Best Buy 2 day sale. Sleeping Dogs $29.99, Madden 13 $34.99 and more.

Deader2818

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
:360::ps3:Sleeping Dogs - $29.99
:360::ps3::wii:Madden 13 - $34.99
:3ds:Kingdom Hearts 3D - $22.99
:ds:Victorious: Taking the Lead - $7.99
:ps3:God Of War Bundle - $47.99
:ps3:Infamous Bundle - $47.99
:ps3:Twisted Metal Bundle - $47.99
Vita Cradle - $11.99
Vita Card Case - $4.79

Would be nice if there was a black dual shock bundle on sale, I refuse to buy the colored ones now because of sony cheeping out the plastic.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Would be nice if there was a black dual shock bundle on sale, I refuse to buy the colored ones now because of sony cheeping out the plastic.[/QUOTE]

what happened?

Hey...I might actually grab one of those PS3 Dualshock Bundles. For a new PS3 owner, should I get the GoW Saga/Red Combo or InFamous Collection/Blue Combo?

[quote name='Zolor23']Hey...I might actually grab one of those PS3 Dualshock Bundles. For a new PS3 owner, should I get the GoW Saga/Red Combo or InFamous Collection/Blue Combo?[/QUOTE]
The GoW one, it comes with more games and a 30 day membership to PS+(I have heard it does not include PS+ anymore but the description on BB's website say it does so ymmv maybe).
Includes God of War, God of War II, God of War III, God of War: Chains of Olympus*, God of War: Ghost of Sparta*, exclusive bonus content*, a PlayStation Plus trial** and a Deep Red DUALSHOCK 3 Wireless Controller

[quote name='YBX87']wasn't the dualshock 3 bundle on sale $39.99 last year?[/QUOTE]

The various bundles have been on sale for $40 at BB both late last year and also earlier this year, I believe.

[quote name='htz']The GoW one, it comes with more games and a 30 day membership to PS+(I have heard it does not include PS+ anymore but the description on BB's website say it does so ymmv maybe).[/QUOTE]

Are these new or something? On YT, I can only find videos of the GoW Origins/Dualshock Bundle instead of the GoW Saga/Dualshock Bundle. Anyways, do you know if the GoW Saga included is a "not for resale" copy?

[quote name='Zolor23']Are these new or something? On YT, I can only find videos of the GoW Origins/Dualshock Bundle instead of the GoW Saga/Dualshock Bundle. Anyways, do you know if the GoW Saga included is a "not for resale" copy?[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDrJ17gnESM

I can't remember with this bundle specifically but the twisted metal one had "not for resale" on it.

[quote name='htz']

I can't remember with this bundle specifically but the twisted metal one had "not for resale" on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was searching for "GoW Saga Dualshock Bundle" instead of "Ultimate Combo Pack." Even with the not for resale, I'll probably get it. Thanks!

Oh, 1 last question. If I buy a 12 month PS+ Subscription, will the trial add onto the sub? Should I use the trial, then wait for it to expire to enter my code? Will the sub add onto the month of PS+ in the Saga?

[quote name='mossfan563']Decent price for Madden 13. Hasn't been that low for a while.[/QUOTE]

Seasons over so I'd expect price drops to occur more frequently in the near future.

[quote name='Zolor23']Thanks, I was searching for "GoW Saga Dualshock Bundle" instead of "Ultimate Combo Pack." Even with the not for resale, I'll probably get it. Thanks!

Oh, 1 last question. If I buy a 12 month PS+ Subscription, will the trial add onto the sub? Should I use the trial, then wait for it to expire to enter my code? Will the sub add onto the month of PS+ in the Saga?[/QUOTE]

The PS+ trial adds on to your existing membership. I put in two trial codes and it added two months to my subscription end date.

[quote name='RandyGordo']The PS+ trial adds on to your existing membership. I put in two trial codes and it added two months to my subscription end date.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='GodOfUncharted']Sleeping Dogs is outstanding. It's worth $60.[/QUOTE]

I agree! It was actually one of my favorite games of 2012. I really hope UFG is working hard on Sleeping Dogs 2 and for next-gen!

