Photo
- - - - -

Worst Online Game Retailer 2012

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

Poll: Who was the Worst Online Game Retailer of 2012? (1752 member(s) have cast votes)

Who was the Worst Online Game Retailer of 2012?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#91 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:55 AM

people are actually voting for Amazon? How? The only real gripe i have is how they package their stuff, especially CE's. Its friggin BS, but not nearly as bad as GS or TRU. They did start charging tax here in Cali though, so i dont buy from them much anymore.

In fact im not sure which to vote between those two. Gamestop is.. well, Gamestop. Theyre horrible and getting a used game from them is usually a crapshoot. But at least you can return the stuff to the brick store relatively easily. Toys R US is just a friggin mess. The whole store seems to be stuck in the 90's or something with how they do stuff. I dont think they understand how the internet works

damn tough one
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#92 btt

btt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:37 AM

GameStop once again by default.

#93 fenz4ever

fenz4ever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Toys R Us ... decent deals but ridiculous shipping

#94 EJam3s01

EJam3s01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:08 PM

GameStop

#95 Hestar

Hestar

Artax! Stupid Horse!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Gamestop sent me a used copy of prey with a ribbed condom in the case.I don't need to say anymore.
Posted Image

Macklin....you son of a bitch 8-)

#96 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

For me either Zavvi or Namco Bandai for their Ni No Kuni f*ck up. Since Namco Bandai only had the 1 blemish, I'm going to have to nominate Zavvi.

The first game I ordered from them they shipped and it never made it out of the UK (lost in some postal office). Took me 2 weeks and a faxed, signed letter saying I didn't receive the item in order to get my money back.

The second item I ordered had my order canceled about a week after the order was placed.

The third item came through without issue pretty quickly.

The last item I ordered was a "limited edition" but instead I was shipped a standard edition and their listing was changed to the standard after I had placed the order (some people will remember this one).

Thus, I am done with Zavvi.

ach.png

#97 AversionX

AversionX

Hail Sithis!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:58 PM

GameStop, over priced games all the time.

#98 Nionel

Nionel

Hopeless CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Namco Bandai for their Ni No Kuni f*ck up.[/B].

That happened in 2013, this vote is for 2012...

Anyway, I'm going with Play-Asia, I love their selection but the prices and shipping are almost always a deal breaker for me.

#99 PikkonFusion

PikkonFusion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:58 PM

ToysRUs.com

#100 mdcreeper

mdcreeper

CAGiversary

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

Easily ToysRus. for all the deals they claimed to have, they never seemed to know if they had any stock...ever.

#101 ThisIsJon

ThisIsJon

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

GameStop is as bad with their online store as they are with their brick and mortar stores.

#102 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

ToysRus too the point I stopped giving them my business
Posted ImagePosted Image

#103 azazel891

azazel891

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Toy's R Us because I can't remember any good deals.

#104 mis0soup

mis0soup

Backlog Over 9000

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

since gamespot sent me black ops for xbox360 insted of the ps3 ver i rodered they get my vote.

#105 Deona

Deona

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Gamestop

#106 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

DeepDiscount.com.

I preordered Yakuza Dead Souls for $39.99 and then waited over a month still no game. They didn't even ship it. I cancelled it and then a a few days later, two people I know that also preordered, it finally shipped. I emailed them afterwards saying since they've yet to refund my money(as they charged me already through Paypal) could they reinstate my purchase so I could get the game as they have copies in finally. Nope. For wasting over a month of my time I thought they'd atleast do this courtesy. It was a week later when my money was returned to Paypal.

I saved $20 since I got it for $20 in the future, but I will never purchase from DeepDiscount again.

#107 shinnocturne

shinnocturne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:06 PM

ToysRUs, because as we all know, shipping kills it

#108 Darkpaul

Darkpaul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:07 PM

Past experience never puts gamestop in a positive light for me. They earn this prize with hard work and dedication. You can't suck that hard without effort, ironically....heh....said (insert user name here)'s mother.

#109 PS3_44

PS3_44

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

Anytime I see "Worst" and GameStop as a choice... easy decision.

GameStop.

#110 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

Gamestop sent me a used copy of prey with a ribbed condom in the case.I don't need to say anymore.

Holy crap. Are you completely serious? That's the best laugh I've had in a while.

Even though I originally nominated Amazon, I may have to go ahead and vote for TRU, since their abysmal shipping fees have cockblocked pretty much every good deal they've ever had on their website short of the rare ultra-steep collector's edition price drop.

Gamestop deserves all the hate they get (especially if they're mailing out ribbed condoms in games) but their website has never screwed me over... until their recent $20 off God of War Saga coupon absolutely would not work for me online, forcing me to go to an actual store, where I was at least lucky enough to find a sealed copy.

Looking back, Amazon has always treated me well at least. And on the one occasion they did send me the wrong product - the CE for Arkham Asylum on PS3 when I requested 360 - they made the swap totally painless. I wouldn't call them the "worst" online retailer, but they are definitely the "biggest disappointment," which perhaps is worthy of its own category. Their once-hot deals on non-digital games have almost completely disappeared, though they've had some passable lightning deals lately.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#111 maskmanx

maskmanx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'm gonna say GS. Although i got two games for $30 each. One of them may be questionable. PS3 game may had been Shrink-wrapped by them and not by distributor.

#112 Tmega

Tmega

No Longer In Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Once again you win gamestop

#113 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

No online store alienates gamers more than Toys R Us. They have THE WORST shipping charges on the web for games. Why is a game $9 for shipping?

The worst part is that games and game accessories are excluded from EVERY free shipping promo on their site. They usually have spend $xx.xx and shipping is free. Then in the fine print, it excludes video games. WHY? That's ALL it excludes! Really?! A swing set or turtle sandbox ships free but not a game? They don't even make their games shop runner eligible.

I can't count how many times I've been about to take part in one of their deals only to see shipping raise the price by $15.

No thanks.

Reposting for reminder.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#114 TAVOBLACKWALLIN

TAVOBLACKWALLIN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

gamestop.com shipping way too much rather buy in store

#115 DN

DN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Gamestop

#116 An J0e

An J0e

Satirical Statement

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:52 PM

Toys r'us , no online stock, shovel ware deals, and nobody has more bumped post of "shipping kills it".

#117 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Gamestop

#118 thefunkyredcaboose

thefunkyredcaboose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:51 AM

The stuff Gamestop ships out is amazing... in a bad way.

#119 Vernox

Vernox

twitch.tv/ArtikChilll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:07 AM

gamestop.com

#120 bspaint

bspaint

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:28 AM

Gamestop