Photo
- - - - -

Most Memorable CAG Villain 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
161 replies to this topic

Poll: Who was the Most Memorable CAG Villain of 2012? (1608 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was the Most Memorable CAG Villain of 2012?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:56 PM

Pepsiman and his alts

#62 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:04 AM

Have to give it up for IAmTheCheapestGamer.

#63 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hmmm, probably TommyLove, while IATCG and Pepsi derailed alot, and argued, and all that stuff, he actually took an extremely limited item alot of cag's were trying to get/getting shafted by cancellations for, and bought (I forget, 30? 40?) I beleive in the standard CAG rule of 3, one to open, one to keep sealed, and one to flip, but THAT is low... and it was hilarious seeing him ask for the upper ebay/amazon prices on his trade thread! He took a method explained by a CAG in good faith to help out people on here get one, and bought as many as he could...

#64 The Crotch

The Crotch

I was famous and I was powerful.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 04:41 AM

The CAG "VS" forum. Not the people in it. The subforum itself.

Posted Image

#65 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hmmm, probably TommyLove, while IATCG and Pepsi derailed alot, and argued, and all that stuff, he actually took an extremely limited item alot of cag's were trying to get/getting shafted by cancellations for, and bought (I forget, 30? 40?) I beleive in the standard CAG rule of 3, one to open, one to keep sealed, and one to flip, but THAT is low... and it was hilarious seeing him ask for the upper ebay/amazon prices on his trade thread! He took a method explained by a CAG in good faith to help out people on here get one, and bought as many as he could...

Good call.

But I'm going to second the nomination for "all the cags with time machines." It's gotten super annoying in the deals forum.

#66 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Good call.

But I'm going to second the nomination for "all the cags with time machines." It's gotten super annoying in the deals forum.

I like to think those post's mostly are for the people who ask "is this the cheapest it's been?". Because your not a CAG until you bought a game you don't ever plan to play just because it's stupid cheap. The logic is once a game hit's a price, it will probably do so again.

#67 Dokstarr

Dokstarr

Tap, Snap or Nap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

SHC Gamer was his name I believe. That's who I'd throw my vote in for. The way he left was complete sour grapes. It was completely a "screw Kmart, they're nothing without me" attitude that just irked me.

Didn't he get let go/fired from K-mart. I guess I can kind of understand he would have a screw K-mart feeling if they just bounced him out of the job that he was spending a good amount of time glad handing on here to get people to actually step foot in a K-mart. I know since they got rid of their coupons I haven't been to any.

#68 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Didn't he get let go/fired from K-mart. I guess I can kind of understand he would have a screw K-mart feeling if they just bounced him out of the job that he was spending a good amount of time glad handing on here to get people to actually step foot in a K-mart. I know since they got rid of their coupons I haven't been to any.

Yeah, K-mart decided to not do the deals anymore, so his position was obsolete. Great to know people are nominating him though not knowing anything about what actually happened to him. If anything K-mart would be the one to nominate.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#69 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:33 PM

It really wasn't clear whether he was fired or he quit; what was disappointing is that at the end of his work as "SHC Gamer" it felt more like his presence was merely a business transaction on here despite trying to act like everyone's buddy. Granted, I get that it was his job but some of the KMart deals/coupons have continued despite his absence so it leads me to believe he wasn't the "indispensable asset" to Kmart he made himself out to be.

#70 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

It really wasn't clear whether he was fired or he quit; what was disappointing is that at the end of his work as "SHC Gamer" it felt more like his presence was merely a business transaction on here despite trying to act like everyone's buddy. Granted, I get that it was his job but some of the KMart deals/coupons have continued despite his absence so it leads me to believe he wasn't the "indispensable asset" to Kmart he made himself out to be.

I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about. I don't remember him ever having this attitude.

#71 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:41 AM

I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about. I don't remember him ever having this attitude.

In fact if I recall he actually had quite the opposite attitude from what I saw in the thread from him which was partly why I felt bad that they decided to go a different direction and let him go.

#72 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

That is exactly what I thought about him. His post were very business robot like. Like as if he wasn't even a gamer and you could tell he was just doing a job.

needler420.png

#73 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

He very much had that attitude when he left CAG, he completely threw the company under the bus as the reason the Kmart gamer initiative didn't work. He didn't accept any personal responsibility for the failures both when people continually had problems with the coupons not printing and the program as a whole not being continued. It was completely unprofessional, particularly in light of he using his SHC Gamer account to post it.

That is exactly what I thought about him. His post were very business robot like. Like as if he wasn't even a gamer and you could tell he was just doing a job.

The fact that he has completely severed ties with the website and not come back is sufficient to show his only interest in this site was limited to his role at Kmart. He could have easily posted that he planned on ending his SHC Gamer account but would continue to visit the site and participate under _____ account.