[quote name='mikepeluso']I'm still waiting for Sleeping Dogs go below $25.
I'm shocked its still at $29.99.[/QUOTE]It's actually a clearance SKU item but seems like most stores don't utilize the clearance sections like my local stores do. Plus, one of my fav stores has all clearance at 50% all the time so $25 for Sleeeping dogs for months now. The PS3 game/controller bundles are clearance too $30. The vita game card case can be beat at walamrt I think it's $4 on rollback.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='htz']...30 day membership to PS+(I have heard it does not include PS+ anymore but the description on BB's website say it does so ymmv maybe).[/QUOTE]

The 30 PS+ membership was only in the first few prints of the game. All new prints exclude it, and no longer have the error on the box (says GoW III supports 3D). Since the controller bundle came after GoW Saga stopped including the PS+ code, I'd say that it is very unlikely that you'll get one in this bundle.

[quote name='Zolor23']Thanks, I was searching for "GoW Saga Dualshock Bundle" instead of "Ultimate Combo Pack." Even with the not for resale, I'll probably get it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

You are aware that 'not for resale' is only meant for the original retailer, right? I seriously facepalm whenever people go 'you can't sell that, it says not for resale right there!'. It's like those tags on mattresses that say you can't remove them, or bad legal stuff will happen. It only applies to the original retailer. Not the consumer.

The only possible negative I could see with the 'not for resale' tag on the barcode, is that it may lower the value to game collectors if it ever becomes worth anything years from now.

[quote name='Tygamr']You are aware that 'not for resale' is only meant for the original retailer, right? I seriously facepalm whenever people go 'you can't sell that, it says not for resale right there!'. It's like those tags on mattresses that say you can't remove them, or bad legal stuff will happen. It only applies to the original retailer. Not the consumer.

The only possible negative I could see with the 'not for resale' tag on the barcode, is that it may lower the value to game collectors if it ever becomes worth anything years from now.[/QUOTE]

I don't want to go to BB or GS to trade in a game and have to take out the cover art to trade it in. The employees don't see a barcode, and see that message, then don't take it. In this case, I don't see myself trading it in (soon anyway), so this time, I'll get it.

[quote name='Zolor23']I don't want to go to BB or GS to trade in a game and have to take out the cover art to trade it in. The employees don't see a barcode, and see that message, then don't take it. In this case, I don't see myself trading it in (soon anyway), so this time, I'll get it.[/QUOTE]

I have never had an issue trading games in that say "not for resale" on them at any GameStop I have ever been to.

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']what happened?[/QUOTE]

All of the latest colored DS3 models use a thinner plastic. thin enough that you can see the LED light through the actual front of the controller(where the sony logo is) and it looks TERRIBLE. In my opinion just all around feels cheaper.

The clear exclusive ones are the way to go in my opinion, and are worth the 40 price. The Crimson red one from target is amazing. (its translucent so the LED has a reason to be seen) Also these controller bundles come with crappy multi-lingual game cases. I had gotten the GOW saga red controller bundle late 2012, and returned it instantly upon seeing the shit controller and multi-lingual stuff.

Its cool though if you don't mind the cheaper controllers and are just gonna trade/sell the games that come with them.

[quote name='LordTobert']I have never had an issue trading games in that say "not for resale" on them at any GameStop I have ever been to.[/QUOTE]

Pff, I never even take the game cases in. I trade Disc only at gamestop. Id rather keep my fresh cases and artwork (just in case I decide to rebuy the game for cheap later). So no reason for the "not for resale" to effect anything.

Just a heads up for anyone with the Controller bundles. The Twisted Metal games trades in to GameStop for $24 with power up rewards. Basically it is half the cost of the bundle. However, the bundles have been cheaper in the past as others have mentioned.

