Final Fantasy VI Advance

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

So I've decided I'm gonna bite the bullet and go get a copy of Final Fantasy VI for the GBA. I own Final Fantasy III on the Super NES, and I remember taking a look at VI GBA when it was first released, but it has since vanished from everywhere but resellers, and neither of my local used game stores has it (obviously).

The problem is that I have qualms about biting the bullet to the tune of $40, especially on a game that sold for less than that new. Anyone know a place or a way I could get it for somewhere between $20 and $30?

#2 batman1939

batman1939

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Other than building a time machine, right?

#3 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:44 AM

That can be a suggestion as long as you include construction plans.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#4 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Other than building a time machine, right?

I've seen Primer, but I'm not sure I could follow the plans.

(And yes, without that. I did leave my name and number at one of the used stores in case it comes in.)

#5 parKer

parKer

CheapyT Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

Another option is to find/buy another rare game for $20-30 (or dig into your collection for one) and trade it for FFVI with a CAG. I have FFVI and especially on this forum, sometimes a trade is just as good as cash.
26.2 | 13.1

:ps3: Tomb Raider (MP only)
:ps3: PS+ IGC

#6 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Ebay might have a copy for about 15-30. Be careful a quick searched showed me a lot of fake copies. If you want I can take pictures of my cartridge so you know what a real one looks like.

#7 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Ebay might have a copy for about 15-30. Be careful a quick searched showed me a lot of fake copies. If you want I can take pictures of my cartridge
so you know what a real one looks like.

I've been haunting eBay. Failed to pull the trigger on IV/V/VI for $60 like an idiot; missed on a couple other VIs. The real one is the clean-ish label with the official Nintendo Seal, right?

Another option is to find/buy another rare game for $20-30 (or dig into your collection for one) and trade it for FFVI with a CAG. I have FFVI and especially on this forum, sometimes a trade is just as good as cash.

That's a great idea, though there are only like nine on the CAG marketplace. If any of y'all are reading this thread, I'd happily find something to trade.

#8 stikmanrp

stikmanrp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Do you have a Vita? If so, you can get the psone classic version for $10 (might still be on sale for $5)
Good things don't end in "eum", then end in "mania"...and "teria" - Homer Simpson

#9 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:47 AM

Yeah its the label that looks very plain and an officianl nintendo seal.

http://img.photobuck...zpsc05de028.jpg

thats my copy.

#10 Rumors

Rumors

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:35 AM

Do you have a Vita? If so, you can get the psone classic version for $10 (might still be on sale for $5)

I was looking into buy VI myself recently until I saw the used prices. I was going to the ps1 classic version but its just a port of the psone title and IIRC it has horrendous load times

#11 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yeah its the label that looks very plain and an officianl nintendo seal.

http://img.photobuck...zpsc05de028.jpg

thats my copy.

That's what I thought. Thanks!

No Vita. I could still buy the PSone version on PS3, but I wanted the GBA one.

#12 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

I probably wouldn't want the GBA one over the PS1 one, since their soundtracks are not the same quality as the SNES's, which is what trolls would say.

Batsugunner.png

#13 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Update: I bought a copy on eBay for $22 shipped. Let's hope all is right with it!

#14 Hiroshou

Hiroshou

You bred Raptors!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

That's a great price! You'll have to provide an update when it arrives.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

That's a great price! You'll have to provide an update when it arrives.

Will do, and with pic!

It took about three weeks of diligent hunting (and a couple of near-misses) to find it at that price, and the listing made no guarantee that it works, which is kiiinda troubling, but the pic was of the legit cartridge, so...

#16 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:43 AM

Just make absolutely sure it's not a fake, if I remember correctly you can look into the slot and see if there's a Nintendo logo on the PCB to check.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#17 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Here's an album of pics of it/gameplay. Compared it to my Sword of Mana cart (only other Squenix game I have right now) and it looks legit to me.

I couldn't see inside at the board, but it doesn't look like there's a seal.

#18 jimjom

jimjom

the dude abides

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:59 PM

FFVI is my favorite game of all time. I do prefer the GBA version, better translation and added dungeons and espers!

http://www.ff6hackin...ad.php?tid=1123

FINAL FANTASY VI RESTORED! Music, sound is restored and brightness is adjusted to match SNES!

This is the version, yes, it is a ROM but you'll figure it out from there.

#19 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:23 AM

FFVI is my favorite game of all time. I do prefer the GBA version, better translation and added dungeons and espers!

http://www.ff6hackin...ad.php?tid=1123

FINAL FANTASY VI RESTORED! Music, sound is restored and brightness is adjusted to match SNES!

This is the version, yes, it is a ROM but you'll figure it out from there.

too bad there is no way to patch in the Woolsey translation.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#20 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:23 PM

Here's an album of pics of it/gameplay. Compared it to my Sword of Mana cart (only other Squenix game I have right now) and it looks legit to me.

I couldn't see inside at the board, but it doesn't look like there's a seal.

That looks real. You can tell if a cart is real by looking at the bottom of the cart. If you shine some light at the very bottom and look at where the metal connectors are you should be able to read Nintendo above the gold connectors.

#21 Rockabye

Rockabye

Been around

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

That looks real. You can tell if a cart is real by looking at the bottom of the cart. If you shine some light at the very bottom and look at where the metal connectors are you should be able to read Nintendo above the gold connectors.

Just checked that, and yep, that's the case. Thanks!

Now to figure out where it fits in my backlog...

#22 Chinese_cuisine

Chinese_cuisine

Dim Sum Yum Yum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:11 AM

I was looking into buy VI myself recently until I saw the used prices. I was going to the ps1 classic version but its just a port of the psone title and IIRC it has horrendous load times

If you can find a PSPgo, you can get a dock and component cables to play it with a dualshock 3. :)