Gears of War: Judgment Pre-Order Comparison Thread

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 smackinisaiah

smackinisaiah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Gears of War: Judgment is coming out March 19th. In case you're on the fence of who to buy it from, check out these breakdowns and make an educated decision. Any comments and suggestions are always welcomed and appreciated! Enjoy!

3/19/13
GEARS OF WAR: JUDGMENT (X360)

Amazon:
Best Buy:
Walmart:
GameStop:
Microsoft Store:

ALL PREORDERS INCLUDE:

• Classic Hammerburst weapon DLC (PIC)
  • Gears of War 1 download on Xbox Live
Where to buy:
Amazon // Best Buy // Walmart // GameStop // Microsoft Store

===============================================
Gears of War Judgment Collector's Edition Strategy Guide
BradyGames, March 19 2013
352 Pages
Comes with code for bonus Big Game weapon skin.
Guide
Big Game Weapon Skin
Where to buy:
Amazon $19.49
GameStop $29.99

Gears of War Judgment Season Pass
1600 Microsoft Points
GameStop $19.99
20% discount versus buying everything separately

• Two upcoming Game Add-on Packs that include six multiplayer maps, two new modes, and new weapon and armor skins.

• Early access to Game Add-on multiplayer maps so you can be the first to play.

• A permanent double XP boost to accelerate your ascent through the ranks.

• Five exclusive weapon skins and four exclusive armor skins.

Gears of War Judgment Lancer Replica "Car No. 13"
NECA, March 14 2013
GameStop $99.99
Picture

Gears of War Judgment "Car no. 13" Lancer Replica: A brand new and exclusive limited edition version of the original Chainsaw Lancer featuring all new deco from the latest Gears of War video game, Judgment. This brand new skin is known as "Come in Car No. 13" and is reminiscent of a yellow taxi cab in design. Created directly from the 3D data used to make the Gears of War games comes this brand new electronic Lancer replica, which is 36 inches in length and runs on three "C" batteries. Highly detailed and hand painted, the reproduction features a trigger that sets off a motorized chainsaw sound accompanied by physical vibration. NECA's Lancer replica is also equipped with a removable clip and an adjustable side handle that folds in and out and slides back and forth.

Gears of War Judgment 7" Action Figure Baird
NECA, March 19 2013
GameStop $19.99
Picture

Gears of War Judgment Baird 7 Action Figure This brand new action figure of Damon Baird comes from the highly anticipated 4th game in the 20 million selling Gears of War franchise. Gears of War: Judgment due out March 19th, 2013 is a prequel to the events in the previous trilogy and features Baird as the main character. Lt.Damon Baird as the leader of Kilo Squad: A Gear soldier who was an expert in several technical and mechanical fields. This brand new figure features over 30 points of articulation and stands nearly 7 tall. He comes equipped with the retro Lancer weapon.

==============================================
This post has been wikified. If you would like to help edit it, please take the liberty of doing so. I plan on getting another one of these going for Gods of War and BioShock Infinite soon, although it seems nobody has anything exclusive, and if you can find an Ultimate Songbird edition or even a Premium edition, you're a lucky one. Regardless, let me know what you think. Thanks!

Edited by smackinisaiah, 03 March 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#2 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

I wish Amazon would add a $15-20 credit. I'd be more inclined to get it then.

#3 CoruptAI125

CoruptAI125

Subs B4 Dubs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:41 AM

I want to go Best Buy for the 20 bucks, but I might have to go Microsoft store because Alex Brand is the best character and I can't argue with 1600 points. Then again I wont get the game day one. This is a hard one.

Only thing I can think of to add to the post is pictures of the characters. I tried to do it, but I'm afraid I'll mess up the post.

#4 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:48 AM

I'll be picking this one up at Best Buy, mainly due to the $20 certificate, Anyas a nice bonus but I'll probably just use Tai onlne anways, also a code for a digital copy of Gears of War 1 comes with all first print copies from anywhere, so you'll get that no matter what, not just at Walmart.

