Photo
- - - - -

10% off gaming goods makes the Wii U ZombiU Deluxe Set $350.99 Via V.me at Newegg

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 qwikshake

qwikshake

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

I have 0 interest in ZombiU and don't like that Nintendoland is digital. Should I just get the ZombiU bundle anyway because it's only $35 more for another game (that I wont play) and a Pro Controller, or just get a normal Deluxe model? *sigh* Does anyone know if ZombiU is in a normal factory sealed case?

Edit: Huh, it looks like the normal Deluxe model has $7.30 shipping and no free shipping option, making it even worse...

To add insult to injury, a normal Deluxe does not include the Wii U Pro Controller.
I bought the Newegg bundle too.

For those who don't know this comes 2 Games (Nintendoland (Digital) and Zombiu (Disc)) and 2 Controllers the Controlpad (the standard one with touchscreen) as well as a bonus Pro Controller (Like and Xbox 360 or PS3 Controller) So you are getting all the Deluxe Bundle items plus $110 of bonus items above the standard Deluxe Bundle and with this deal you are only paying an extra $1 over the Deluxe Bundle!

The way I see it is that this bundle is Nintendo's way of establishing a strong install base; they've got a lot to live up to if they want to sell even half as many as the Wii has (~99 million sold worldwide). This latest deal worked on me; I've been contemplating the WiiU for a while now anyway.

#32 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Yeah I bit too on this. Not really sure why. Kinda glad I got a nice bundle and a Pro Controller.

Might be using this 10% off on some computer parts.

#33 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

For those that purchase this bundle, don't forget to sign up for the digital deluxe promotion. https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#34 Frankski

Frankski

Sir French Fry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

I saw this deal the other day. Been agonizing over it all weekend. But finally bit on it. Thanks for the posting, OP!

#35 freakmojo

freakmojo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:53 AM

I'm excited to be a part of the new WiiU Owners Club. Hope to see you guys/ gals on the Miiverse :-)

#36 jtron

jtron

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

Just ordered one. I'm pretty excited to try ZombieU

#37 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:26 AM

I was considering this bundle as well for my wife and kids, but they have zero interest in ZombiU.
I happened to check Target.com, and they had the Mario Bros bundle in stock for 368.99 with a $25 gift card. Now, my Target Redcard eliminated the tax and shipping charge, and the gift card was like bringing the price to 343.99, plus I'm getting the Mario game that the family wants instead of a game nobody wants. I know I don't get the extra controller, but I have plenty of WiiMotes, and we shop at Target all the time, so the gift card will come in handy.
So yeah, the Target deal works a little better for me.

#38 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:34 AM

Tempting, but I think I'll hold out and see if this hits $300 in a few months.

#39 Little Green Yoda

Little Green Yoda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:35 AM

How much space does the digital Nintendoland take up?

#40 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:44 AM

I saw this deal the other day. Been agonizing over it all weekend. But finally bit on it. Thanks for the posting, OP!

Sorry for causing you the agony, but glad to see you come through okay! And your welcome.
Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

675829.png

#41 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

How much space does the digital Nintendoland take up?

According to Nintendo Nerds "Nintendo Land Download Size Is 3.2GB"

http://www.nintendon...ze-is-32gb-r668

So not to bad I think it will be a great one to have be able to access easily.

Edit I just downloaded mine and it said it was only 2852 MB.

Edited by brernurse, 05 March 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Please add me to your Ultraviolet/Digital Copy mailing lists, my email is tjw779@yahoo.com

675829.png

#42 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

Got mine this morning! Just working on setting it up and transferring over my Wii content. But to answer a few questions people have asked earlier Zombiu is in a sealed Wii U game case but there is no UPC, and Nintendoland is a code that you do have to redeem from eShop.

675829.png

#43 qwikshake

qwikshake

Deal Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

This is a great deal for those who don't have a Wii U already. I got mine on launch day.

To tell you the true Nintendo Land is so boring that I only used it on the launch day for a lil more than 2 hours. Well it might be that I play alone in my house cuz none else play videogames so none is interested on playing with me Nintendo Land. Maybe if you play with your Family ya might like it cuz that's how its meant to be played cuz almost all minigames on it are meant for more than one player.

If it has Online/Online Co-Op I'm sure would have played it more.

Letting you guys know that you need to update your Wii U. If you don't have internet all you will be able to do is play Wii U games. The update was rumored to be 5GB cuz.

Agreed. Nintendoland is fun, but I'm mainly going to play thru the Pikmin-themed minigame, try the others at least once, and call it a day.
Quoting a bit from SD:
Club Nintendo-wise, this bundle gets you 220 Coins, 160 for the system and 60 for Nintendoland (zero for ZombiU). Nintendoland also counts toward the Digital Deluxe Promo, making it 599 points (in monetary units, $6 coupon code, most likely in the form of one $5 coupon and $1 toward the next coupon).

#44 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:11 AM

Returned my launch wii u last day could return at best buy because my analog sticks were messed up. Just got cash back and was gonna get it online. Then saw the zombiu bundle announced, waited for that. But no local stores had it, so I'm glad I saw this.

So my deluxe return was $38x.xx
This was $350 and I get a pro controller and zombiu. Yay!

Edited by aTaRiFrEaK223, 10 March 2013 - 01:18 AM.

#45 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

Returned my launch wii u last day could return at best buy because my analog sticks were messed up. Just got cash back and was gonna get it online. Then saw the zombiu bundle announced, waited for that. But no local stores had it, so I'm glad I saw this.

So my deluxe return was $38x.xx
This was $350 and I get a pro controller and zombiu. Yay!

Cool glad it worke out for you!

675829.png

#46 Banjora

Banjora

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Deal is dead early. Was supposed to last till March 21st but they've stopped accepting it.

#47 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Yeah i sold my ZombiU, so I pretty much paid $320 for the bundle. I think it was worth especially with the other bonuses

#48 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yeah i sold my ZombiU, so I pretty much paid $320 for the bundle. I think it was worth especially with the other bonuses

WHY would you do that o.0 it's a great game, and for the next 3 day's one of the few to play.

#49 sikboy1029

sikboy1029

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:24 AM

Just saw this thread, the deal is dead...damn!

#50 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

WHY would you do that o.0 it's a great game, and for the next 3 day's one of the few to play.

Yeah i no, but Im not really into the genre and I got it mostly for my little brother and sister, it would scare them shitless (and me for that matter) so it isnt that big of a deal. Id rather cut the cost of the system cause I really didnt care to get a Wii U until this deal came around. I just want to play Bayonetta 2 and the Wind Waker remake.

#51 bigbadwolfe911

bigbadwolfe911

Who's Afraid of Me?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Deal is dead early. Was supposed to last till March 21st but they've stopped accepting it.

Just saw this thread, the deal is dead...damn!

Sorry you guys missed out, kind of a bummer they stopped promo early. But to be honest I truly expected my order not to go through and when it did thought it was a mistake that they may cut off as usually game consoles are usually excluded from deals like this especially new ones.

But I am glad that so many were able to take advantage of this deal, including myself. :lol:

675829.png