start a new game.

Jesus fucking Christ, Carthage.

Indignate 86
hankmecrankme 68
GUNNM 57
CaptainJoel 42
Luxuria 38
mrspicytacoman 33
whoknows 32
corrosivefrost 23
The Crotch 17
j-cart 12
icebeast 11
snakemaster2389 10
TurkFebruary 9
BlueScrote 8
dmaul1114 8
distgfx 7
ActionKazimer 5
Rei no Otaku 5
Krymner 4
ihadFG 3
dohdough 3
MSUHitman 3
panzerfaust 3
Jimbo Slice 3
TheLongshot 2
guinaevere 1
availablewaif48 1
dothog 1
CaseyRyback 1
linkpwns 1
heavyd853 1
ScarlettsUnderBoob 1
gunm 1
I am disappointed with both Rei's and Rai's performance.

[quote name='Indignate']I am disappointed with both Rei's and Rai's performance.[/QUOTE]
Uraizen doesn't do well in crowds. :whistle2:#

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Yes, 218 had a large cast of characters and a lot of activity.

It was glorious.[/QUOTE]
Indubitably. I hope they all come back now, y'hear.

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']do you have a double post counter?[/QUOTE]

Don't be jelly.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Post 1.[/QUOTE]
tumblr_m7dp11Zx0H1qh94vdo2_500.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Post 2.[/QUOTE]
tumblr_m7dp11Zx0H1qh94vdo1_500.jpg

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Post 3.[/QUOTE]
tumblr_m7dp11Zx0H1qh94vdo4_500.jpg

Finished MGR, finally. Not really a big fan of the combat outside of boss fights or the music (the final boss battle music is awesome, though). Everything else was pretty decent. It wasn't worth 60 bucks, but I'll get something back for it next week when I get Tomb Raider and MLB 13 The Show, since hey, I finally got a PS3.

Leda also totally has a rainbow Thanos chin going on up there.

[quote name='GhostShark']Leda also totally has a rainbow Thanos chin going on up there.[/QUOTE]

Or a skrull:
2545495-jeremy.png

[quote name='GhostShark'] It wasn't worth 60 bucks, but I'll get something back for it next week when I get Tomb Raider and MLB 13 The Show, since hey, I finally got a PS3.[/QUOTE]

I'm super excited for Tomb Raider, can't wait to play it, got it pre-ordered through Steam.

[quote name='GhostShark']I appreciate you posting Spider-Woman skrull, because since she is Spider-Woman, she is the best Skrull.

[quote name='GhostShark']Finished MGR, finally. Not really a big fan of the combat outside of boss fights or the music (the final boss battle music is awesome, though). Everything else was pretty decent. It wasn't worth 60 bucks, but I'll get something back for it next week when I get Tomb Raider and MLB 13 The Show, since hey, I finally got a PS3.

Leda also totally has a rainbow Thanos chin going on up there.[/QUOTE]
I'm already on my 4th playthrough and still loving it.

I'm also excited for Tomb Raider getting it on xbox doe also next week is that new naruto game who is gonna be cooping with me?
And that new castlevania for the 3ds I'll be renting that

[quote name='GhostShark']Finished MGR, finally. Not really a big fan of the combat outside of boss fights or the music (the final boss battle music is awesome, though). Everything else was pretty decent. It wasn't worth 60 bucks, but I'll get something back for it next week when I get Tomb Raider and MLB 13 The Show, since hey, I finally got a PS3. [/QUOTE]

I would like you to elaborate on those two bits.

[quote name='GhostShark']
Leda also totally has a rainbow Thanos chin going on up there.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly.

[quote name='icebeast']Or a skrull:
2545495-jeremy.png
[/QUOTE]
Skrull tits are great.

