Target Price Adjustment? GameStop Price Adjustment?

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So, I bought the Blue Wii Skylanders bundle on 2/10 (technically, my wife bought it for me as a Valentine's Day Present... isn't she awesome?). Target had it on sale for $109.99.

This week, they have it on sale for $99.99.

Looking online, it appears their price match policy is seven days - which I'm obviously over. But, I have 30 days to return the system - then, I could just re-buy.

So... anyone have any experience dealing with this? Do I *really* need to pack the entire system back up just to do a return/re-buy? It's only $10, so I'm not too invested in it - but I do have to go to Target today anyway - so, if it'll be an easy thing to take care of, why not? Free $10.

It's now on sale (permanent mark down?) for $39.99.

I'm obviously over the 30-Days to return the item, so I'm probably just SOL - but any chance I could bring in my receipt (if I can find this one... otherwise, they should be able to look it up via my PUR card, right?), I could get a price adjustment? It's only $10, so I'm not too invested in it - but I do have to go to Target today anyway, and there's a GameStop in the same parking lot - so, if it'll be an easy thing to take care of, why not? Free $10.

[quote name='UncleBob']So, I bought the Blue Wii Skylanders bundle on 2/10 (technically, my wife bought it for me as a Valentine's Day Present... isn't she awesome?). Target had it on sale for $109.99.

This week, they have it on sale for $99.99.

Looking online, it appears their price match policy is seven days - which I'm obviously over. But, I have 30 days to return the system - then, I could just re-buy.

So... anyone have any experience dealing with this? Do I *really* need to pack the entire system back up just to do a return/re-buy? It's only $10, so I'm not too invested in it - but I do have to go to Target today anyway - so, if it'll be an easy thing to take care of, why not? Free $10.

It's now on sale (permanent mark down?) for $39.99.

I'm obviously over the 30-Days to return the item, so I'm probably just SOL - but any chance I could bring in my receipt (if I can find this one... otherwise, they should be able to look it up via my PUR card, right?), I could get a price adjustment? It's only $10, so I'm not too invested in it - but I do have to go to Target today anyway, and there's a GameStop in the same parking lot - so, if it'll be an easy thing to take care of, why not? Free $10.[/QUOTE]

I would say there is between zero and zero chance of gamestop doing anything (other than laughing at you, that is). Target? Who knows? My guess would be: depends on who's at the counter.

Yeah, I figure I'm out of luck with GameStop (even more now, since I can't seem to find the receipt)... But it *is* only 31 days later... and they say you get 30. :D

With Target I would bring in the receipt and sort imply a "threat" that you're going to return it... Sometimes they can do return / re-buy without the item, just from the receipt. They did that for me with a 3DS. (They don't have to know that it's strewn all over the living room... ;) )

Target should hook you up with the return, re-buy if you need to, assuming they have more of them in-stock. I've had them refuse if they don't have any floor stock.

Out of luck on Gamestop, though.

bread's done
Back