Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Wait, what?!

#272 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:09 AM

Wait, what?!

They're basically talking about stealing slipcovers to summarize.
Posted Image

#273 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:17 AM

Not stealing. Swiping. Sounds cooler.

#274 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

:roll: Not getting any fans over here.

#275 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

No need to sugar coat. I blame Funimation for making sets that include slipcovers provoking people to do these kinds of acts. How dare they! Personally I wouldn't do it, but I've been pretty lucky with my slipcovers. :P
Posted Image

#276 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:24 AM

It's a little different if you take them and put them in a bag than them giving it to you because you asked...... o.O

#277 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:27 AM

Is the game really THAT good? I can understand wanting it in your collection, but even still:-kthat's a lot of money for one game

The problem is that Sega only published a small number at first, with a just as small 2nd print number as soon as the 1st went out of stock and no one could get them. As soon as that happened, hoarders who had multiple copies struck auction sites and asked for hundreds of dollars for them.

Demand sky-rocketed as soon as reviews went in from various people who actually had the game and played it, claiming how great the game was. Prices also went up in combination of that and the rarity. Which *really* sucks for those of us who'd never shell out that kinda cash for a game but want to own it to play it. :\ Even worse that the devs lost the source code for the game, ensuring that a port would never happen.

#278 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

The problem is that Sega only published a small number at first, with a just as small 2nd print number as soon as the 1st went out of stock and no one could get them. As soon as that happened, hoarders who had multiple copies struck auction sites and asked for hundreds of dollars for them.

Demand sky-rocketed as soon as reviews went in from various people who actually had the game and played it, claiming how great the game was. Prices also went up in combination of that and the rarity. Which *really* sucks for those of us who'd never shell out that kinda cash for a game but want to own it to play it. :\ Even worse that the devs lost the source code for the game, ensuring that a port would never happen.

I recall frantically searching for it at release. It took me two weeks to find a copy. They had 2 at a local TRU, and I grabbed both (one for me, and one for a buddy that was also hunting for it). I'm so happy I was able to find it back then. Like you, I wouldn't even consider paying today's prices for it :(

#279 anime5ever

anime5ever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image
and 2 digital psp games
Wild Arms Ps1 Classic
Patchwork Heroes.

#280 Br0keAssGamer

Br0keAssGamer

BrokeAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

Posted Image
and 2 digital psp games
Wild Arms Ps1 Classic
Patchwork Heroes.

Great pickups. I still need to pick up White or Black 2....

I didn't pick up much this week, just a copy of Metroid: Other M because it was cheap. It's not bad so far :D

Make $$ on your iOS or Android device using FeaturePoints! 

Use the code G8KHP9 for 50 FREE POINTS when you start!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't care if it's another fucking Mario/Duck Hunt. It's the only thing I've found today so I'm buying it!"
My eBay Page http://myworld.ebay....jabberwocky2600

#281 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Posted Image

I remember trying to get the Tenchi set a year ago and the cheapest was about $90. Had to settle for the singles. Paid $25 for this one. Didn't think it was so damn thick, though.

So nice to have a complete collection of Fate/Stay Night for about $20. Much better than trying to hunt down the Geneon singles. Sentai is also starting to wise up apparently, as it came in a standard size case instead of a stupid thick case with the discs on a spindle.

#282 VideoGamesIzFun

VideoGamesIzFun

Legalize it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Here's some of my pick ups

Posted Image

Gamestop for most. Grabbed that Mario at Goodwill for $4 and grabbed Time Crisis 4 Guncon bundle for ~$35 shipped on ebay.

#283 regularshow99

regularshow99

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

So far this month I've gotten:
-Metal Gear Rising
-Tomb Raider Collectors Edition (Great Value)
-Ni No Kuni
-Journey Collectors Edition
-Sly Cooper Thieves In Time
-Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition Game Guide
-Halo 4 Collectors Edition Game Guide
^ 6.99 Each At Best Buy!!
-Halo 4 Best Buy Tee Shirt
^ 3.99!
I'm also hopefully picking up Bioshock Infinite on Tuesday!

#284 Layd Dly

Layd Dly

LEGEND..wait for it..DARY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Top 3 are from Best Buy's Clearance, the the bottom 3 are from the B2G1 that I PM'd at Best Buy. And now after Months my WiiU collection has now Doubled.

Posted Image

Battle.net: Vinomen#1986
76561197994706915.pngAddFriend.png
168249.png

#285 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:59 PM

Posted Image

I remember trying to get the Tenchi set a year ago and the cheapest was about $90. Had to settle for the singles. Paid $25 for this one. Didn't think it was so damn thick, though.

