Dual shock 3 ps3 controller black 19.99 frys in store only

[quote name='mitnosi']Damn, I need a new controller too, no Fry's here :/[/QUOTE]

New BB price match policy matches frys.com so you can pm there as well

[quote name='stefpimp']New BB price match policy matches frys.com so you can pm there as well[/QUOTE]

YMMV since it says in-store only.

Damn I will try and get a PM at my BB but I doubt it the two fry's near me have none in stock and only once I have had them just PM without calling because they were busy.

[quote name='Progamer665']If the nearest Frys is 900 miles away, do you think my local best buy will still price match?[/QUOTE]

I think they have to be within 20 or 25 miles of the store just tell them to (√900)/2 = 15 then its within there price match range!

Has this been on sale for a few days already, for all the Southern California locations shows that the controller is unavailable?

[quote name='theonlyone']Has this been on sale for a few days already, for all the Southern California locations shows that the controller is unavailable?[/QUOTE]
Why do you care, just PM at BBY. Use all that trade credit and certs.

Is this the one with the clam shell plastic case? not the blue retail box which is $55 in-store.

Your best option would be to do a price match at BB and hopefully they don't do a store check.

It's an open box only available in Milton, GA. I can tell because there's currenlty a 6.2 pc option when looking up store availability which shows all of their stores.

So I went to try this a few hours ago...Have a fry's store within the 25 miles of the BB, but Fry's did not have it in stock.

When I got to BB, there was a mom and her son who trying get this done with the Fry's thing and they got denied. I heard the BB rep say that because they can't purchase it online through the Fry's store, that they can't price match.

So if your local Fry's doesn't have it in stock...getting BB to pm this is YMMV. You just have to hope they don't check the stock. If you really want to try this anyway...just take it up to the the front registers, so they might not think to check stock, because it might be busy and they wanna keep lines moving.

There is one other alternative I can think of...try and get Walmart to PM this...their pm policy doesn't require the item to be in stock, so there is that you can do. Im gonna try this tonight sometime.

Just got back from BBY and PM'd it at frys I also asked of I could change colors but got denied because the price difference was huge on the price match.

[quote name='Tdog987']So if your local Fry's doesn't have it in stock...getting BB to pm this is YMMV. You just have to hope they don't check the stock. If you really want to try this anyway...just take it up to the the front registers, so they might not think to check stock, because it might be busy and they wanna keep lines moving.[/QUOTE]

I always price match at the front register because they are more likely to be in hurry with other customers inline so they don't check online price/stock or call a location. My Best Buy lets me use my phone as proof for the lower price. With that said I don't need another controller because of the Target PS3 controller and Call of Duty: Black Ops bundle that went on clearance.

i price matched this today at my local bestbuy.

also, i dont know if this is old news or not ?
but the person that rung up my purchess told me that bestbuy is only price matching 1 time for an item starting today 3/3/13. in other words... if i was to buy/pricematch a game from bestbuy for $40, and the next week it went on sale for $30, they wont give you the price match or difference back. she said it is a one time only thing at the time of purchesd in the store. and she also mentioned that you only have 15 days to return an item now, no more 30 days.
again, not sure if thats old new or not ?

The UPC on the fry's site doesn't match the blue box DS3 controllers they have at BB, but the manager still gave the cashier the go-ahead to PM, got 3 controllers :bouncy:

I managed to price match this. I felt like it was going to be a no go especially because the guy saw the other black controller in the frys page at full price. He then ask a guy in white shirt(manager?) who was near and then he gave him the go.

[quote name='Smashbro29']Think you could pricematch this somewhere and get a different color?[/QUOTE]

Don't take your chances. They might be strict with the UPC thing and not allow it. Get the black.

[quote name='ken9']The UPC on the fry's site doesn't match the blue box DS3 controllers they have at BB, but the manager still gave the cashier the go-ahead to PM, got 3 controllers :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong but why would it? I believe each color has a different UPC.

[quote name='Alex121006']i price matched this today at my local bestbuy.

but the person that rung up my purchess told me that bestbuy is only price matching 1 time for an item starting today 3/3/13. in other words... if i was to buy/pricematch a game from bestbuy for $40, and the next week it went on sale for $30, they wont give you the price match or difference back. she said it is a one time only thing at the time of purchesd in the store. and she also mentioned that you only have 15 days to return an item now, no more 30 days.
again, not sure if thats old new or not ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, new policy says that you can only PM at time of purchase unless the lower price is from BB. If they drop the price in 15 days, then you can PM again.

[quote name='kayne2000']jealous of all that have a frys near them lol[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad. Actually, this is YMMV. My closest frys is actually like 90 miles away from where I live lol. So it depends on the employees/manager.