659629.png?68329996

#5 smackinisaiah

smackinisaiah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Im thinking about getting a copy from Walmart for the free Gears 3, and then also from Best Buy for the $20 GC and 2x rz points. Sell one of the copies and I'd be content.

#6 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

Don't forget Dell.com has a $20 gift card

"Microsoft Corporation Pre Order Gears of War Judgment for 360 Available March 19 2013 with $20 PROMO eGift Card"

#7 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

Another is Amazon.es. Yes, they don't ship to the US and yes, it might be a region locked game, but there's a rare exclusive char that is likely region free

Pre Promotion: DLC code in Amazon.es ExCLUSIVE
Gears of War Reserve Judgement and receive free DLC code with which you can download to Sun, the best friend of Marcus Fenix ​​and "Hammerburst Classic", which was the rifle standard Army assault Locust.

#8 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

Ever since the first Gears of War, I promised myself that I wouldn't buy the following installment on release, because I found each Gears title incredibly overrated, yet I still bought it. This time I'm not going through with it unless Amazon adds a $20 credit. These bonuses don't impress me. I'll wait until holiday 2013 sales otherwise.

#9 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

Gears of War Canada is really good for our Canadian CAGs
Pre-order Bonuses

Get the Classic Hammerburst weapon, a code for the original "Gears of War" for Xbox 360, and the Amazon-exclusive bonuses Young Dom character skin (pictured) and Anya Stroud character skin. These exclusive skins are for use in competitive multiplayer matches in Gears of War: Judgment. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.ca. Limit one per household.

Sorry for all the posts, but i don't really understand the wiki thing. Anyone want to add my additions to it?

This is the complete worldwide thread

http://forums.epicga...ormation-Thread

Edited by RainFall, 03 March 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#10 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

I added a bunch of other Gears of War Judgment stuff to the OP. Hope it helps.

#11 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Good thread, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I went with BBY because the $20 > any of the other stuff IMO.

#12 jr8rulz

jr8rulz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

ok this is gonna be YMMV thing, but the microcenter ad i just got shows in the gaming section a picture of gears judgement and inset to that a 12mo xbox live card with a price of 39.99 overlay. perhaps someone could get a pricematch given the way the rest of the ads layout similar fashion the price over the game.

#13 MetalSlugger

MetalSlugger

Wubadubadub, is that true?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

All of the character DLC will be in future map packs...Epic always does that.

uc.png

#14 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

Based on how fast Gears 3 dropped in price, I may hold off on this one.

...unless I can get one of those $10 coupons at Best Buy to use on a preorder.

#15 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Based on how fast Gears 3 dropped in price, I may hold off on this one.

...unless I can get one of those $10 coupons at Best Buy to use on a preorder.

If you get it at ms store you $20 of ms points. Better than $10 especially if you want season pass since that would make it free. Plus free ship and alex brand and classic hammerburst.

#16 woz3323

woz3323

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thanks, OP, for doing this. It really does save time for everyone by having all these details in one place.
"I am somewhere where I don't know where I am"
-Homer Simpson

#17 Zurcamos

Zurcamos

The Antifanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

All of the character DLC will be in future map packs...Epic always does that.

I see this comment way too often. I'm not saying it won't happen, but Epic did it for one game, not "always." ...And technically you could argue they weren't the same. There's no reason for people to act like they know the future when they don't. If you HAVE to have a character, you better preorder, but don't be surprised if they offer it with a changed color scheme later.

BTW, why do we have individual threads now, instead of using this: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=297423 ?

#18 Flacksguy

Flacksguy

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

If you get it at ms store you $20 of ms points. Better than $10 especially if you want season pass since that would make it free. Plus free ship and alex brand and classic hammerburst.

If I get the coupon at Best Buy, that would be $10 off a preorder, plus the $20 Reward Zone credit, plus the 2X points. So basically $30 for the game plus the points.

