How big's your backlog?

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
With all the sales, and not having as much time to game as most of us use to, it's easy to get lost in a sea of unfinished or even unstarted games. I thought it be interesting to have a thread to list the our backlog, and maybe gets opinions about what to play next?

So here's mine (or most of it anyway):

Currently Playing
:ps3:Sound Shapes
:ps3: Critter Crunch (awesome!)
:xbox:NamcoMuseum

Need to Finish/Complete
:ps3:Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
:ps3:Create
:ps3:Folklore
:ps3:Lego Pirates
:ps3:Peggle
:ps3:Megaman 9&10
:ps3:Ratchet and Clank: All4One
:ps3:Foosball 2012
:360:Eternal Sonata
:360:Forza 4
:360:Skyrim
:wii:Kirby's Epic Yarn
:wii:Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
:wii:Trauma Center Second Opinion
:gc:Zelda Wind Waker
:gc:Spongebob Battle For Bikini Bottom
:gc:Metroid Prime 2
:ds:Pokemon Black 2
:ds:Mystery Case Files Millionheir
:gba:Spongebob The Dutchman's Treasure

Haven't Started
:ps3:Battlefield Bad Company 2
:ps3:inFamous 2
:ps3:Journey
:ps3:Vanquish
:ps3:Blue Toad Murder Files EP1
:ps3:Darksiders
:ps3:LittleBigPlanet 2
:ps3:Payday The Heist
:ps3:Dungeon Defenders
:ps3:Quantum Conundrum
:ps3:Anomaly Warzone Earth
:ps3:Guardians of Middle Earth
:ps3:Retro City Rampage
:ps3:Closure
:ps3:Back to the Future EP1
:ps3:Ratchet and Clank HD
:360:Arkham City GOTY
:360:Fable 2
:360:Fallout 3
:wii:Rhythm Heaven Fever
:ps2:Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater
:ps2:Prince of Persia The Two Thrones
:ps2:Kingdom Hearts 2
:ps2:Final Fantasy X

Recently Beat
:ps3:L.A. Noire (disappointing, but the last few missions really picked up :spoiler: did anyone else like Jack WAY more than Phelps?)
:wii: Sonic Colors (awful, don't play it)
:360: Singularity (basically the flashback scenes from Bioshock stretched into a full game)

Not included
All the humble bundle games that wont run on my PC:(

Holly cow, it looks like a lot on paper. Try to only include titles you actually plan on playing/beating. So that's about it, how big's yours (please don't get dirty)?

EDIT: Thanks to Shadowkast for the link. Everyone should go check out backloggery.com. It's a lot easier than making a list in the forum, and it's really helpful to know how many more you've got left:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']With all the sales, and not having as much time to game as most of us use to, it's easy to get lost in a sea of unfinished or even unstarted games.[/QUOTE]

Story of my life for the past 10 years.

I reserve this space, I'll get back to you.........

All for PS3:

Haven't Started:
Alpha Protocol
Final Fantasy XIII-2
ICO
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Planning on finishing/playing more:
Bayonetta(need to all the unlockables)
Dark Souls(need to beat)
Gran Turismo 5(half way done)
Super Street Fighter 4:AE(still can't play for crap)
Ultimate MvC 3(can't play for crap either)

Not going to include all the stuff on PS+ because I'll probably never play them...haha.

BETTER GET ON THAT SPONGEBOB DUTCHMAN'S TREASURE, SON.

I won't even try to make a list. It spans back to the 80s with PC adventure games and the NES.

[quote name='blindinglights']If you can make a list, and doing so isn't a gargantuan task, then you're still in pretty good shape.[/QUOTE]

^This^. Also, I think my collecting habits have overcome by gaming habits... :lol:

[quote name='blindinglights']If you can make a list, and doing so isn't a gargantuan task, then you're still in pretty good shape.[/QUOTE]

I always think it's cute when people make these threads are like, "Oh man! I have 50 games to play! I'll never finish them!"

[quote name='Vinny']I always think it's cute when people make these threads are like, "Oh man! I have 50 games to play! I'll never finish them!"[/QUOTE]

Same.