[quote name='Alex121006']i price matched this today at my local bestbuy.

again, not sure if thats old new or not ?[/QUOTE]
It's true, have been a heated discussion on CAG for almost two weeks now.

The two locations in AZ show no stock on the controller. I went this morning and lo and behold there were a ton of controllers. Brought to the register and it rang up $55. The cashier asked his manager and we basically concluded that the UPC may have changed along with the packaging or something resulting in the UPC on the box being different than what was online.

Bottom line, no dice - may try to PM at BB to see if they will allow it.

Just got back from Best Buy. Cashier didn't want to price match (the online Fry's price shows $54.96), but finally called a manager over who PM'd with no problem.

Nice deal, as my DualShock 3 kicked the bucket a couple of days ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, whats the TIV at Gamestop for a dualshock 3? I have 3 of them at the moment with no need for a fourth, but I have one that could stand to be replaced (dog got to one of the analog sticks...).

Has anyone been able to PM this at Walmart? Do they have a policy about being close to a Fry's store? I want to try but we don't have a Fry's in this state.

[quote name='mpaullin']Hmm, whats the TIV at Gamestop for a dualshock 3? I have 3 of them at the moment with no need for a fourth, but I have one that could stand to be replaced (dog got to one of the analog sticks...).[/QUOTE]

Got $22 from GS courtesy of the 50% bonus + 10% PUR bonus for my old, dead-battery one before getting in on this deal.

PM'ed @Los Feliz, CA BB.

But you might have to go through several reps to find one willing to do it for you.

I PM'ed and purchased over the phone to save me some hassle.

[quote name='Jerseyleoal']Has anyone been able to PM this at Walmart? Do they have a policy about being close to a Fry's store? I want to try but we don't have a Fry's in this state.[/QUOTE]

From what i know about Walmart, they require you to bring a physical copy of the ad and not a print out

[quote name='Jerseyleoal']Has anyone been able to PM this at Walmart? Do they have a policy about being close to a Fry's store? I want to try but we don't have a Fry's in this state.[/QUOTE]

Can't people read...I said I did like 8 posts before you

[quote name='jw430']From what i know about Walmart, they require you to bring a physical copy of the ad and not a print out[/QUOTE]

Mine does. Fry's is located about 21 miles from my Walmart and Ive heard the store manager say that they don't because its too far away, but the workers in electronics never got the memo. BB policy is within 25 miles, but Walmart doesn't give a specific #.

So all did was go back to electronics and ask one of the workers there if they has anymore black DS3's, bc there were none out on the floor. The worker told me there was one in the back and like 5 minutes later, he came back with 2 (told him I was looking for that many). When he starts to scan them, I him I want to price match these.

I pull this http://frys.com/product/5552260 up on my phone and let him look around at it. At 1st he said something about it being an online price or its for a 360 controller (idk), so I told hold him that is says "[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Available In-Store Only[/FONT]", so that is the in store price. That was all good for him and he scanned them and PM'd them, but it took another 5 min for a manager to override, since the difference in price was so much. The manager didn't ask to look at the ad, he just stuck his key in and approved it.

[quote name='Tdog987']Can't people read...I said I did like 8 posts before you
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it is really YMMV PM walmart. No go at my local walmart :cry:

[quote name='jw430']Yeah, it is really YMMV PM walmart. No go at my local walmart :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well thats because it was our of state...not really surprising. That would have been tough. Could try tomorrow with a different worker.

Price matched successfully at best buy. The first manager was very opposed to it, but the very nice cashier asked a second manager and I got the ok. This is defenitley very very YMMV

Price matched with no problems today at bestbuy. Cashier looked at my phone and saw website, got manager over who override it and walked away fast, didn't even bother looking at what was overridden. I Don't have a Fry's anywhere close to me, but very happy :D.

Price matched one yesterday evening at my local Best Buy. The cashier knows me so she just took a look at my phone (with page pulled up) and approved it. Used $15 in reward certs so it came out to $5.

I don't even need the controller as I have 4 controllers already that work fine, but I still felt compelled to get one...

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Price matched one yesterday evening at my local Best Buy. The cashier knows me so she just took a look at my phone (with page pulled up) and approved it. Used $15 in reward certs so it came out to $5.

I don't even need the controller as I have 4 controllers already that work fine, but I still felt compelled to get one...[/QUOTE]

Link one to your tablet for some on the go EMU gaming.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']My HP Touchpad has no bluetooth. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Huh? Mine does. I'm using 6axis and it runs beautifully.

Nothing like BLOPS zombies on the go.

bread's done
Back