Photo
- - - - -

GGT 219 only listens to dubstep if Bane is in it.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
502 replies to this topic

#241 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

They're fucking piss-poor at recognizing where to fight, though....It was just so god damn bizarre to see an AI with the most impossibly perfect defencive setup do everything in its power to not utilize any of it.

I don't disagree with that, it's likely true in general. With your particular instance, how was Vicky doing with other civs in that match? What you're perceiving as AI not knowing how to confront you on that advantageous front may instead be a case of AI assessing multiple DOWs and underestimating the threat of a given front. Which goes even further toward your point of the AI just not understanding war, but on a deeper level: I think the AI is capable of tactics like using geography in terms of "Where to fight?", but there's a step before those simple tactics that is broken, and that's threat assessment. The AI has no clue.

Also, Vick's such a cunt. I love her, I get excited when she's in a match. My favorite moments with Vick are those 4 or 5 turns in the early game in which, for whatever reason, she kind of likes me. I love that brief moment, waiting for her to hate the shit out of me. There's something comforting about the inevitable and inexplicable hatred of Vicky.

Same goes for early scouting and seeing Monty as a neighbor, and then 2 turns later he pops a forward settlement on you. Monty's a good friend that way.

Completely killing them off gives you a huge diplomacy penalty with the other AIs, so I always end up leaving one shitty city furiously pumping out riflemen to match my tanks, denouncing me, yelling at me for being friends with people, getting in the way of troop/ship maneuvering, etc. for the rest of the game. Being able to say, "Hey, I could kill you, but I'll let you live if you work for me for the rest of the game." was sweet. Really problematic with how the AI worked in Civ IV, but sweet.

There's something to that. The problem is there's good and bad to each. I agree that the way it is in 5 is pretty stupid, the game forces us to this point where we strip everything away but one shit settlement on an island with no production tiles, pillage everything, and leave them be. It's dumb.

However, the Vassal system was also a pain in the ass in 4 for the reasons you mention. The AI could do some stupid shit and you were dragged into that mess, and to make it worse, even though they were your vassal you'd miss out on a lot of benefits that you thought would've been there (e.g. shared research). For me, at least, that made vassals a novelty, it wasn't a meaningful mechanic and for that reason I didn't mind it getting cut out.

I don't know how they'll resolve that. It still goes back to diplomacy. There needs to be some consideration of mercy if you're defending against a DOW and, in the process of that defense, you could potentially wipe out the civ. (To be honest, this may be in the game. I'm only unsure because I haven't wiped anyone out in so long, when I do warmonger, I'm so accustomed to leaving them sitting with one city and not much else.)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#242 j-cart

j-cart

PAPER TRAILS on a mountain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Weren't you planning on buying Heart of the Swarm?

You kidding me? I will rape HoTS.

Also:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-gmyOvUig

Shit, I have like no time right now to play games...

#243 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I know :P but thankfully not many games (other than SWTOR) has been very CPU heavy.

My old ass 940 at 3.6 Ghz held back my 480 like mad, mostly in open world games. Assassin's Creed 2 would sit at 40 FPS the whole time. i5 at 4.5 Ghz solved that little problem. But yes, it depends on the game. . .

Spoiler

If you need a second liver, you can use mine!

Won't stop alcohol poisoninc when I'm mainlining 151 Rum.

i lol'd

I try not to make fun of liberal arts majors cuz it gets me in trouble
but sometimes I think they are actually totally clueless

They really are clueless. It's awesome. So, make fun all you want. They deserve it.

Posted Image Posted Image

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#244 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

You kidding me? I will rape HoTS.

Also:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB-gmyOvUig

Shit, I have like no time right now to play games...

yo is that game single player
been wanting to check it out

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#245 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Kinda wish the update gave humans more stuff, as they're kinda hurting right now. I think the only Big New Thing is the railgun Exo, which is a pretty fucking cruel trick, as that'll just lead to more players saving all their resources to buy useless mechs instead of jetpacks and landmines.

I don't disagree with that, it's likely true in general. With your particular instance, how was Vicky doing with other civs in that match? What you're perceiving as AI not knowing how to confront you on that advantageous front may instead be a case of AI assessing multiple DOWs and underestimating the threat of a given front. Which goes even further toward your point of the AI just not understanding war, but on a deeper level: I think the AI is capable of tactics like using geography in terms of "Where to fight?", but there's a step before those simple tactics that is broken, and that's threat assessment. The AI has no clue.

The only other civ on our continent was the Mayans, who we both hated, and who she had conquered about 20 turns before attacking me. In fact, I had no common border with her until she took Palenque. Now, I did have a lot of juicy, undefended cities to the north, but if she wanted to reach them, smashing her face into an uninterrupted mountain range was not the way to do it. At one point she did embark a longswordsman and a great general in the direction of my capital, but they turned around after spending two turns in the water.

