The Official CAG March 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
492 replies to this topic

#211 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:05 PM

I forgot Sola even existed. Is it any good?

i liked it when i watched it a few years ago and its going out of print. Since its such a niche title i was worried about it not being picked up again.

#212 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

I forgot Sola even existed. Is it any good?

I enjoyed it. Nice little romance
Spoiler
Posted Image

#213 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

Time Lord Victorious!

Spoiler

Bought it mainly for Series 2 and 4. Already watched the other four through separate purchases (and own Series 1). All for about $100.

#214 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Playing retro games is going to be ruff on a tv that size isn't $80 for a PSone pretty high? Or are the games just really valuable (I haven't looked into which PS1 games are expensive lately). How does the screen look?

I picked up a PSone with LCD screen and memory card on 1/17, I paid about $40 for that alone (the lcd screen was a huge driving factor).

The LCD screen alone can go for $40+, the games he could sell and break even, so he got a very good deal.
You would be suprised the screen is a great size because you should have it really close, I have the power cord plugged in next to my bed and the console folded up near my xbox, if I get the retro urge I can just put it right next to me and play.
Also has built in speakers and contrast - + button's. It was like the psp but better IMO.

It's nice and small and folds up, plus, built in screen, and as retro games can get iffy on a brand new 40" 1080p screen, I really think he got a GREAT deal.

#215 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Big one for me today. Id been planning on getting a Saturn for a while now. I already have a list of the games I'd like to get for it to play. I couldn't pass this lot up. It's very rare that you can start out your console collection with one of the most valuable titles. I paid $375 for this lot. That's a lot of money, and I don't know if I would have bought it if I knew at the time I was going to be paying for PS3 repair. I'm still waiting for a Vita price drop as well.

But I'm happy with this purchase. I feel I got a very good deal, and I'm excited to finally build the Saturn collection I've been thinking of for a long while.

While searching for a Saturn console, I found this lot...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I got that entire lot for less than the price of most completed auctions for PDS. Area 51 is complete and was actually also on my aformentioned list. And the best part...everything works perfectly and PDS...PDS is in immaculate condition. There is literally not a single scratch or smudge, not so much as a fingerprint or dust spec on any of the four discs. I really think its never been played (though it will be, by me). It's 100% complete--not just the manual, discs, art, and sleeves, but even the sega ad insert and the mail away for. It's all there.

This is such an exciting way for me to start my Saturn gaming.
WTB: Outback Joey ($900 bounty for cart only!)

#216 stiner

stiner

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

Bored so here goes and I'm insanely jealous of Panzer Dragoon saga. Have the other two but that ones just too damn expensive right now.

Posted Image

Troy, DMC, and Fragile dreams are from gamestops random B2G1F coupon. My friend and I both picked up MW3 from bestbuy for $10 so we would have a new coop game to play. And I picked up Amular guide for $4 after unloading some unwanted comics to a local store, it was only $10 to begin with. Oh and more Pokemon!

Posted Image

PS2 games were from Bestbuy. Surprised to see they still had games left and they were still $1.

Posted Image

I got home and opened Elemental Master up and it was covered in Blockbuster stickers. Should have taken a pic, the damn thing had almost no visible cart and the label was covered up a little. Luckily everything came off pretty easy.

Posted Image

All the figures were from Blockbuster. The one near me is down to its last 6 days and had all toys 70% off, guides were $3 a piece, all movies $3, games 40% off. Grabbed a few things not pictured: God of War III, Killzone 3, Dragon Age 2, and Infamous 2 guides and Kirby Squeak Squad for pretty cheap. Haruhi was $30. Out of print so I figured why not.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#217 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Just grabbed a whole mess of games. Went to a local used shop that's a bit out of my way, so it's been a while since I had a chance to peruse their selection.

Posted Image

~$110 got me this:

• PS1:

Ace Combat 3

• N64:

Micro Machinies
Gex 3

• Genesis:

Bart vs The Space Mutants (CIB)
Puggsy (CIB)
Chuck Rock 2
Death Duel
Dinoland
Landstalker
Thunder Force 2

• TG-16:

Final Lap Twin
Victory Run

• SNES:

Adventures of Dr Franken
B.O.B.
Bubsy
Cutthroat Island
Gradius III
Izzy's Quest
Jim Power Lost Dimension
NBA Live 95 (you know what this is gonna be used for ;) )
Out of the World
Power Piggs of the Dark Age (never even heard of it before seeing it on the shelf :P )
Rival Turf
Super Battletank: Wat in the Gulf
Super Ninja Boy

#218 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

You've definitely been on a retro binge as of late haven't you, wiggy?
Posted Image

#219 shawnmelo

shawnmelo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:45 PM

Posted Image

#220 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

Posted Image

Freespace I found at a local place for $2, Fire Emblem from a trade with a friend, and the PSone stuff all was from a Craigslist lot for $80. I plan on getting rid of Thousand Arms since I already have a copy, so that'll drive down the price pretty good. I've been wanting a PSone with the mini screen for quite some time now.