[quote name='Strell']BETTER GET ON THAT SPONGEBOB DUTCHMAN'S TREASURE, SON.

I won't even try to make a list. It spans back to the 80s with PC adventure games and the NES.[/QUOTE]

lol it's mostly for nostalgias sake, but it's still a pretty decent platformers:applause:

[quote name='Vinny']I always think it's cute when people make these threads are like, "Oh man! I have 50 games to play! I'll never finish them!"[/QUOTE]

haha but it does feel like it at times. After my blockbuster free trial runs out I'll get to work on it, I couldn't turn down two months of free games.

+1. :lol:

I could probably knock out Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Binary Domain in the time it would even take me to compile the full list.

[quote name='Strell']BETTER GET ON THAT SPONGEBOB DUTCHMAN'S TREASURE, SON.

I won't even try to make a list. It spans back to the 80s with PC adventure games and the NES.[/QUOTE]
No shit, the Spongebob games from last gen are fucking crazy amounts of fun. Especially the Dutchman's game. Battle for Bikini Bottom is another one that's a lot of fun.

My backlog is easily in the triple digits now. I've found that buying most of my games digitally while being great for saving me space just lets me keep putting off playing them because I don't constantly look at their cases.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']No shit, the Spongebob games from last gen are fucking crazy amounts of fun. Especially the Dutchman's game. Battle for Bikini Bottom is another one that's a lot of fun.

My backlog is easily in the triple digits now. I've found that buying most of my games digitally while being great for saving me space just lets me keep putting off playing them because I don't constantly look at their cases.[/QUOTE]

I forget I even have certain games because they get buried at the bottom of the XMB. I can't imagine having that many games to play, I think I'd just break:drool:And +100000 for someone else acknowledging the awesomeness of the Spongebob games. I can't even count how many times I've played BFBB, so much fun :bouncy:

According to The Backloggery, I have 886 games in my backlog at this moment. But to be fair, there are probably at least 20 duplicates (same game on different consoles). And nearly 200 of them are free or almost-free PC games from various bundles, so it doesn't matter if I ever beat those.

Too big :/ I play a lot of multiplayer usually which just leads to an ever increasing backlog, easily in the triple digits as well.

I'm feeling very humbled by all these people saying several hundred games. Frankly I'm glad mine isn't that big. How does one buy 800 games and not play them? I suppose if I had the money I would lol but still, that's crazy:hot:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']How does one buy 800 games and not play them?[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to figure out how one buys 800 games and plays them.

Seriously.

Suggestions.

Please.

[quote name='blindinglights']I'm trying to figure out how one buys 800 games and plays them.

Seriously.

Suggestions.

Please.[/QUOTE]

One becomes imortal:cool:

In contrast to the other posters, my backlog is only about 20-25 at the moment, and about half of those I know I could finish / 100% complete pretty quickly, and there are about 3-4 games I'm saving for co-op with the wife (which will take some time to get through). That only leaves at best 10 big games I need to clear through solo, which is practically nonexistent compared to the backlog of others. I know I'll eventually get around to it, so I look forward to playing them rather than lamenting the lack of time to do so.

Thrift shopping is dangerous for the backlog, as I can easily add 2 or 3 games per trip, but thankfully I have a built-in solution with my gaming storage space. If I fill up the shelf, then it's time to sell what I know I'm not likely to play, or that I've played enough and know I wouldn't revisit. More counter-collector culture than I used to be, but it makes for a manageable hobby.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']In contrast to the other posters, my backlog is only about 20-25 at the moment, and about half of those I know I could finish / 100% complete pretty quickly, and there are about 3-4 games I'm saving for co-op with the wife (which will take some time to get through). That only leaves at best 10 big games I need to clear through solo, which is practically nonexistent compared to the backlog of others. I know I'll eventually get around to it, so I look forward to playing them rather than lamenting the lack of time to do so.

