MadCatz SoulCalibur V Stick - About $60

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Psybuster

Psybuster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Bought a brawlstick back in December intending to mod, never got around to it, I'm sure this would be cheaper to just buy this outright, and the curved button layout is better for me too. What do I do with the brawlstick now though :(

#32 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Bought a brawlstick back in December intending to mod, never got around to it, I'm sure this would be cheaper to just buy this outright, and the curved button layout is better for me too. What do I do with the brawlstick now though :(

Mod it anyway. That's what I did with mine. New stick, buttons, and art is real easy to do on those.

#33 FerDK

FerDK

Old School

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:37 AM

I just bought a Tekken 6 Hori stick at a local game store preowned for 29.99 preowned. These things any good?

I've owned one of those and I can sincerely tell you there is no remote point of comparison with the Mad Catz/Sanwa TE stick I own now.
Posted Image

#34 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Its really easy to mod it, barely took me like 2-3 hours to replace the buttons/stick/art. And it was my first one too, came out great
Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

Its really easy to mod it, barely took me like 2-3 hours to replace the buttons/stick/art. And it was my first one too, came out great

Yep. Everything is super easy. Art you take it to FedEx Office/Kinkos and have them do a lami -label, which is a big sticker, and slap it on. It sort of feels good when you get done with it. Like you made it your own.

#36 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:00 AM

I have the MvC2 TE, 2 PS3 TE's and a 360 EX-SE, plus 3 SE sticks, why am I still fighting the urge to pull the trigger on this?

#37 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

Sellers are moving them for about $60 after shipping

These are the similar to the Madcatz TE sticks but with a different body a slightly different layout. So they have the quality Sanwa parts.

This is a TE stick (well, TE-S to be more specific). Main differences are more reliable PCB, Namco Noir button layout (versus the Vewlix layout of other TE sticks), artwork & that gorgeous 3-translucent color case. I prefer the Vewlix layout but that's just personal preference.

Nothing is wrong with this model,is the same as the other models,just the artwork is diferent,maybe because of the Soul Calibur brand?

Nothing's wrong with this model versus other Madcatz TE sticks. Besides the translucent case, the other major difference is the button layout.

I just bought a Tekken 6 Hori stick at a local game store preowned for 29.99 preowned. These things any good?

For $30 pre-owned, it's subpar at best. Joystick lever has a much bigger deadzone, buttons aren't as responsive/sensitive & very lightweight. The Sanwa-based sticks are in a whole other league especially for $30 more for this SCV stick. IMHO, only thing good is that the battery last a very long time. If you plan on keeping it then I recommend getting a piece of velcro strap & slap that USB dongle onto the side of the case somewhere so you don't lose it whe not in use.

Yeah it is wireless...

Can I just modify it to improve the controls or is it a wireless problem?

IMHO, not worth it as others have said. Adding weight is easy by putting rolls of pennies in there but lots of soldering work to do everything else.

If Amazon & Buy.com are sold out for this price then eBay is your next best place to buy. All of the Sanwa parts (JLF joystick lever & OBSF buttons) alone are worth $55+ if purchased from Focus Attack & Arcade Shock (most popular online vendors for Japanese arcade parts). This is my fav. TE stick by Madcatz due to that beautiful case & a heck of a deal!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#38 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Dang it, I'm trying to reduce sticks! Great price!

The person that asked about the Tekken stick, at the price point of the SC stick it is just better to buy the good stick instead of modding the T6 stick, cost of pieces alone is gonna be the cost of the SC stick plus the T6 is really uncomfortable to mod since you will have to solder and dremmel the case. I had the T6 stick, worked ok, but does not compared to having pro parts stick. I would buy this one and sell the T6 if I was you.

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#39 Remoe

Remoe

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

THANKS to OtakuFerret for recommending Buy.com! The stick is now on backorder... :-(

Edited by Remoe, 06 March 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#40 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

Wow, just received mine in the mail from my seller this morning.

Didn't even mark it as shipped yet.

What an awesome deal, thanks again OP.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#41 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

oh well... I went with a preferred seller (Portable Guy) for a few bucks more and got cancellation email today...
"Upon receipt of your order we discovered that we are out of stock on the item you purchased."
(order was placed just 25 minutes after OP... ;/ )

guess this is the world telling me that I should just save my money and stick with my TE

#42 Magsec

Magsec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:47 AM

Amazon has it in stock for $99.99 (both versions). It's $60 less than the default but it could also be the "last hoorah" pricing for it.

#43 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

ordered from buy.com via ebay and got a back order notice also, damn!!!!

update I got a cancellation notice from buy.com via ebay, it showed 80 left in stock when the listing ended wtf!

Edited by CaoPi, 11 March 2013 - 10:40 PM.

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#44 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

bumpppppppp

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#45 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

bumpppppppp

No need to bump. Deal is dead. The listings have been removed from Rakuten and both eBay and the Amazon Marketplace have returned to the $100 price point, sadly. :-(
Posted Image