[quote name='distgfx']I would like you to elaborate on those two bits.[/QUOTE]

Boss fights required me to think and actually put Blade Mode to good use in certain fights. Everything else, I just mashed on X and Y and didn't even bother trying to do anything fancy, and shit just died. For instance, I never used parry once, except on Jetsream Sam and the final fight. And that seems like something that could've been used more, but the core enemies are killed easily without it. It gets even more useless once you get ripper mode.

As for the price, I paid 60 bucks, and played it for 5 hours and 10 minutes. That's not good. And I am pretty sure I left it running for a bit while writing a paper, too. And not to mention the time I spent talking on codecs.

I still enjoyed the game, but it could've been better. The narrative and atmosphere of the game was really nice, especially some of the rhetorical dialogue at the end about memes and maxims.

[quote name='GhostShark']Boss fights required me to think and actually put Blade Mode to good use in certain fights. Everything else, I just mashed on X and Y and didn't even bother trying to do anything fancy, and shit just died. For instance, I never used parry once, except on Jetsream Sam and the final fight. And that seems like something that could've been used more, but the core enemies are killed easily without it. It gets even more useless once you get ripper mode.[/quote]
How the hell did you beat Monsoon if you didn't parry? No parry=death in that fight...at least it did for me.

As for the price, I paid 60 bucks, and played it for 5 hours and 10 minutes. That's not good. And I am pretty sure I left it running for a bit while writing a paper, too. And not to mention the time I spent talking on codecs.
Are you talking 5 hours with the in-game timer or in actual play time because 5 hours is prodigiously fast.

I still enjoyed the game, but it could've been better. The narrative and atmosphere of the game was really nice, especially some of the rhetorical dialogue at the end about memes and maxims.
I agree. If they had more than a year to develop it, I'm sure it would've been even better.

I will get that MGR when it drops to $40.

Dang but this Vanquish is all over the place. Reminds me why I don't much care for fast-paced shooters. I keep trying to melee everything, and the melee attack in this game sucks.

[quote name='GhostShark']Boss fights required me to think and actually put Blade Mode to good use in certain fights. Everything else, I just mashed on X and Y and didn't even bother trying to do anything fancy, and shit just died. For instance, I never used parry once, except on Jetsream Sam and the final fight. And that seems like something that could've been used more, but the core enemies are killed easily without it. It gets even more useless once you get ripper mode.

I still enjoyed the game, but it could've been better. The narrative and atmosphere of the game was really nice, especially some of the rhetorical dialogue at the end about memes and maxims.[/QUOTE]

Go play on a hard mode. The whole point of those games is to start on hard and always move up.

[quote name='dohdough']How the hell did you beat Monsoon if you didn't parry? No parry=death in that fight...at least it did for me.

.[/QUOTE]
I learned doing my no hit run that you could block that big thing he throws at you but other than that you don't need to parry much just block a lot.

[quote name='j-cart']Go play on a hard mode. The whole point of those games is to start on hard and always move up.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I would go through on hard would be too level up Sam's sword, because it's awesome. Maybe I will try it on hard this weekend. Shouldn't take me long to beat.

[quote name='GhostShark']Boss fights required me to think and actually put Blade Mode to good use in certain fights. Everything else, I just mashed on X and Y and didn't even bother trying to do anything fancy, and shit just died. For instance, I never used parry once, except on Jetsream Sam and the final fight. And that seems like something that could've been used more, but the core enemies are killed easily without it. It gets even more useless once you get ripper mode.

I still enjoyed the game, but it could've been better. The narrative and atmosphere of the game was really nice, especially some of the rhetorical dialogue at the end about memes and maxims.[/QUOTE]

1) Did you only play through it on normal or easy? That's not the point of these games, those modes are basically for journalists.

2) Did you pull this number from the completion screen?

[quote name='distgfx']1) Did you only play through it on normal or easy? That's not the point of these games, those modes are basically for journalists.

2) Did you pull this number from the completion screen?[/QUOTE]

I played on normal to start.