Posted Image

I'm impatient and got a new TV, a Samsung UN55ES6003 from AWD for $775. It didn't come in the original box and one of the TV stand screws was nearly completely stripped, but it looks absolutely flawless. The TV on the ground is my old 42" for a size comparison.

Mmmmmmm, delicious TV is delicious!

You've definitely been on a retro binge as of late haven't you, wiggy?

LOL! Take a look at like 95% of my pickups over the months. That's sort of my thing for the most part ;)

#221 dodgeme

dodgeme

Shadow the Hedgehog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Took a trip to the local best buys to see if they had any of the clearance titles and was able to walk away with these three for $20 or so dollars after some reward zone coupons.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#222 Olengie

Olengie

Minato Arisato is the Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

Went to Best Buy after I went to the Market with my Mom. Best Buy had 10 Copies of Pikimin 2 when it said unavailable. :lol: Left with this. Wasn't interested in the other Clearanced Titles at the time. That and I also don't want to spend more money.
Posted Image

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#223 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Went to Best Buy after I went to the Market with my Mom. Best Buy had 10 Copies of Pikimin 2 when it said unavailable. :lol: Left with this. Wasn't interested in the other Clearanced Titles at the time. That and I also don't want to spend more money.
Posted Image

what's the second copy for?
A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#224 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

Freespace I found at a local place for $2, Fire Emblem from a trade with a friend, and the PSone stuff all was from a Craigslist lot for $80. I plan on getting rid of Thousand Arms since I already have a copy, so that'll drive down the price pretty good. I've been wanting a PSone with the mini screen for quite some time now.

Be VERY careful with the PSone screen. I have two of them and the hinge on one broke after about a year of infrequent, gentle usage. The second occasionally has video distortion issues. I've reinforced the bottom seam of the screen with tape, so hopefully that will keep it from self-destructing. I'd strongly recommend that you do that with yours, as well. I baby my stuff, especially anything with a hinge, so for one to break after how I handled it should speak volumes about how fragile it is.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#225 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

what's the second copy for?

Gifting purposes.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#226 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

Troy, DMC, and Fragile dreams are from gamestops random B2G1F coupon. My friend and I both picked up MW3 from bestbuy for $10 so we would have a new coop game to play. And I picked up Amular guide for $4 after unloading some unwanted comics to a local store, it was only $10 to begin with. Oh and more Pokemon!

I am VERY VERY jealous of that guide... I want it baaaaaaadddddd.....

#227 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

I had a problem with the PSOne Screen Hinge before... It popped off after I threw it down some stairs (I thought the bag was only full of clothes), but I was able to pop it back in eventually. It still works great! :lol:
Posted Image

#228 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

I had a problem with the PSOne Screen Hinge before... It popped off after I threw it down some stairs

Posted Image
Posted Image

#229 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

Be VERY careful with the PSone screen. I have two of them and the hinge on one broke after about a year of infrequent, gentle usage. The second occasionally has video distortion issues. I've reinforced the bottom seam of the screen with tape, so hopefully that will keep it from self-destructing. I'd strongly recommend that you do that with yours, as well. I baby my stuff, especially anything with a hinge, so for one to break after how I handled it should speak volumes about how fragile it is.

That is the first I've heard of them being fragile, but I will surely be careful in handling it from now on.

Posted Image

You always had a way with words.

#230 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Posted Image

This is totally becoming my new avatar:bouncy:if anyone that's good at photoshop want's to give him a headband8-)

#231 anime5ever

anime5ever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

Posted Image

I lol'd, Why the hell did you thow the damn screen down the stairs KillerRamen?

#232 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I lol'd, Why the hell did you thow the damn screen down the stairs KillerRamen?

As previously stated, I thought it was just a bag of clothes. I had no idea my PSOne and PSOne LCD was in there.

They both work fine and look perfect, so I'm not too upset about it.
Posted Image

#233 anime5ever

anime5ever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

As previously stated, I thought it was just a bag of clothes. I had no idea my PSOne and PSOne LCD was in there.

They both work fine and look perfect, so I'm not too upset about it.

oh ok. that would've sucked if the screen got smashed.

#234 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image
Very surprised. They actually had a new copy out on the floor for 39.99. :lol:

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#235 Lord Darias

Lord Darias

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

Darksiders 2 Xbox 360 $15
Dishonered Xbox 360 $15

#236 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:39 PM

This is totally becoming my new avatar:bouncy:if anyone that's good at photoshop want's to give him a headband8-)

Posted Image

#237 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

^ total win

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#238 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image

And here's the Naruto Version,

http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29740
Posted Image

#239 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

You literally just made my night:applause:

#240 wiggyx

wiggyx

Dorkity-dork-dork

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:59 PM

;)