#19 JKooL

JKooL

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

If I get the coupon at Best Buy, that would be $10 off a preorder, plus the $20 Reward Zone credit, plus the 2X points. So basically $30 for the game plus the points.

Yep.....that is a better deal no doubt!

#20 sadunk

sadunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

As with every other Gears game, this will be $40 in 3 weeks and the $20 you save won't be tied to one store. If you have a backlog, just wait. Thanks to the OP for organizing the bonuses though.

#21 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

I assume this has split screen co-op through the entire campaign just like gears 2 and gear 3 right? Anybody know?

EDIT: nv Cooptimus says yes.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#22 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

60 day price match works well at best buy for me... Been getting a bunch of games that net for $0 or money maker after selling dlc, $20 rz, price matching, and selling game after I finish it.

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#23 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

As with every other Gears game, this will be $40 in 3 weeks and the $20 you save won't be tied to one store. If you have a backlog, just wait. Thanks to the OP for organizing the bonuses though.

Hell if you really wait you can get it probably for $10 in a year. I know Gears 3 dropped pretty fast.

I'm pre-ordering because this is the only big title I'm getting from March till about September and me and all my friends love Gears.

#24 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

60 day price match works well at best buy for me... Been getting a bunch of games that net for $0 or money maker after selling dlc, $20 rz, price matching, and selling game after I finish it.

?
The new PM policy is not effective for you silvers yet?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#25 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

?
The new PM policy is not effective for you silvers yet?

Nope, silver is still 60. I am surprised we get 4x the amount of time...

I still can't decide if I want to renew my gamer unlocked. I only plan on buying gears of war and NBA 2k14. Who knows if they'll even have an offer for nba 2k14 though... I still get the magazine though due to them screwing up my sign up

#26 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:13 PM

Nope, silver is still 60. I am surprised we get 4x the amount of time...

I still can't decide if I want to renew my gamer unlocked. I only plan on buying gears of war and NBA 2k14. Who knows if they'll even have an offer for nba 2k14 though... I still get the magazine though due to them screwing up my sign up

I know silver gets 60 days of return period, which is essentially a 60 day return/rebuy pricematch period. But this way you loose the $20 rz unless they issue it first, you use it, then do a return/rebuy.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

My Lowball!

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#27 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

I know silver gets 60 days of return period, which is essentially a 60 day return/rebuy pricematch period. But this way you loose the $20 rz unless they issue it first, you use it, then do a return/rebuy.

Silver doesn't change until next month.

"Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013."

I am actually surprised they aren't changing the 60 day return policy. What's the point of only doing a 15 day price match if silver members can still return / rebuy...

#28 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

But by then the trade in values would have tanked as well. This way I could play it for those 2 weeks and still trade it in and get most of my money back if I don't like it. However it depends on how much you like the game - for me Gears is a keeper since many friends play it.

In the long term, if you buy a lot of games, it still makes more sense to pre-order at places where you get money or a giftcard and then sell the game back after quickly beating it. In many cases it ends up not costing you anything or a couple of dollars at most. The downside is yes that your money is now tied up at a certain store but if you buy a lot of games then that's not a problem.

#29 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

Hell if you really wait you can get it probably for $10 in a year. I know Gears 3 dropped pretty fast.

I'm pre-ordering because this is the only big title I'm getting from March till about September and me and all my friends love Gears.

It seems to be Microsoft's strategy lately because they did the same thing with Halo 4 - that dropped to $40 a month or so after debuting. It's smart of them to do this and the only ones it really "hurts" are those of us who just want to pay the absolute minimum.

#30 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Another is Amazon.es. Yes, they don't ship to the US and yes, it might be a region locked game, but there's a rare exclusive char that is likely region free

Pre Promotion: DLC code in Amazon.es ExCLUSIVE
Gears of War Reserve Judgement and receive free DLC code with which you can download to Sun, the best friend of Marcus Fenix ​​and "Hammerburst Classic", which was the rifle standard Army assault Locust.

This is just Young Dom which you get from regular Amazon.

xivpads.png