Thrift shopping is dangerous for the backlog, as I can easily add 2 or 3 games per trip, but thankfully I have a built-in solution with my gaming storage space. If I fill up the shelf, then it's time to sell what I know I'm not likely to play, or that I've played enough and know I wouldn't revisit. More counter-collector culture than I used to be, but it makes for a manageable hobby.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much me in a nutshell (replace "wife" with "siblings"). I'm mostly saving the stuff that is either a huge game (fallout, eternal sonata) or that I want to 100% (inFamous 2, Arkham City) for the end. It's really because of the Blockbuster free trial that I've gotten behind. Playing a ton of crap, but at least it's review fodder:drool:and I agree about the thrift shops *insert Game Shop video*

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'm feeling very humbled by all these people saying several hundred games. Frankly I'm glad mine isn't that big. How does one buy 800 games and not play them? I suppose if I had the money I would lol but still, that's crazy:hot:[/QUOTE]
Trust me, funds have nothing to do with it. I'm a stay-at-home dad and my wife only works part-time, so I didn't get this collection by being rich. First, your backlog is at least twice as long as the list of games for which I have paid full retail price. Since joining CAG, it has been rare for me to spend more than $35 on a brand new game (within a month of release). Many of my games were $5-$10, including a lot of the AAA titles. As you will learn, there are some amazing deals out there, especially during Black Friday/Cyber Monday. And even so, the majority of my games (~95%) are bought with money that I get from surveys and product testing, which is effortless work. Also, I used to be a game reviewer, so I got roughly 150 or so games free from that. And probably another 50 from contests and promotions (I have House Party to thank for almost my entire PS3 collection).

Then, like I said, there are all of the PC games that were free or almost free. It is extremely rare for me to pay more than a dollar for a downloadable PC game. More often than not, I pay a few cents for a bundle of games. That's why getting through them is not a top priority. I also have a lot of retro games that I've bought from thrift stores. Whether or not I'll actually play all of them is still uncertain...some of them are just there because I thought they would be fun to collect.

Finally, there are some games that I get with other people in mind. Most of the Kinect games, for instance, were bought for my wife. Some games were bought for my son. And some are there just so they're available when we have people over, much like our board game collection. Although it doesn't happen often, we like to entertain...and when we do, we tend to have a big group of people with varying tastes.

So, with all of that in mind, my active backlog is probably more like 300-400 games. Which is still a lot, of course, but I'm working through it (and actually making a lot of progress). And because I haven't invested a huge amount of money, I don't feel too bad about the idea of not getting through every game. At the very least, I can say that they are available for my son and any future kids. When I die, my family can sell off the valuable stuff and keep or donate the rest.

My backlog is.. 311 games. I own about a fraction of them and the rest are just wishlisted and intend to play someday. I have an appreciation I never used to have for short games, as long as they're good.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Trust me, funds have nothing to do with it. I'm a stay-at-home dad and my wife only works part-time, so I didn't get this collection by being rich. First, your backlog is at least twice as long as the list of games for which I have paid full retail price. Since joining CAG, it has been rare for me to spend more than $35 on a brand new game (within a month of release). Many of my games were $5-$10, including a lot of the AAA titles. As you will learn, there are some amazing deals out there, especially during Black Friday/Cyber Monday. And even so, the majority of my games (~95%) are bought with money that I get from surveys and product testing, which is effortless work. Also, I used to be a game reviewer, so I got roughly 150 or so games free from that. And probably another 50 from contests and promotions (I have House Party to thank for almost my entire PS3 collection).

Then, like I said, there are all of the PC games that were free or almost free. It is extremely rare for me to pay more than a dollar for a downloadable PC game. More often than not, I pay a few cents for a bundle of games. That's why getting through them is not a top priority. I also have a lot of retro games that I've bought from thrift stores. Whether or not I'll actually play all of them is still uncertain...some of them are just there because I thought they would be fun to collect.

Finally, there are some games that I get with other people in mind. Most of the Kinect games, for instance, were bought for my wife. Some games were bought for my son. And some are there just so they're available when we have people over, much like our board game collection. Although it doesn't happen often, we like to entertain...and when we do, we tend to have a big group of people with varying tastes.

