• Please log in to reply
496 replies to this topic

#61 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Okay Venom.

Lulz, I was going to go with "Good to hear Two-Face" but Venom is better.

That said, I'll be waiting for <$20 on this, seems like it has "will drop like a stone" written all over it.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#62 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:11 PM

Hope you're a multiplayer kinda guy cause I read that those trophies alone can take up to 55 hours to obtain. :lol:

I'm not really but I love my trophies so I'll try for them, plus I heard you can level up by yourself so hopefully they don't patch that out.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#63 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Should I move over there and take over, or should I just elaborate on and evolve this one? I always feel weird just hopping in someone else's project and taking over. I would want to change a bit to the format.

I'm not a mod or anything so I get zero say in it. But what I really liked about the old thread was that it kept all the pre-order bonus stuff in one thread, rather than having a separate thread for each game's pre-order bonuses and cluttering up the front page. So, just in my personal opinion, you can just turn this into pre-order thread 2.0. I'd recommend wikify-ing it as well in case others (like Jodou) want to contribute, but that's up to you.

But like I said, I'm just a CAG voicing my opinion. You can do whatever you want until a mod tells you to stop.

I've kept it current through March but yeah, nobody is helping out otherwise. I also don't list Walmart, Target, etc because checking every site is a pain and typically doesn't have anything anyway. Also, the Target SB is not a pre-order exclusive; you can walk in and buy one on Tuesday. Had no idea about the $5 GC though.

Yeah, after I looked at that other thread again, I saw that you did put some good work into it. Sorry, I didn't give you enough credit.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#64 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Lulz, I was going to go with "Good to hear Two-Face" but Venom is better.

That said, I'll be waiting for <$20 on this, seems like it has "will drop like a stone" written all over it.

The CE will hold good cause of variant playarts figure. The reg one retails 65 i believe and sold very well. So CE day 1 amz for me.

#65 SGRX

SGRX

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hope you're a multiplayer kinda guy cause I read that those trophies alone can take up to 55 hours to obtain. :lol:

Ouch, sounds like you have to grind to third prestige to get all the MP achievements. That seems a little excessive for a series that isn't primarily multiplayer.

I'm going to pick it up, but I really don't care about the multiplayer at all and would probably pass on it if I cared about the trophies/achievements.

#66 NightCat

NightCat

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

Ouch, sounds like you have to grind to third prestige to get all the MP achievements. That seems a little excessive for a series that isn't primarily multiplayer.

I'm going to pick it up, but I really don't care about the multiplayer at all and would probably pass on it if I cared about the trophies/achievements.

If SP rocks i will try to finish mp. I have a feeling mp be dead within weeks like most non cod/halo type games. The trailers for mp look ok for a few hours tops then gets dull. I hope i am wrong. Them doing such a grind mp achiev is meh they are really trying to push mp on this series now. coop side missions be cool but not what they did.

#67 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

You can just buy the collectors edition and sell the game. Then rebuy when it hits your price point. I did that with MGR. Sold the game disc only too for $50 lol

#68 DieGo2SHAE

DieGo2SHAE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Best Buy seems like the best option here, is joining the Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] thing free?

#69 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Best Buy seems like the best option here, is joining the Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] thing free?

It costs $15 for a year.

#70 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

Yeah, I didn't want any of this, so I went with the MS store and got a 1600pt MS Pt card instead...

#71 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

yeah, the OP should show that the Microsoft Store is selling it with the $20 in Microsoft points.

#72 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

1600 points card free with preorder for the 360 version from microsoftstore.com
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#73 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hey guys, did you know that the Microsoft store is selling this with a free 1600 points card?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#74 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Just a FYI for those wanting the scavenger hunt pre-order DLC thing... I can confirm that even if you don't sign up until today, you'll still be able to complete all of the past challenges for points. I just got my access code today and was able to do everything :)

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#75 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Can you provide the answers?

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#76 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Can you provide the answers?

They are pretty darn easy, plus you get to do them until you get them right :) It's easy stuff like Name the Island the game takes place on, who voices Lara, what tool she uses to climb, etc.