It's not an exact number, but it was definately under 5 hours 30 minutes before I started the final final final fight with
Armstrong

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']Just goes to show mgs games suck
and are filled with filler bro

I will play dat shit when its free
Gotta save up monies for risen 3[/QUOTE]

Are...are you rhyming?

Have you been an ill slam poet this entire time?

[quote name='GhostShark']I played on normal to start.

It's not an exact number, but it was definately under 5 hours 30 minutes before I started the final final final fight with
Armstrong
[/QUOTE]

If you're playing on normal just to get new techniques, then that's cool. Just hit "Continue" when you start again otherwise you have to start over. It will let you pick a new difficulty to start on.

It took me about as long as it took me to finish DmC. So it's pretty standard length for an action game. The actual amount of time I've put into it so far is around 15 hours. I still haven't unlocked everything and need to beat the VR missions. This is one of the very few games I would consider worth the full $60 solely because of how good it is. A game's length shouldn't really dictate its worth. To each their own, I suppose?

[quote name='GUNNM']I learned doing my no hit run that you could block that big thing he throws at you but other than that you don't need to parry much just block a lot.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh...right. I mixed up the two terms.

Maybe I'll muster up the skills to tackle a perfect Revengeance difficulty run one day, but I need to work on my secondary weapon skills. 1st on VR missions is a pipe dream though.:lol:

[quote name='dohdough']Ahhh...right. I mixed up the two terms.

Maybe I'll muster up the skills to tackle a perfect Revengeance difficulty run one day, but I need to work on my secondary weapon skills. 1st on VR missions is a pipe dream though.:lol:[/QUOTE]

That's basically what you need to S rank it, lol. Almost everything kills you in a single hit, even if you have a 200% life bar. The counter in that mode is fucking broke, though. It can do 50% to a boss and 70% if you're in ripper mode. That mode is just "parry or die."

[quote name='Indignate']I am disappointed with both Rei's and Rai's performance.[/QUOTE]
I like to play video games more than talk about them.
[quote name='GhostShark']Finished MGR, finally. Not really a big fan of the combat outside of boss fights or the music (the final boss battle music is awesome, though). Everything else was pretty decent. It wasn't worth 60 bucks, but I'll get something back for it next week when I get Tomb Raider and MLB 13 The Show, since hey, I finally got a PS3.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much how I felt. Went back to DmC.

Did you play on easy (aka normal)? Because mashing attacks just doesn't work.
And I spent over 10 hours on my first playthrough. I've beaten the game 3 times and have played for over 22 hours -- I don't think that includes time spent in VR missions either.

The game is amazing.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I like to play video games more than talk about them.

Pretty much how I felt. Went back to DmC.[/QUOTE]

If your point was "I had more fun with DmC", ignore the rest.

If your point was "It was mash attack to win in Revengeance":

Based on what I've seen and played... how the hell is DmC less "mash attack to win" than MGR?
Uraizen has posted videos of him spamming a single attack over and over again on DmD and winning. :rofl:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Did you play on easy (aka normal)? Because mashing attacks just doesn't work.
And I spent over 10 hours on my first playthrough. I've beaten the game 3 times and have played for over 22 hours -- I don't think that includes time spent in VR missions either.

The game is amazing.[/quote]
Trying to gold VR missions are an exercise in self control. Playing them just makes me want to break my controller in half and Zandatsu my tv after curbstomping my PS3.

If your point was "I had more fun with DmC", ignore the rest.

Based on what I've seen and played... how the hell is DmC less "mash attack to win" than MGR?
Uraizen has posted videos of him spamming a single attack over and over again on DmD and winning. :rofl:
Drive spam? That move is soooo OP.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']If your point was "I had more fun with DmC", ignore the rest.

Uraizen has posted videos of him spamming a single attack over and over again on DmD and winning. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Always about fun. Not much else really matters. MGR was good, but I don't have anywhere near the fun with it that I do with DmC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back