- - - - -

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Seasons 1-3 $24.49 Each, Season 4 $26.49 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Star Wars: The Clone Wars

These only drop annually and for a short time with the conclusion of each season it seems, so if you've been meaning to pick them up now is the time. Highly recommended series with season five being absolutely amazing and heartbreaking. Also recommend the movie whenever it's on sale as a prelude to the series.

Edited by Jodou, 04 March 2013 - 08:28 PM.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#2 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

whoa..thanks for the update! Been waiting a long time for the price to drop! S5 finale was amazing. Need to watch it more now that FIOS shows CN in HD!

#3 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thanks op. was looking to get season 4 at some point at around this price. Ordered one. Now I just need to make time and plan a marathon of these four seasons I own. :/

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV), Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition (PS4).

#4 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I wanna watch this series but at this point I might as well wait until it concludes and get the eventual boxset or whatever bundle they come up with.

#5 Stele

Stele

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

You'll be waiting for years since it's going on at least a 6th season.

#6 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

season 2 is sold out

#7 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

season 2 is sold out

no it isn't

#8 Burchamj

Burchamj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

ohh got it. theres two versions. anyone know whats on the extra disc?

#9 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

Grabbing season 3 and 4. Thanks OP!

#10 argyle

argyle

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

I keep waiting for these to go on sale and they never do, so I'm biting on all 4. I've only seen the movie that started the series & a handful of the season 1 episodes, but I have friends that rave about them so I feel confident based on what I've seen that I'll like it all.
Posted Image

#11 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Thanks Jodou! Been waiting for Season 4 to drop.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#12 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Managed to get a price match at Target for season 4.

#13 haywire69

haywire69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Managed to get a price match at Target for season 4.

I'm only missing season 3;was going to price match it at Target but,they only have season 4 on blu.Would it be worth it to get season 3 on DVD for $18.with price match off Amazon or will it go lower?

#14 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

I want the 2 seasons that I don't have. Was going to PM BBY but shocker they only had the DVD of Season 4. So hopefully this will stay up for a few days so I can get enough to buy them off Amazon or go to BBY and find copies to PM.

#15 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

If you wanna PM at BBY you can just do a phone order. I've done that before to use my credit when I did not have time to run out to the store and I was able to use my credit. Ships free too. I may be doing it this time around too just in case the price goes back up tomorrow.
Posted Image

#16 darthmalice777

darthmalice777

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Thanks Jodou! Been waiting for Season 4 to drop.

This.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

S3 and S4 arrived today, S3 had no slip...is this normal?

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#18 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:48 AM

S3 used to have a slip, but probably not anymore

#19 Commander0Zero

Commander0Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

yup been waiting on this for a while. Picked up season's 3 and 4.
Posted Image

#20 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

I am really wondering how far they are going to take the series... they are getting too close to Episode 3 in the time line now that the clones have changed into the armor seen in the 3rd movie.

#21 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:52 PM

ohh got it. theres two versions. anyone know whats on the extra disc?

That was the Region B release (Europe, I believe)...nothing the U.S. release didn't have as far as I know, just spread over more discs. There were two releases for the U.S. version, the difference being that the initial release was in a digibook package and include several pages of artwork. S1 and S2 both had digibooks, but the current printing is now just a standard case without the artbook, like S3.

#22 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:31 AM

sweet, can finally get season 4
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#23 jrallen99

jrallen99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Thanks OP. Grabbed the first 3 season. I have not seen any of them and they never do seem to go on sale.

#24 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

They really never do...I only wound up buying the first two seasons a while back because I was home visiting family and stopped by a local FYE, where they had both used for Buy 1 Get 1 50% off...both digibooks in pristine condition, too. I've seen season 3 for around this price before, but only once or twice; Amazon marketplace sellers generally have the best prices when these aren't on sale. Season 4, though...this is the first I've seen it on sale.

#25 chriscolbert

chriscolbert

Push Me, Pull Me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:13 PM

I might just take the plunge and blind buy all four seasons. I've seen bits here and there but never gave it a chance. I didn't realize how highly regarded it was. My soon to be six year old son has seen more of it than I have and seemed to really like it.
Posted Image “Jeter always gives me a pound after every inning,” Sabathia explained.

#26 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

I might just take the plunge and blind buy all four seasons. I've seen bits here and there but never gave it a chance. I didn't realize how highly regarded it was. My soon to be six year old son has seen more of it than I have and seemed to really like it.

It's a very uneven show: some episodes clearly pander to children in tone and humor while other episodes exhibit darker, maturer themes that appeal to adults. In other words, it's probably a good show to watch together with your son.

#27 bfett9

bfett9

Stop Looking at Me!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

So season 3 never had a Digibook correct?
Posted Image

#28 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

So season 3 never had a Digibook correct?

Correct. They changed the format to just a case and slip cover after season 2.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#29 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

I've been waiting for a sale like this. I've got seasons one and two, so added three and four. In terms of watching I'm only most of the way through season one, so got a lot of catching up to do!

#30 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

It's a very uneven show: some episodes clearly pander to children in tone and humor while other episodes exhibit darker, maturer themes that appeal to adults.

I've found this as well. There will be a story arc for a few episodes that seems quite juvenile, and is clearly targeted at a less sophisticated audience. Then there will be another multi-episode arc that deals with some fairly heavy themes, and often feature impressive writing and visuals.

I personally favor most of the story arcs that approach the story from the perspective of the clone troopers. The recent conclusion arc for the end of season 5 was also very satisfying. I adored the mid-season arc involving the criminal empire of Darth Maul.

There is definitely material in this series that is worth watching. Just be prepared to have to wade through kid-centric "filler." Having some youngsters around to watch it with would be a big advantage.