#77 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

What do you get for doing the scavenger hunt thing?

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#78 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

It's mainly for some DLC skills / upgrades. From what I can tell, you unlock the skills / upgrades during the game anyway, but this must let you unlock them from the get go. You also get tickets to enter the sweepstakes for prizes.

The unlocks are:

• Animal Instinct- The Animal instinct skill lights up XP-laden animals in Survival Instinct mode, to help Lara upgrade more quickly.

• Agility -The Agility skill lets Lara ascend mountain faces more quickly and ensures she lands safely from higher falls.

• Headshot Reticle -The headshot reticle lets Lara utilize her weapons more accurately. When used with the pistol silencer, it makes for a deadly combination.

• Pistol Burst -The three-shot burst pistol upgrade lets Lara unleash a hail of firepower on her foes.

• Pistol Silencer -The pistol silencer lets Lara use stealthy tactics to overcome even the trickiest of situations.

#79 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Ah, Im new to square enix thing, I figured you got the square points or whatever. DLC is fine, but not if its unlocked through natural progression in the game, lmao.

I dont understand the point of all this.
Posted Image

#80 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

I'm assuming they unlock as you progress through the game because they don't sound like skills they'd only let pre-order people get, but who knows.

It's really just marketing for their game. It doesn't take long to do though, so shrug :)

#81 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

the OP is wrong. It's not a Tomb Raider download at the Microsoft Store. It's boxed retail.

alright, dug through all my store credits and saw that I still had $25 store credit at the Microsoft Store because of the Halo 4 preorder! Made Tomb Raider a great price. Plus preordering Tomb Raider gives you 1600 Microsoft points! I will be impaling Lara soon! :)

Edited by dirtyvu, 28 February 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#82 Reiniku

Reiniku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

If you preorder the CE from Amazon, do you get the "Final Hours" content with it?

Also, I still can't decide whether to get this for 360 or PC D:

#83 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

If you preorder the CE from Amazon, do you get the "Final Hours" content with it?

Also, I still can't decide whether to get this for 360 or PC D:

I still can't decide :ps3: or :pc:, I need some concrete side by side comparison. Need to research this after I get off work.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#84 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Heres a better look at the figure with the collectors edition if anyone is on the fence. Its going to be an amazing piece. I actually specialize in action figures (part of what I do for a living) and I know Play arts very well, and they do not disappoint, especially as of late. There earlier stuff was a little rocky though, so some may have a bad taste in their mouths with the play arts.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

But I highly recommend them. The painting, detail, and poseability are more than what you'd typically find in a video game collectors edition statue. The other day a gamestop employee had the nerve to tell me how much better a cheap statue would be than this "toy" He clearly has no idea what level of quality it will be, So I had to educate him a little bit so he could have a better understanding of what he deals with at his job. Character Statues like the uncharted 3 nathan, the Max Payne, and the upcoming Kratos statue just pale in comparison.

So the $50-70 value figure plus the game and extras is totally worth it if anyone is on the fence. I would get it IF i had the money, but I just don't right now. There will be another Lara figure released separately later down the line, with paint variations (blue shirt) and different accessories, so if you miss out on the collectors, then you can grab the figure later. I have a feeling this may become harder to obtain, because of the figures paint differences. It will just become a rarer collectors piece that happens to be in the collectors edition for this game.

these pics made me change my mind, re-ordered the CE at amazon, hope it comes with the artbook too, i took a screencap of the offer selected with the CE on their page which states it is eligible for the artbook as well

#85 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

these pics made me change my mind, re-ordered the CE at amazon, hope it comes with the artbook too, i took a screencap of the offer selected with the CE on their page which states it is eligible for the artbook as well

Completely forgot to do that. People should do this just in case.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#86 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

so 360 or ps3?

#87 RawrrSlayer

RawrrSlayer

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Completely forgot to do that. People should do this just in case.

Done.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#88 kmy

kmy

Roll Tide

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

looks like you can't get the $20 off the controller from bestbuy.com

#89 starmask2k3

starmask2k3

CAG MASTER'S

• Trading Ban