Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

I put in for a pm. Here is hoping, lol

Check out our site! The Gamers Lounge

#33 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

Its 228% more expensive then $0.00 shipping from Amazon and BBY (with Silver)

Isn't 228% of 0...0?

#34 SolarUxie

SolarUxie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:48 AM

Well i printed out the page showing it was 39.99, took it to bestbuy hoping i could get a price match and i was able to get it. Granted there was a little hassle but i got it nonetheless.

#35 JoshTX

JoshTX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:08 AM

Well it doesn't look like Amazon wants to match it, but there has now been a thread started saying it is available for just over 40 on Origin's site.

#36 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:09 AM

I bought this for $34 used from Gamestop with that 20% off coupon, played the single player and returned it. It was decent. I thought 2 was better.

#37 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

Isn't 228% of 0...0?

This is correct lol. Math seems to fail him haha.

xivpads.png

#38 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

This is correct lol. Math seems to fail him haha.

Public education at its finest what can I say. When I realized it it was already quoted so no time to edit $0 to FREE or something that made sense.

#39 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:53 AM

Public education at its finest what can I say. When I realized it it was already quoted so no time to edit $0 to FREE or something that made sense.

It's ok. It happens. /shoulderpat

xivpads.png

#40 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Thanks op. Price matched at BB to get $20 back from my preorder.

#41 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

I called for a and said Hastings wasn't listed as an online competitor...

#42 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:12 PM

For what it's worth, I firmly believe this game is the weakest of the trilogy to date. The Single player tries to be both of its predecessors, and it ends up failing to be either. There is some fun to be had online, due to the addition of the bow, but that is certainly very short lived. Crysis has been one of those FPS that really serve to keep the genre interesting, but this game falls off of that wagon by quite a bit. The game also has a fair few technical problems--assuming they haven't been patched yet.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#43 Kai984

Kai984

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

How did you guys PM BB?
I went to 3 different BB and no go :(

#44 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

^

WHY YOU GOT TO RAIN ON OUR PARADE - BRO?

lol j/k
a deal is a deal to a cag - and this is a deal.

#45 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

How did you guys PM BB?
I went to 3 different BB and no go :(

I brought a printout of the GoHastings Crysis 3 product page. The first BB I went to said no because GH was not on the list of pm sites that started March 3. Then I went to my usual BB and they pm'd no question. On the computer register there is a list of sites to match against. The last on the list is something like "other website". That's what they can use to pm a site like GH. It's up to them if they want to match an "other" site, so YMMV.

#46 tlwizard

tlwizard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:45 PM

Worked for me on the phone for my online order. Thanks. She also gave me the heads up on the pricematch changes that are now in place for regular members and silver members April 18.

#47 UNC5052

UNC5052

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

What department have you guys who have been successful at pricematching at Best Buy online been transferred to? I've tried the video game department several times but no one would price match it. One person did say that they are looking to add more competitors to the list, but I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

#48 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

I dealt with three asshole reps yesterday. First guy told me they have never price matched online stores (I called him out on that and he claimed to have worked for the company for four years). Second rep put me on hold for over 8mins trying to determine if she would pm it or not. She finally said no, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she put me on hold for another 10mins before hanging up.

Called back and the third rep told me that she couldn't pm it because it wasn't on their list. I asked if that meant I had to go into the store to do a pm and she told me that the store would tell me the same thing. Asked to speak to a manager, who then confirmed that a store WILL pm hastings if there is one within 25mles.

After spending an hour and fifteen minutes on the phone, and dealing with three very frustrating reps, I asked the manager if he could issue me a $20 credit for the hassle. He apologized for the reps and agreed. Not exactly a pm, but that hour of 'work' was pretty brutal. Normally, BB is great with me. This was not one of those times.

(for those asking, you want the POST-PURCHASE VIDEO GAME DEPARTMENT)

#49 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

I dealt with three asshole reps yesterday. First guy told me they have never price matched online stores (I called him out on that and he claimed to have worked for the company for four years). Second rep put me on hold for over 8mins trying to determine if she would pm it or not. She finally said no, I asked to speak to a supervisor and she put me on hold for another 10mins before hanging up.

Called back and the third rep told me that she couldn't pm it because it wasn't on their list. I asked if that meant I had to go into the store to do a pm and she told me that the store would tell me the same thing. Asked to speak to a manager, who then confirmed that a store WILL pm hastings if there is one within 25mles.

After spending an hour and fifteen minutes on the phone, and dealing with three very frustrating reps, I asked the manager if he could issue me a $20 credit for the hassle. He apologized for the reps and agreed. Not exactly a pm, but that hour of 'work' was pretty brutal. Normally, BB is great with me. This was not one of those times.

(for those asking, you want the POST-PURCHASE VIDEO GAME DEPARTMENT)

So I guess the question is do you have a GoHastings near you? Or where you just being a complete dick when they stuck to their policy and not PM online stores that aren't listed (like I dunno GoHastings.com?) and asked for free money for spending an hour being a dick and trying to beat the system?

If you have one near you then I don't know why you wouldn't have gone in or just contacted them so they could call the local store would have been easier then what you did.

Edited by joshnorm, 05 March 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#50 Kai984

Kai984

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:14 AM

Why wouldn't Amazon PM this?
I thought they PM everything lol

#51 honzoh

honzoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:47 AM

If you have one near you then I don't know why you wouldn't have gone in or just contacted them so they could call the local store would have been easier then what you did.

I have a Hastings less than 10miles from my local BB. An issue I brought up multiple times with each rep. I didn't want to leave the house for a third time yesterday after already running multiple errands. If I had known that I would have been fighting with BB for an hour, I certainly would have gone in instead.

However, after dealing with the first jerk I was determined to have him reported. With the second rep being equally worse, I then became determined.

#52 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:16 AM

I have a Hastings less than 10miles from my local BB. An issue I brought up multiple times with each rep. I didn't want to leave the house for a third time yesterday after already running multiple errands. If I had known that I would have been fighting with BB for an hour, I certainly would have gone in instead.

However, after dealing with the first jerk I was determined to have him reported. With the second rep being equally worse, I then became determined.

Posted Image

your a cool guy dude
I also like to pick on minimum wage employees and get them fired
for absolutely no reason

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#53 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:49 AM

Posted Image

your a cool guy dude
I also like to pick on minimum wage employees and get them fired
for absolutely no reason

If he has one near by, and they should be price matching them in that case (?), then he has every right to get irritated. Best Buy acts like it's you vs. them every time you try to price match with them. I don't know about you, but my time is very valuable to me. Wasting hours of it on the phone over something like this doesn't sound like a great usage of it. Apparently linking pictures in a forum and using incorrect grammar to insult others--which is hilarious, of course, in and of itself--makes you a cool guy?

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#54 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

I like you ur a cool guy
Maybe we could swing by a kmart together
You can teach me sum grammah
And we can harass minimum wage workers
Those stupid fucks takin up all our welfare monies
Theyll proly be so confused by our superior linguistics

vpnz.png2h50m13.gif2eb67tj.jpgn5qy6u.gif

#55 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:47 AM

You'd be so much better of a troll if you could commit one way or the other. You're not coherent enough for anything you say to fully make sense, but it's not so goofy or ridiculous that it's funny.