Very nice. I'm waiting for the set from FUNi to drop in price a little bit. They seem to be having a thing for making thick pack DVD/BD combos as of lately (and in really crummy packages, too). Hoping the quality on the BDs are better than Geneon's DVDs, seeing as they used the same Geneon masters for Tenchi Universe. :|

#286 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:21 PM

From what I hear, the remasters are not that great and they lack extras, which is why I double dipped here.

EDIT: Wait, I thought I remember seeing the FUNi Tenchi set as one of those "2 cases in an artbox" style package...

Edited by DNukem170, 21 March 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#287 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

Very nice. I'm waiting for the set from FUNi to drop in price a little bit. They seem to be having a thing for making thick pack DVD/BD combos as of lately (and in really crummy packages, too). Hoping the quality on the BDs are better than Geneon's DVDs, seeing as they used the same Geneon masters for Tenchi Universe. :|

They actually started off with the big thick packs with some of their early blu releases, and then ditched them for a little while, but went right back to them for some reason, lol.
Posted Image

#288 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:52 AM

Posted Image

Bejeweled is from the groupon deal way back (not sure why I bought it :wave:), Wii jacket was at a thrift shop for $1 so I got it for my remote that need a plus size;) The book was my top off item to get FSSS on the Classic Controller Pro deal (still waiting for that to ship :drool:). I've heard it's pretty good, and have been wanting it for a while:)

Posted Image
Oh, and I picked up the BaB5 just for the heck of it (I never seem to get around to playing these games), and am looking forward to playing Dawning. Might review it:applause:

EDIT: should know by now not to use dropbox for pic hosting. Always screws me over:angry:

Edited by MrNinjaSquirrel, 22 March 2013 - 05:41 AM.

Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#289 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

EDIT: Wait, I thought I remember seeing the FUNi Tenchi set as one of those "2 cases in an artbox" style package...

That's basically what all of them, save for Tenchi Universe/in Tokyo/GXP have been. Wouldn't be so much of an issue if the art boxes weren't just paper glued around a cardboard box, seeing as how the paper is very easy to peel off by mistake.

#290 MidnightMarauder74

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

not sure exactly how good of a deal it is...but I picked up discs 1-3 of panzer dragoon saga for 110 shipped. I figured now that the going rate for a complete copy is ~300 I could somehow get disc 4 and/or cover art for the remaining $190 lol

You reminded me that I have a complete copy of this game in my Saturn collection. I remember picking it up on a whim at a TRU in the waning days of the Saturn. Looking at the prices now, I'm glad I picked it up. :bouncy:

#291 Mirpkered

Mirpkered

Dyslexic GAC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

Posted Image

I responded to a local forum ad for a guy cleaning our his storage units. I talked to him for a bit and met him at his units. I ended up after looking through everything with the following:

Wireless 360 Rock Band guitar
Wireless 360 Guitar Hero guitar
Sega Saturn with power
Original Xbox controller
Wavebird controller (no receiver)
Electronic chess set
14 Pokemon Trading Figure Game figures

I ended up picking up the whole lot for $10!

#292 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

I responded to a local forum ad for a guy cleaning our his storage units. I talked to him for a bit and met him at his units. I ended up after looking through everything with the following:

Wireless 360 Rock Band guitar
Wireless 360 Guitar Hero guitar
Sega Saturn with power
Original Xbox controller
Wavebird controller (no receiver)
Electronic chess set
14 Pokemon Trading Figure Game figures

I ended up picking up the whole lot for $10!

:drool::applause:

#293 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Posted Image

#294 dan13l858

dan13l858

R.I.P. Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

Posted Image

1 more pic

#295 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Posted Image

The Ni No Kuni is quite cool. I'd like to get that someday just for collector's sake. haha

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#296 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Gamecube with all the hookups, controller, memory card, & resident evil 4 complete for 99 cents. The guy originally had said that he had resident evil 4, metal gear the twin snakes, and godzilla destroy all monsters. But when i got to his place he couldn't find the other two, he only had RE 4. Anyways for 99 cents i'm still happy.
He did say that once he found the other two games he would call me so that i can pick them up for free.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#297 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:03 PM

The Ni No Kuni is quite cool. I'd like to get that someday just for collector's sake. haha

wait, is Ni No Kuni on DS in Japan?

#298 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

wait, is Ni No Kuni on DS in Japan?

Mmmhmm. The Wizard guide there comes with the DS version, IIRC.

#299 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Mmmhmm. The Wizard guide there comes with the DS version, IIRC.

How does it look? I can't image the whole game working on DS very well (though I suppose stranger things have happened).

#300 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

How does it look? I can't image the whole game working on DS very well (though I suppose stranger things have happened).

We could try to describe it, but I'd be willing to be you'll get more out of youtubing it. =P

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0