So, with all of that in mind, my active backlog is probably more like 300-400 games. Which is still a lot, of course, but I'm working through it (and actually making a lot of progress). And because I haven't invested a huge amount of money, I don't feel too bad about the idea of not getting through every game. At the very least, I can say that they are available for my son and any future kids. When I die, my family can sell off the valuable stuff and keep or donate the rest.[/QUOTE]

Well good luck to you then:) 800 games just seems crazy, but maybe thats because I'm not thinking PC and retro. I just want to get through mine because I like playing games and want to play them all lol who did you review for?

[quote name='ZombieToast']And some are there just so they're available when we have people over, much like our board game collection.[/QUOTE]
The question I have now Zombie, is how big is your board game collection, and how many of those are in your backlog? :D

I currently equate my backlog with physical titles as opposed to digital. It's just I have some games digitally (PS +, Steam) that I got for free and I'll probably never play anyway so why count them? I guess Live Arcade, PSN etc. should count but I guess I'm equating backlog with "stuff" right now.

As it sits I'm at about 55 but I've dwindled that down from over 100 so I feel as if I'm making progress. I have about 5 games currently that I'm keeping (my gems) but I am not a collector. I might do another small purge soon as well.

I'm actually thinking about going one console next gen as I'm kind of tired of the backlog as we all know with CAG is easy to obtain. I'm almost wondering too if I should force myself to go digital only; mainly so I buy only what I really want to play (but I do like re-selling my games). It just seems like overall there is too much to play and not enough time to play it. My goal is to have 2 to 3 games waiting to be played at a time in the future. One can dream :)

I don't have much of a backlog. Definitely under 100. However, joining CAG has easily tripled, maybe even quadrupled, what I would normally be buying.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Well good luck to you then:) 800 games just seems crazy, but maybe thats because I'm not thinking PC and retro. I just want to get through mine because I like playing games and want to play them all lol who did you review for?[/QUOTE]
Oh, 800 is definitely crazy. Ha ha. If it helps, I have over 1200 unique titles in my collection, so that means I have actually made quite a dent, especially considering that most of those were played in the last 5 years. I don't do nearly as much gaming lately, though; I'm focusing more on educating my son and keeping the house in order. The majority of my review-writing was done through a site called Go!GamingGiant. It's pretty barren right now, unfortunately, but we used to be relatively popular. I still keep in touch with some of my PR contacts at Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Atlus, Square Enix, and a few other companies and they occasionally send me free stuff when they have extras.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']The question I have now Zombie, is how big is your board game collection, and how many of those are in your backlog? :D[/QUOTE]
Although pretty big, the board game collection isn't quite as bad as my video game collection. If you want, you can check out the third spoiler tag in this post to take a look at our collection (I'm still working on cataloging everything in a convenient list, but BoardGameGeek leaves a lot to be desired). I'm no longer sure what the exact number is, but we have about 120+ board games. I have no idea what our backlog is...I know it's not very big, though, because we've played almost every game at least once or twice. I'd say there are maybe 20-25 games that we haven't played yet because they require a group of nerds and our nerd friends are only able to come over once a month at most. But we are working on nerdifying my wife's brother and his wife; we recently introduced them to Settlers of Catan, which was met with a good amount of success.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Oh, 800 is definitely crazy. Ha ha. If it helps, I have over 1200 unique titles in my collection, so that means I have actually made quite a dent, especially considering that most of those were played in the last 5 years. I don't do nearly as much gaming lately, though; I'm focusing more on educating my son and keeping the house in order. The majority of my review-writing was done through a site called Go!GamingGiant. It's pretty barren right now, unfortunately, but we used to be relatively popular. I still keep in touch with some of my PR contacts at Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Atlus, Square Enix, and a few other companies and they occasionally send me free stuff when they have extras.
[/QUOTE]

Well I'd say being a dad comes before gaming, so good on you:applause:a third is pretty good, thats more than I even own! Gotta get my act together and start building my collection better, you guys are so far ahead:bouncy:

[quote name='ZombieToast']Although pretty big, the board game collection isn't quite as bad as my video game collection. If you want, you can check out the third spoiler tag in this post to take a look at our collection (I'm still working on cataloging everything in a convenient list, but BoardGameGeek leaves a lot to be desired). I'm no longer sure what the exact number is, but we have about 120+ board games. I have no idea what our backlog is...I know it's not very big, though, because we've played almost every game at least once or twice. I'd say there are maybe 20-25 games that we haven't played yet because they require a group of nerds and our nerd friends are only able to come over once a month at most. But we are working on nerdifying my wife's brother and his wife; we recently introduced them to Settlers of Catan, which was met with a good amount of success.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, its always nice to see someone interested in the old table top gaming. Though I am a BGG newb, I really enjoy the gateway Euro games (Catan, Carcassone, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride), and I make sure I bring those out with friends and family when I can. Innovation was the last unique game I've played recently, I gotta get that one for myself.

I actually polished off my entire list in the past few months, all I am left with is Heart of the Swarm now.

To give you an idea of what was on my list: Orcs Must Die 2, Torchlight and Path of Exile (still playing).

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Well I'd say being a dad comes before gaming, so good on you:applause:a third is pretty good, thats more than I even own! Gotta get my act together and start building my collection better, you guys are so far ahead:bouncy:[/QUOTE]
You're off to a good start. Your collection is probably about as big as mine was when I first started coming here. I've been gaming for over 20 years, but at least 80% of my games were only acquired in the last 4 or 5. It's what CAG does to you!

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Thanks for the link, its always nice to see someone interested in the old table top gaming. Though I am a BGG newb, I really enjoy the gateway Euro games (Catan, Carcassone, Pandemic, Ticket to Ride), and I make sure I bring those out with friends and family when I can. Innovation was the last unique game I've played recently, I gotta get that one for myself.[/QUOTE]
I still need to get Carcassonne and Pandemic. Haven't even played Innovation yet. I know it doesn't have nearly as much love these days, but my go-to for group games is usually Zombies!!! And my second choice is probably Facts In Five, which is an incredibly simple game. You just draw some letters, pick a few categories, and spend five minutes trying to come up with things starting with those letters. So, if you draw A, G, L, W, and Y you might have to list Jackie Chan movies or sex positions or cereal brands that start with those letters. It's a wholesome vintage game, but the ability to make your own categories makes it a lot of fun. Family Business is another good one that I like to make everyone play.

[quote name='ZombieToast']You're off to a good start. Your collection is probably about as big as mine was when I first started coming here. I've been gaming for over 20 years, but at least 80% of my games were only acquired in the last 4 or 5. It's what CAG does to you!

I still need to get Carcassonne and Pandemic. Haven't even played Innovation yet. I know it doesn't have nearly as much love these days, but my go-to for group games is usually Zombies!!! And my second choice is probably Facts In Five, which is an incredibly simple game. You just draw some letters, pick a few categories, and spend five minutes trying to come up with things starting with those letters. So, if you draw A, G, L, W, and Y you might have to list Jackie Chan movies or sex positions or cereal brands that start with those letters. It's a wholesome vintage game, but the ability to make your own categories makes it a lot of fun. Family Business is another good one that I like to make everyone play.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Arkham Horror? I've heard it's fun, but haven't got it since it's hard for me to get enough people to play a board game for that long

[quote name='ZombieToast']I still need to get Carcassonne and Pandemic. Haven't even played Innovation yet. I know it doesn't have nearly as much love these days, but my go-to for group games is usually Zombies!!! And my second choice is probably Facts In Five, which is an incredibly simple game. You just draw some letters, pick a few categories, and spend five minutes trying to come up with things starting with those letters. So, if you draw A, G, L, W, and Y you might have to list Jackie Chan movies or sex positions or cereal brands that start with those letters. It's a wholesome vintage game, but the ability to make your own categories makes it a lot of fun. Family Business is another good one that I like to make everyone play.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the suggestions, I actually saw the vintage CIB Facts in Five at a local Goodwill about a month ago. I was tempted to pick it up, but I didn't think it would see any play time, now I wish I would have.

Innovation is a good game I would recommend if you like chaotic and very dynamic rules (read: prevents a runaway leader scenario). It's also cheap, takes up very little room on the shelf (since it is a card game), and scales well from 2 to 4 players. It takes alot of reading and can suffer from "Analysis Paralysis", but once you get the hang of it, it can be very engaging. Your kids may be able to get into it too, but again it does require a fair amount of reading comprehension, and every card has its own unique action (sometimes two).