Posted Image

#246 dothog

dothog

n ur race snakin mai kart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

At one point she did embark a longswordsman and a great general in the direction of my capital, but they turned around after spending two turns in the water.

That is so Vicky. We have fun together. If it helps make up for the AI's lacking battle tactics, try to pretend the AI has a very advanced sense of humor. For instance, that longswordsman/general combo was a "warning" delivered with a knowing wink.

Oh Vicky you silly thundercunt.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#247 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

yo is that game single player
been wanting to check it out

Multiplayer. I got a one more copy of it. Yours for $7.50.

#248 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

how about $free.99?

#249 j-cart

j-cart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Can't, you aren't friends with me on Steam.

#250 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Man, Fuck whoever put all these maps of empty ocean in Civ 5's goody huts.

Fuck him right in his big dumb face.

Posted Image

#251 Rai Rai

Rai Rai

Titanfall DLC #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Anybody else remember this crap? It's hilarious.

#252 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Do you love me GGT?

#253 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

I love you for putting The Mighty Boosh in here.

#254 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:30 AM

The only reason I played this game was for its cutscenes. Love them.

I like how this one black guy manager at my nearest KFC rejected the chicken and told the employees to make me some new chicken. He understood how us black folks like our friend chicken fresh and not hard.

I love me some fried food. I eat friend food all the time and I'm still super skinny. I can eat all the friend chicken and other unhealthy foods never getting fat.:D

#255 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:34 AM

Dude, yes. I remember playing that game and THAT part is the part I remember most vividly. Freakin' loved it. Sega Genesis <3.

So I just finished up Uncharted 3. Man, what a great series. The second one is my favorite but the third one was pretty good. Sully/Drake is the best gaming couple evur.

#256 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:38 AM

I need a gif of that dude's face melting.

#257 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

wow
just learned sim city requires always online drm

Fuck that shit
ill buy it for free
when origin shop makes everything free again.
remember that?

#258 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

When will you ever be on your computer while its not online...?

#259 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Started Earthbound again tonight. Just knocked the heads off of an entire police force with a teeball bat. Remembering why I loved this game so much.

Edit: I had Spark Mandrill down to a science. He was never not frozen blue for more than a frame. Pro-level.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#260 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

lol yeah.

different as in it gives you even more
time to idol worship leda

Teaching is in high demand dawg.

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#261 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:55 AM

my internet goes on and off all the time
plus i have a niceass labtop i like to play in class

plus that shit is fucking stupid
dont do that

#262 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Teaching is in high demand dawg.

yeah you must be right

thats why all my "professors" are graduate students
that get paid nothing to 8 bucks an hour

Go NIU

Not that I should bitch.
Passed alot of classes because of graduate students that dont give a Fuck

#263 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:59 AM

PS4 will have always-on DRM too
Spoiler

#264 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

yeah you must be right

Go NIU

Not that I should bitch.

I said teaching, not professoring.

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#265 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

I said teaching, not professoring.

lol
my bad

#266 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

apparently crysis 3 will be the first game I won't be able to max out
with my old 5850's

Is it finally time for an upgrade after like 3-4 years?

http://kotaku.com/59...-cards-and-cpus

#267 Indignate

Indignate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

By the by, I just picked up the tux for the wedding on Sunday of which I am the best man for some reason.

I get this feeling that the wedding is going to be boring as Fuck though, cuz the couple is pretty fucking boring themselves. Don't have any friends or anything and just mainly hang out with themselves. It's going to be a lot of people from their church and family that I don't like and...that's it.

So my plan is to hook up with my cousin's (who is the groom) cousin who is seventeen and has always been into me.

Good plan or bad plan?

I play bad games

I don't like Godzilla.

#268 hankmecrankme

hankmecrankme

Drunken Jesus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

yeah you must be right

Go NIU

Not that I should bitch.

My friend had to teach while there. He let me read students' essays. Holy Fuck, grammar has no place at NIU. so many papers wer like this you know? they would just keep on going and going at times without stopping like a stream of consciousness full of random thoughts still do not know how anybody actually graduated from his classes i would fail anyone that turned in a paper or test written like this lo srsly tho somebody actually put lol on one of them i literally laughed out loud when i saw it

#269 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Plan.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is OUT NOW! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#270 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

• CAGiversary!

By the by, I just picked up the tux for the wedding on Sunday of which I am the best man for some reason.

I get this feeling that the wedding is going to be boring as Fuck though, cuz the couple is pretty fucking boring themselves. Don't have any friends or anything and just mainly hang out with themselves. It's going to be a lot of people from their church and family that I don't like and...that's it.

So my plan is to hook up with my cousin's (who is the groom) cousin who is seventeen and has always been into me.

Good plan or bad plan?

You want to bang your second cousin thats 17?
Pretty sure thats illegal