Photo
- - - - -

Silent Hill HD Collection (PS3) - $14.99 @ Newegg.

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Great price...$4 less than their recent eBay sale. In for one myself! And yes, the PS3 version was patched for all prior issues.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879248098

#2 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

What the hell, I just bought it there for 19 last week...
Posted Image

#3 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

What the hell, I just bought it there for 19 last week...

Haha, same here, ah well.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#4 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Which version is the one Konami won't patch?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#5 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Which version is the one Konami won't patch?

360 ver is the inferior, read post 1

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#6 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

Well I feel dumb now... :)
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#7 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Oos
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#8 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

And yes, the PS3 version was patched for all prior issues.

The above statement is a lie. Don't buy this game, it's terrible and you should not support Konami's laziness with your money.
Posted Image

#9 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

The above statement is a lie. Don't buy this game, it's terrible and you should not support Konami's laziness with your money.

honestly it's find after the patches, well at least that beat's PC controls + trophy support

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#10 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Correction, most issues. But to go so far as calling me a liar? Seems like someone is jaded, from most likely paying full price at release prior to the patch. Perhaps you should direct your crusades towards more worthy causes?

In any case...it's currently OOS.

#11 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

must be a lot of silent hill fans up at 4 in morning

Edited by shrike4242, 28 February 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#12 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sold out before I woke up. I guess I don't have to feel like a sucker for buying it at 19.

#13 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

must be a lot of silent hill fans up at 4 in morning

Well yeah. Those games are freakin' scary. Just try going to sleep right after seeing Pyramid Head make his entrance.

Edited by shrike4242, 28 February 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#14 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read. Part of the reason the 360 version wasn't patched was because it wasn't nearly as broken of a mess as the PS3 version was at launch. It didn't need to be patched as badly. That's not to say it doesn't have issues, but it still isn't any worse than the PS3 version, post patch. Both ports were bad.

#15 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

Yeah... they did the same thing with the ZoE HD remake. PS3 version is atrocious and they refuse to fix it. I've asked them by email a few times and they confirmed they won't do anything.

#16 vivafriend5

vivafriend5

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Just goes to show you can't believe everything you read. Part of the reason the 360 version wasn't patched was because it wasn't nearly as broken of a mess as the PS3 version was at launch. It didn't need to be patched as badly. That's not to say it doesn't have issues, but it still isn't any worse than the PS3 version, post patch. Both ports were bad.

All true. ZeroUnderOne is correct as well. The assumption that Konami would prioritize all titles with the PS3 as the lead console is erroneous.

They sent their HD collections to be handled by third parties who used their preferences. The Metal Gear Solid HD collection had the PS3 as a lead console and is very much competent.

I support both consoles and have the 360 version of SH and the PS3 version of ZotE. Unfortunately, Konami is not consistent to say the least.

#17 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I order it at $19 as well. I just asked newegg if they would price adjust it for me and they said normally they don't but they would for me this time. So, thanks for the heads up OP!
gallery_237099_8237_20619.png

#18 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

I order it at $19 as well. I just asked newegg if they would price adjust it for me and they said normally they don't but they would for me this time. So, thanks for the heads up OP!

Nice. I ordered it from ebay I doubt they would do it for me.

Currently Playing -   :pc: Divinity II: Developer's Cut  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut

Recently Completed -    :pc: Game of Thrones 6/29    :pc: Dark Souls PTD (Replay) 7/4  :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin 7/7   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12

#19 Bent 00

Bent 00

Show me ya moves!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:49 PM

Out of stock so soon? Oh well, I still have the PS2 versions of SH2 & 3. Aren't the originals better anyway?

#20 henry00x

henry00x

Chosen One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Out of stock so soon? Oh well, I still have the PS2 versions of SH2 & 3. Aren't the originals better anyway?

yes, this collection is a disaster all around, you are better with the originals on ps2

#21 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Was finally going to bite on this despite hearing it was a mess and despite me owning both PS2 versions, just for collection purposes and maybe to see what the trophies have you doing. Kinda surprised to hear its OOS considering how shitty everyone says it is.

#22 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

OK, I missed out on this sale again.

At the very worst, I'm holding a copy I got from BB for $29.99. With Silver membership, I have 60 days to PM online retailers. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#23 boylover

boylover

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

The patch did not fix the issues...

These games have worse graphics than the originals (the new lighting sucks, and removal of fog exposes certain things you shouldn't see... makes the graphics look worse), different voice acting, different music, sound glitches, the script was changed in a few parts, the aspect ratio is messed up for certain cutscenes, one particularly important cutscene got cropped badly, there is slowdown, random crashing, etc.

Here's a quick comparison to show you how "wrong" things look without the fog where it should be:
http://images3.wikia.../5/54/ZV6Fp.jpg

#24 boylover

boylover

Vampire Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:18 AM

Strongly recommend people buy the original versions of these games on PS2, Xbox, or PC.

Especially for SH3, since the new voice acting in HD Collection is awful, the script changes are unnecessary, the lighting sucks big time, missing graphical effects, music changed or removed, slowdown... Yuck.

#25 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:25 AM

The patch did not fix the issues...

These games have worse graphics than the originals (the new lighting sucks, and removal of fog exposes certain things you shouldn't see... makes the graphics look worse), different voice acting, different music, sound glitches, the script was changed in a few parts, the aspect ratio is messed up for certain cutscenes, one particularly important cutscene got cropped badly, there is slowdown, random crashing, etc.

Here's a quick comparison to show you how "wrong" things look without the fog where it should be:

Wow, thanks. That does look like arse. I'm glad I bought Darksiders 2 over this for 20 a couple weeks back. Kind of a shame bc I had wanted to replay with trophies, but the more I hear the less I want to bother.

#26 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Those photos are pre-patch.

#27 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:38 AM

Might've bit at this price. Even though I, already, bought the only 1 of the 2 I have any real interest in. Part 2 on PS2.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#28 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

I've never played any Silent Hill games, but I'd like to. Too bad this turned out crappy. So it's not even worth $15?

#29 Prismatico

Prismatico

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

I've never played any Silent Hill games, but I'd like to. Too bad this turned out crappy. So it's not even worth $15?

It could be, especially since you're a newcomer. The issues stick out a lot more to most fans, but not all. Some glitches or changes, like a lot of games, don't get noticed as easily or matter to every individual. Hell, some people seem to like the cleaner streets over the worn down, grittier look from the original Silent Hill 2.

#30 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:56 AM

Waiting for $10 or less.

xivpads.png