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Have you played Arkham Horror? I've heard it's fun, but haven't got it since it's hard for me to get enough people to play a board game for that long[/QUOTE]
In my college days, I could find people to sit for a 4-5 hour long game (one of our favorites was Risk 2210 A.D.), but I certainly couldn't find people do do that now. Arkham Horror seems fun with a good theme, but I need games that can end in 2 hours or less nowadays.

Red Faction Guerilla
Just Cause 2
Dead Space 3
Trials Evolution dlcs
Mark of the Ninja
Dust An Elysian Tale
Rocektbirds
The Walking Dead (episode 4)
Dishonored
Xcom Enemy Unknown
Sound Shapes
Urban Trial FreeStyle
Hotline Miami
Ninja Five O
Dead Island GOTY
Day Z
Unepic
Hard Reset

I have most of the games above but my general rule for backlog is to not buy your backlog.That way it'll get cheaper.

[quote name='mrx001']Red Faction Guerilla
Just Cause 2
Dead Space 3
Trials Evolution dlcs
Mark of the Ninja
Dust An Elysian Tale
Rocektbirds
The Walking Dead (episode 4)
Dishonored
Xcom Enemy Unknown
Sound Shapes
Urban Trial FreeStyle
Hotline Miami
Ninja Five O
Dead Island GOTY
Day Z
Unepic
Hard Reset

I have most of the games above but my general rule for backlog is to not buy your backlog.That way it'll get cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I assume by not buying you aren't referring to piracy, but that you have a list of games you one day hope to play. Typically backlog are the games you've already purchased and but haven't got around to, but I guess we all have are own ideas. You should really start Sound Shapes, I just beat most of it and it IS AWESOME! Will have a review up, but you should definitely play that one soon:applause:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Have you played Arkham Horror? I've heard it's fun, but haven't got it since it's hard for me to get enough people to play a board game for that long[/QUOTE]
I haven't played that one. To be honest, I don't really like the Lovecraft/Cthulhu theme (the one game I have was a gift...and it didn't even come with the cards) and I don't know if I'd be willing to play a 4-hour game. I mean, I don't mind playing a game for four hours because we all get sucked into it, but the thought of playing a game that is expected to take that long is a huge turn-off. It's one of the main reasons why I refuse to play Risk (aside from it just not being all that fun). But if I knew someone who had the game, I guess I would give it a try at least once just to give it a fair shot.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']Thanks for the suggestions, I actually saw the vintage CIB Facts in Five at a local Goodwill about a month ago. I was tempted to pick it up, but I didn't think it would see any play time, now I wish I would have.

Innovation is a good game I would recommend if you like chaotic and very dynamic rules (read: prevents a runaway leader scenario). It's also cheap, takes up very little room on the shelf (since it is a card game), and scales well from 2 to 4 players. It takes alot of reading and can suffer from "Analysis Paralysis", but once you get the hang of it, it can be very engaging. Your kids may be able to get into it too, but again it does require a fair amount of reading comprehension, and every card has its own unique action (sometimes two).[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I definitely want to give Innovation a try sometime. I know a lot of people are starting to get tired of the fad, but I'm rather fond of card-based games like Zombies!!!, Munchkin, and especially Rivals For Catan. In a way, I like Rivals more than Settlers just because it's compact nature and much easier to learn; it's also the perfect introduction for anyone who hasn't played Settlers yet. But yeah, Innovation seems like it would be right up my alley.

As for Facts In Five...it's too bad you passed it up, but the concept is so simple, you could easily make the game yourself. It's a bit like Yahtzee in that respect. You can get the rules (more info) and the score cards online. Then just cut out some squares for letters (and one * for a wildcard)...this page has a table showing how many tiles there are of each letter (plus 3 wildcards), but I prefer to only have one of each letter. For Class/Category cards, you can just make up your own stuff since it's more fun that way anyway. Of course, it would be easier to just buy a copy of the game, I suppose.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I haven't played that one. To be honest, I don't really like the Lovecraft/Cthulhu theme (the one game I have was a gift...and it didn't even come with the cards) and I don't know if I'd be willing to play a 4-hour game. I mean, I don't mind playing a game for four hours because we all get sucked into it, but the thought of playing a game that is expected to take that long is a huge turn-off. It's one of the main reasons why I refuse to play Risk (aside from it just not being all that fun). But if I knew someone who had the game, I guess I would give it a try at least once just to give it a fair shot.