#74 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

Of course his interest was only because of his business. Why is that such a horrid thing? He was here to promote his deals and his company. The way some CAGs treated him, I wouldn't want to be here afterward either. Idiots openly wishing he'd be fired just because they were bottom feeders who couldn't stand the loss of $5 copies of shitty games.

He treated the people in the Kmart deals thread with respect, even though some didn't deserve any. He got fired and moved on. Somehow that makes him villain of the year? Are you kidding me?

Anyway, whatever.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#75 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

Of course his interest was only because of his business. Why is that such a horrid thing? He was here to promote his deals and his company. The way some CAGs treated him, I wouldn't want to be here afterward either. Idiots openly wishing he'd be fired just because they were bottom feeders who couldn't stand the loss of $5 copies of shitty games.

He treated the people in the Kmart deals thread with respect, even though some didn't deserve any. He got fired and moved on. Somehow that makes him villain of the year? Are you kidding me?

Anyway, whatever.

Whether he was fired or voluntarily quit he was useless. His entire presence on the site was pretty uselless. The amount of people who benefited from his presence is probably far less then the amount of people he annoyed. His role and duties never were that useful or helpful to me. Treating people with respect is a given and common sense. He was a affiliate of a major corp. that was useless.

That's probably why he quit or got fired. He wasn't needed.

needler420.png

#76 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

Whether he was fired or voluntarily quit he was useless. His entire presence on the site was pretty uselless. The amount of people who benefited from his presence is probably far less then the amount of people he annoyed. His role and duties never were that useful or helpful to me. Treating people with respect is a given and common sense. He was a affiliate of a major corp. that was useless.

That's probably why he quit or got fired. He wasn't needed.

Thank you for proving my point.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#77 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:28 PM

I dunno, to me, IATCG wanted to be a villian... therefore, I think it'd be funnier if he didn't get it. Someone is going to have to bring me up to speed on Pepsiman.

#78 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:07 AM

I dunno, to me, IATCG wanted to be a villian... therefore, I think it'd be funnier if he didn't get it. Someone is going to have to bring me up to speed on Pepsiman.

Makes a new account every half a month, and posts in the exact same threads in slidecage grammar, then proceeds to ask why people are trolling him, and then makes a blog asking why he got banned, and there is something wrong with CAG because he keeps getting banned, but he doesn't know why. You'd think after the 10th time he would get bored, but the guy is truly dedicated to his craft. Not really a villain to me, but more like a clown.

#79 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

I vote slidecage... he's more of a 1960s Batman villain than a real villain, but damn is it annoying to see any threads started by him or replies from him.. the first instinct is to go "Oh great..." and grit your teeth.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#80 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

I too am curious what happened with Iamthecheapest. I remember that guy, he was kinda annoying sometimes but i dont remember him doing anything horrible. Why'd he get banned? A couple people asked but no ones replied

This.

I nominate the whole deals forum in general. People are ridiculous in there. Repost a deal and they throw a temper tantrum. Post something that's not a deal and they throw a temper tantrum. Post something that they don't think should be counted as a deal and they throw a temper tantrum.

Too many people who think they're junior mods up in there.

HAH.. ya. people get super but hurt there sometimes. Even posting stuff like preorder bonus's or reprints for rare games gets you bitched at half the time. Buncha unapreciative asses most of the time
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#81 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:34 AM

CheapyD, our reigning douchebag of the year!

#82 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

We need to get this award for IAmTheCheapestGamer.

He must live on forever!

#83 Frank Zappa

Frank Zappa

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

CheapyD...because he likes the publicity

#84 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

CheapyD...because he likes the publicity

So do I.

needler420.png

#85 redreflect

redreflect

I am the Wolf

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

So do I.

OH SNAP!

I vote for IATCG... I'm sure he's still out there somewhere, watching over us :)

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#86 Hestar

Hestar

Artax! Stupid Horse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Pepsiman for me
Posted Image

Macklin....you son of a bitch 8-)

#87 The Outsider

The Outsider

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image

I'm saying this just because that pic is great

#88 AversionX

AversionX

Hail Sithis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Pepsiman

#89 Dark Rider

Dark Rider

Looks Dashing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:28 PM

OH SNAP!

I vote for IATCG... I'm sure he's still out there somewhere, watching over us :)

He's troll CAG deserves, not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our troll. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A True Cheapass.

#90 Kerouac

Kerouac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:56 PM

IATCG wan't really a villain. He actually contributed to the site & helped a lot of members.

Pepsi on the other hand is a complete jackass. The guy must have made 20 different screen names. A few were quite clever. He is so incredibly annoying. He gets my vote.

Trade List Games & DLC

Resells: Spec Ops The Line $2

GAMESHARE PHANTOMS:  Catherine $4 Tomb Raider $5 Darksiders II + DLC $5 Disney Brave - $5 Storm - $1 Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - $5 Rayman Legends - $8.50 NBA 2K14 $7

PS+ $40