Worst Online Game Retailer 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='TheThoughtlessOne']No, wait, how about PlayCanada? Are they an option?[/QUOTE]
+1 for PlayCanada

Also, the Namco Bandai online store.

[quote name='blueshinra']+1 for PlayCanada

Also, the Namco Bandai online store.[/QUOTE]

If this is about the Ni no Kuni fiasco, that happened this year not in 2012. Unless there's something else these guys did that I don't know about.

It's hard to argue against Gamestop for this IMO.

[quote name='argyle']If this is about the Ni no Kuni fiasco, that happened this year not in 2012. Unless there's something else these guys did that I don't know about.[/QUOTE]
There was a bit of overlap between 2012 and 2013 with that whole mess (for instance, a lot of people had trouble changing their credit card info after making preorders last year), but I see your point.

Amazon. All they do is price match retailers. They got complacent and now their deals of the day are... Zumba!!!

[quote name='mrspicytacoman']gamestop

always broken cases, dirty games,

and incomplete, no manual, cover[/QUOTE]

You know you can return or exchange these games at your local store.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Steam deserves a nomination for being the worst place to buy steam games.[/QUOTE]

You know what, I'm on board with this.

I would say Gamestop but I don't shop there.

My vote goes to Amazon. Their gaming prices/deals have gone way down the hole. 2012 ended what was a good run for Amazon. $20 credit deals were all but gone. BF was all matched, and not even all the way to other retailers. Their own deals (i.e. not price matched) were all but non-existant. Lightning deals are jokes.

Amazon for hardly trying to have competitive deals. Most of my gaming deals last year were in B&M stores (GameStop, Best Buy, etc.)

ZumbaZon

I had a few issues with some orders I made with them. I've never had to call their CS before, and I had to around three times over one order.

Fry's, had a bad experience with them ordering online and I won't be doing it again.

Honorable mention to Amazon for really not marking anything down, just price matching other stores for most of the year.

I've barely done any game shopping online this year, but I'm gonna nominate Amazon for channeling all their discounts into digital distribution and leaving those of us that like tangible products in the dust.

I feel like I have to say gamestop. Games rarely come complete, and site availability isn't always correct (says available, but can't add to cart). There one saving grace is that you can exchange the game in store for one thats complete, but that's assuming they even have it in stock:/

I'm nominating AMAZON. They had no deals this year asides from occasionally PMing best buy

They need to be sent a message from gamers that they threw in the towel this year.

No PM, no original sales...

Worst? I'm not sure it was the worst but Amazon was very disappointing this year. Most deals were PM's and preorder bonuses were weaker then ever.

Yeah id nominate Gamestop. Amazon had a few deals like the AC3 $33 - 10 promo code from the Vita. That was sweet, and the AC Vita bundle alone was awesome. I even wanted to grab the Bond 50 at 100. Also Amazon Digital Services kicked MAJOR ass with Tony. That alone should make Amazon better than Gamestop.

Gamestop tho, I just dont shop online through them or thru B&M. I went into Gamestop like once last year for a Kindle and LBP Vita "new" (got a gutted with a nice fat sticker on it)other than that it was 1-2 times for .99 PS2 games or some other shit to flip to Target/BB/Blockbuster. Its just everything goes through Best Buy for preorders or used.

Zavvi, took them 3 months to finally ship my order and when it arrived it was the wrong item. Then they expected me to pay return postage to the UK to get a refund. TERRIBLE.

Capcom's online store because they haven't bothered to give Digital River the boot even after they (DR) really botched timely deliveries of some of the bigger Capcom releases this past year. The customer service for the store is handled by Capcom, and it seems like they really could care less when their Customers recieve their preorders 2 weeks after the release date, and missing preorder bonuses. Pretty lame.

I'm gonna have to go with Amazon. Their PC download deals were fantastic, but everything else is a hollow shell of what it once was.

Amazon

Also, GreenManGaming.com as their site is so buggy, I couldn't give them my money if I wanted to. And believe me, I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back