I was hoping for a game where you're some punk kid and there's like a lot of sleeping dogs and you gotta sneak by without waking them up.. Chinese gangs and over the top violence though.. whoa.. whoa. Didn't see that comin'

[quote name='LordTobert']I have never had an issue trading games in that say "not for resale" on them at any GameStop I have ever been to.[/QUOTE]
GameStop and BestBuy both have traded in copies of Metal Gear Solid 4 that was part of the system bundle and are "not for resale" as well as Xbox titles like the Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy. Both retailers put their own bar code stickers on the outside of the case. More often then not over the not for resale sticker so if you bought one you may not know untill you get home and get the stickers off.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']All of the latest colored DS3 models use a thinner plastic. thin enough that you can see the LED light through the actual front of the controller(where the sony logo is) and it looks TERRIBLE. In my opinion just all around feels cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I wondered why my Twisted Metal bundled controller felt a little funny. Now i know thanks.

Also as i think others have mentioned the Twisted Metal/DS3 bundle has been on 2 day sale for 35 dollars before.

[quote name='boosted02gt']Just a heads up for anyone with the Controller bundles. The Twisted Metal games trades in to GameStop for $24 with power up rewards. Basically it is half the cost of the bundle. However, the bundles have been cheaper in the past as others have mentioned.[/QUOTE] I did that with the KZ bundle whe it had a $21 TIV $9 + tax per controller can't be beat.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Pff, I never even take the game cases in. I trade Disc only at gamestop. Id rather keep my fresh cases and artwork (just in case I decide to rebuy the game for cheap later). So no reason for the "not for resale" to effect anything.[/QUOTE]

I get hit with a refub fee everytime I bring one in without the case. When Hollywood video was going out, I brought in the cases that were clearly labeled as HV and no refub fees. Maybe its a general policy at the district/region level.

The codes in God of War Saga for the two PSP games and the 1 month of PS+ expire on March 31 2013, so this might be your last chance to get the most out of this collection. Not sure if reprints have later expirations for the codes.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ShadowAssailantX']The codes in God of War Saga for the two PSP games and the 1 moth of PS+ expire on March 31 2013, so this might be your last chance to get the most out of this collection. Not sure if reprints have later expirations for the codes.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. I wonder if the codes actually won't work in April, or if it just SAYS 3/31. Does anyone know Playstation's history with these types of expiring codes?

What is the God of War/Infamous bundle? I thought the collections including all the games released were only $40 at MSRP.

[quote name='rcerboss']What is the God of War/Infamous bundle? I thought the collections including all the games released were only $40 at MSRP.[/QUOTE]

Bundles include a controller. Red for GOW, blue for iNFAMOUS.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Very interesting. I wonder if the codes actually won't work in April, or if it just SAYS 3/31. Does anyone know Playstation's history with these types of expiring codes?[/QUOTE]
I don't know much, but from what I have seen it's a coin toss on the PS+ vouchers. If nothing comes up on PS+ between now and then that makes me want to redeem it like the New Year's sale, then I will be redeeming all my remaining vouchers on the 30th or 31st.

I wouldn't worry too much about the actual games expiring though, just because that would cause a MASSIVE shitstorm for everyone who bought the game after that date. I just can't imagine Sony would be willing to have all that bad press and ill will from the fans, especially since they seem to still be printing the game. Remember all the articles on EA the first time they made online passes exipre? And that was for a $10 online pass.......

A word of warning that there is a new God of War Ascension controller package that's coming out, and it's bada$$! It was recently announced for the UK, so there's no reason why it won't be announced here. I already have all the games of the Saga package, and after playing the Ascension demo, I can't wait to grap that controller/game combo when it comes out.

Terrible sale.

I'm not buying Sleeping Dogs at $30 considering I've already rented and finished the game, but I'd consider it at $20 and would definitely jump at $15 or less. If you have the money to burn, I'd say it's worth full price and definitely worth this current price - it's a blast.

Sleeping Dogs cannot get enough love. One of the best games I've ever played and easily worth full price.

In regards to color controllers, I've had them ever since they were released a few years ago and they were never the same quality as the original DS3. Even the current black ones aren't the same, not to say that they're not usable because they still are. It's just that some of the materials are cheaper and more prone to wear. Luckily, I still have a couple OG DS3's in blister packs.

bread's done
Back