3DS eShop - Fractured Soul - $7.99 until 3/7/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/nNdVsaE7NjbIjtn4Hvnt4pcUnaGverfk

Normally $11.99, this eShop game is on sale for $7.99 until Thursday when the eShop update happens.

More info on the game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlVGAwSyPK8

Game Overview

Old-school platforming on two screens!

Fractured Soul is a classic side-scrolling platform game with a twist: it is played across both screens at once! Created by platform gamers for platform gamers, and exclusively for 3DS, Fractured Soul literally adds a new dimension to this much-loved genre.

You are forgotten. Stranded on an outpost in deep space, you remember nothing of who you are. All you know is that you are different. You are able to shift into a parallel dimension at will.

The outpost has been invaded, and is now swarming with hostiles. Escape is imperative, and with danger on all sides, it is only your unique power that can give you a fighting chance...

Features
  • Double the action: Fractured Soul takes the classic, instantly familiar platform game and brings it to the next level with dual-screen gameplay!
  • Online rankings for speed running: Compete against your friends and the world via Nintendo leaderboards.
  • Gameplay variety: 5 major zones, each bringing a unique challenge to the second screen. Your dimension-shifting journey will take you underwater, through fierce winds, scorching heat and even inverse gravity!
  • Hours of content: 30 levels across 5 zones, including both platforming and shoot-em-up game styles, as well as epic, dual-screen boss battles!
  • Hardcore challenges: Unlock challenge levels, and test your skills to the limit!

I think I would have liked it more if the bottom screen was like a 16-bit SNES game and the top was in 3D but it isn't. It isn't in 3D at all and considering I bought the 3DS only for the 3D, I'd rather get something like Mighty Switch Force than this.

It's not a bad game. I bought it at full price and didn't feel like it was overpriced, especially considering it was originally going to be a retail game. My biggest issues are:
1. It can be rage inducingly hard
2. The graphics aren't bad, but look very grainy due to the lack of 3D
3. Story isn't very present

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Thanks OP, but Nintendo can take their digital download prices and shove em.[/QUOTE]

how is $5-$10 unreasonable again? mostbof these sale games and many others are absolutely worth the cost of entry. download mutant mudds, kezal corridors, pushmp, crashmo, mighty switch force, have fun, and stfu

[quote name='fac ownage']how is $5-$10 unreasonable again? mostbof these sale games and many others are absolutely worth the cost of entry. download mutant mudds, kezal corridors, pushmp, crashmo, mighty switch force, have fun, and stfu[/QUOTE]

Aren't you a tough guy? +1 internet

Anyway, go compare Virtual Console and Wii Ware prices for similarly available titles on other platforms (XBLA/PSN) just to get an idea of how inflated these prices are.

Nintendo always overvalues. You wanna drop your money on those games, it's yours to drop, sucka. Me personally I don't have time to give Satoru Iwata some fap money for overvalued games.

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Aren't you a tough guy? +1 internet

Anyway, go compare Virtual Console and Wii Ware prices for similarly available titles on other platforms (XBLA/PSN) just to get an idea of how inflated these prices are.

Nintendo always overvalues. You wanna drop your money on those games, it's yours to drop, sucka. Me personally I don't have time to give Satoru Iwata some fap money for overvalued games.[/QUOTE]

So yeah, there's that...

So when I post an actual deal, it gets closed, but when these guys want to argue three weeks after a deal is over, it stays open.

Nice job, mods.

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Aren't you a tough guy? +1 internet

Nintendo always overvalues. You wanna drop your money on those games, it's yours to drop, sucka. Me personally I don't have time to give Satoru Iwata some fap money for overvalued games.[/QUOTE]

How does anything he said make him seem like a tough guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back