Yeah, I definitely want to give Innovation a try sometime. I know a lot of people are starting to get tired of the fad, but I'm rather fond of card-based games like Zombies!!!, Munchkin, and especially Rivals For Catan. In a way, I like Rivals more than Settlers just because it's compact nature and much easier to learn; it's also the perfect introduction for anyone who hasn't played Settlers yet. But yeah, Innovation seems like it would be right up my alley.

As for Facts In Five...it's too bad you passed it up, but the concept is so simple, you could easily make the game yourself. It's a bit like Yahtzee in that respect. You can get the rules (more info) and the score cards online. Then just cut out some squares for letters (and one * for a wildcard)...this page has a table showing how many tiles there are of each letter (plus 3 wildcards), but I prefer to only have one of each letter. For Class/Category cards, you can just make up your own stuff since it's more fun that way anyway. Of course, it would be easier to just buy a copy of the game, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely going to make a copy of that:bouncy:always looking for new board games, thanks for all the recommendations, as I know next to nothing about which are good and not (monopoly has long been are main game). I'm not really into super long games either, but I heard about it on a podcast and thought I'd ask CAGs resident board game nerd what he thought:D

[quote name='gacktyay']My backlog is.. 311 games. I own about a fraction of them and the rest are just wishlisted and intend to play someday. I have an appreciation I never used to have for short games, as long as they're good.[/QUOTE]

not sure wish list games count as backlog. surprised no one has mentioned backloggery.com yet? mine is there if anyone is interested. only ps3 games listed but it's a couple hundred

[quote name='shadowkast']not sure wish list games count as backlog. surprised no one has mentioned backloggery.com yet? mine is there if anyone is interested. only ps3 games listed but it's a couple hundred[/QUOTE]

Cool, will definitely check this site out more! I've been using howlongtobeat.com, but this seems better for backlogging. Will have to go in and add the games I've beaten:bouncy:and that's a crazy amount of PS3 games!:applause: Are there any you don't own?

my backlog only includes games i have not beaten :
dragons dogma
gears 3
demons souls
crysis 2
resident evil 6
fallout nv
lost planet 2
xcom enemy unknown
batman AC
civ revolution
resident evil CVX HD
modern combat domination
dungeon alliance

[quote name='Strell']I won't even try to make a list. It spans back to the 80s with PC adventure games and the NES.[/QUOTE]

Sheesh, that's a crazy long list.

It's pretty long. Though since joining cag, I know I buy more than I should. I don't really count the casual games or fighting games since there's usually no end game. That aside my resolution this year was to take my list in half, though it is impossible to catch up when I'm buying other stuff so often. I've already beaten 20 which is just 15 less than I did last year. I'm guessing my backlog in a number is around 50 or so.

[quote name='tuffguycore']It's pretty long. Though since joining cag, I know I buy more than I should. I don't really count the casual games or fighting games since there's usually no end game. That aside my resolution this year was to take my list in half, though it is impossible to catch up when I'm buying other stuff so often. I've already beaten 20 which is just 15 less than I did last year. I'm guessing my backlog in a number is around 50 or so.[/QUOTE]

Mine is mostly do to a 2 month blockbuster free trial, and PS+. Blockbuster ends on the 25th, so that will help. Everything has basically been taking a back seat until then. PS+ is another story...You and me have a similar size (your's is probably a bit bigger) backlogs. I only count Fighting games if I haven't played them much (haven't even finished the arcade mode in SSFIVAE), and casual games are on there until I'm bored of them. I've been doing pretty good with my backlog up till now, so I'm thinking I can get through much of it by the end of this year:D

bread's done
Back